Does anyone here have a Japanese 4.x Console + GW?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by drfsupercenter, Apr 18, 2014.

1. drfsupercenter
    OP

drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    I need to ask a huge favor of anyone who does. It involves a Pokémon event that starts tomorrow. Wi-Fi events are region-locked to the console's region, so I cannot be of any help with my USA system. The good news is since it's Wi-Fi, you don't actually need to live in Japan.

I can explain more once I have a volunteer, but I just thought I'd ask here as I do not know anybody personally who has one.

You'll be helping out any other Pokémon X/Y players who want 100% legit events! As trust me, the ones Datel creates for Powersaves are NOT legit at all, I've confirmed it, so all of gbatemp's community saves are pretty useless if you want legitimacy.

2. Sheimi

Sheimi A cute Vixen!

Oct 22, 2009
    United States
    What event starts tomorrow?

3. drfsupercenter
    OP

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    Darkrai. You have to buy a movie ticket to get a code (I can handle that part via somebody in Japan), then redeem it via Mystery Gift.

4. aos10

aos10 look at me,shitposting about GW,i am so cool

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    what ?
    are you sure ?
    they look very legit to me
    its identical

if what are you saying is true, then if you got the real Diance , we will be able to transfer it via online whiteout problem

5. drfsupercenter
    OP

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    Yes I'm sure.
    I tried adding the Wonder Card from one of the Walmart events (Scizor or Garchomp, forget which I tried) and when I picked it up from the Pokémon center, the OT was 10123 - that's Torchic's OT, not the correct OT. So they obviously just hacked Torchic's wonder card to give you those Pokémon.

6. aos10

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    so, the pokemon we got from hacked wondercard can't be trade it
    but i can trade a pokemon from a legit wonder card ?
    i have legit Japanese inky ( happy hour ) got it from a friend

7. drfsupercenter
    OP

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    I'm not sure... you should be able to trade Garchomp and Scizor without a problem as those aren't legendaries or anything. But I'm pretty fussy about legitimacy so the fact they've been hacked is a huge turnoff.

Unless you're talking about the GTS, you won't be able to put any of them on the GTS as they have a ribbon preventing you from doing so.

8. aos10

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    i am talking about wonder trade
    as i can't wonder trade that diance or any other shiny locked pokemon
    i haven't tried any wonder card from powersave because i already have them all

BTW..according to serebii , there are new japan gift

i need that Tyranitar

9. MGS1980

MGS1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 27, 2014
    United States
    Actually the Garchomp and Torchic cards have been corrected. The others all generate the correct IDs. The only dead giveaway that it is a hack would be the region byte being off for the region locked events. That would require you to dump the raw pkx file and view it in PKHeX. However, now that Datel can alter the region byte, the only other way to tell a potential hack is to avoid the dates associated with the hacked events.

10. drfsupercenter
    OP

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    Ah, well when I tried it a week or two ago it was still wrong.

Either way, given the nature of how Datel does things, I don't exactly trust them for distributions when I want to get something legitimate. :P

So back to the topic at hand... does someone have a Japanese 3DS with a Gateway who can help? I can give you the mystery ticket code if you can. (It STARTS tomorrow but runs for several weeks so don't feel rushed)

11. drfsupercenter
    OP

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    Bump

gamefan5 likes this.
  12. hundshamer

hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Blacklisted Trader
    May 22, 2009
    United States
  13. MGS1980

MGS1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 27, 2014
    United States
    Perhaps you will get more hits if you put this in a trade forum since you are wanting a single pokemon, or you can just trade for one on a trade forum (if you have a regular 3DS that is.)

I've already traded for mine.

14. Dewdrops

Dewdrops GBAtemp Regular

Apr 20, 2014
    Malaysia
    I am getting a Japanese console, but it won't come until sometime later. If you are not in a rush and still couldn't find someone to help, I'll probably post again when I have everything ready. Otherwise, please let someone else help you.

15. drfsupercenter
    OP

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    I'm not actually trying to buy a Japanese 3DS.

I literally just need someone to do me a favor and upload the save when done - I'm sure others here will be able to use it as well.

The codes will be valid until the end of September, so there isn't a rush :)

16. Dewdrops

Dewdrops GBAtemp Regular

Apr 20, 2014
    Malaysia
    I left a message on conversation about something I was thinking about for this. Which might make it difficult for me to help you even with a Japanese console and GW.

17. bravest

bravest Member

Newcomer
    May 12, 2013
    Netherlands
    Its likely possible to patch the console to appear to be running Japanese firmware. Are you sure its locked to the console region and not the ROM region though?

-bravest

18. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    this might be possible in the future, if anyone spends the time to implement it, but at the moment it is not.
    the pokemon serial codes are locked to the rom region it seems, at least, it has nothing to do with the language you play the game in.
    at the moment, even if you were to play the japanese pokemon rom on a non japanese 3ds (by using gateway), it wouldn't be able to go online, so you would not be able to redeem the code.
    using gateway's classic mode... i think you can go online, so maybe it's possible using a japanese retail game and any 3ds... try it :)

so, you (the op), don't have a code, and you don't have a japanese 3ds, yet you are trying to set this up?
    don't worry about it, i'm sure it will get done.
    there are many people here, i'm certain there are quite a few people that use gateway with their japanese 3ds.

to extract wondercard data, we need to use the powersaves device, right?
    even though using gateway, i dumped my rom+save and was able to extract my .pkx files, i'm pretty sure at the moment, without powersaves, we cannot get the wondercard data, right?
    if we don't need powersaves, and you know exactly how to do it, then... i'll help if you want, i have a japanese console + gw... :)
    but i don't see how this will work.

19. SplashTOMATO

SplashTOMATO Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2009
    United States
    Hey, I've got a Japanese 4.5 console with gateway 2.1, just finished X in Japanese language on it recently. I haven't been able to upgrade the official firmware on it in order to access e-shop however, it keeps giving me an error when I'm trying to update (in GW mode of course). I've tried on at least 4 different days with the same error, so I just haven't been using the e-shop, but it plays all my games fine and I'm careful not to save in bad spots for Pokemon X (since I don't have the save-freeze patch).

Honestly, I'm wondering if there are any other JP console users with this problem and if there's a solution @.@ Or if there's just something on the JP nintendo side blocking the system from updating while it's on GW mode. I have a 2nd JP 3DS without gateway and it's fully updated to the latest official JP firmware, so I can't see what else would be a problem...

I assume the system would check if you have the latest firmware if you try to do wi-fi events, mm... XD;

Although... I've got retail Japanese Pokemon Y anyway (although I'm playing it in English), but yeah both of my 3DSes are Japanese region, so it could work anyway? As in get Darkrai on retail Pokemon Y and trade it over to the GW save. I be equipped for my various circumstances lol

20. Dewdrops

Dewdrops GBAtemp Regular

Apr 20, 2014
    Malaysia
    Could it be parental control settings?