Feedback Does anyone else miss when game consoles were designed like chonky bricks?

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
I hated those things, my first instinct after unboxing was to hide those Ps consoles of old on a lower shelf of the entertainment unit, but unfortunately could not do so coz of the need to provide adequate airflow for cooling.

Ps5 on the other hand demands to be placed on display as the center-piece of the entertainment unit, directly below the wall mounted Oled, I absolutely love Ps5's design and love that $ony kept the same aesthetics for the Ps5 'slim' re-design.
Post automatically merged:

What was Micro$oft thinking with the x-bone and x-bone X, that series looked like TV satellite/cable decoder set-top box thingy.

Last edited by HellGhast,

Quore

Racing Games Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
music.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I miss that era too

When you said "chonky bricks" the one that came to my mine is THE BIG FAT BOX

images (22).jpeg

Quore

Racing Games Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
music.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Best console of its era, hardware wise, but was also the first to die and be replaced by its successor (Xbox360), just 4 years after launch, if I remember correctly.
Og xbox - 2001
X360 - 2005

2001 -> 2005 = 4yrs

You're correct

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Best console of its era, hardware wise, but was also the first to die and be replaced by its successor (Xbox360), just 4 years after launch, if I remember correctly.
True, however it lived on the year after as a media and emulation power house.

What else could you plug in to your TV at the time that could play Divx / Xvid, region free DVD's, MP3's, stream internet radio and emulate most past consoles up to the PS1 / N64.

I think my OG Xbox got used pretty much every day until 2010 when moved over to an Intel Atom based Nettop PC so I could playback 720p / 1080p content.

Reactions: Dust2dust

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed