Does a rom with anti-piracy and english patches affect PAR?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by SybreTiger, Jan 20, 2010.

1. SybreTiger
    OP

Newcomer SybreTiger Member

United States
    I have Dragon Quest IX patched with the anti-piracy patch, and the English Menu patch, and have downloaded the latest USRCHEAT.dat files from cheats.gbatemp.net, which says it contain PAR codes for DQIX... yet it doesn't show up on my flashcard that I can use cheats for DQIX. All my other games give me the option to use cheats, but not DQIX.. I figured that because of two patches on the ROM, may have affected the Game ID. Is that my problem? Is there a way around it?

Thanks. [​IMG]

2. jojoj

Newcomer jojoj Member

United States
    yes use this to get the rom id http://projects.sappharad.com/tools/ardseditor.html u need java this is not the only program that checks the id there are many different ones. also you'll need the action replay code manager to edit the id or if u already have a program use that

3. SybreTiger
    OP

United States
    Ok, I've figured out what the game's current ID is, YDQJ 286951b8, but I can't figure out how to change the ID using Action Replay Code Manager.

4. SybreTiger
    OP

United States
    Well, I changed the game ID in the USRCHEAT.dat file itself from the original to YDQJ 286951b8, and the codes appear to be working...

Thanks for the help. =)

5. jojoj

Newcomer jojoj Member

United States
    [YW] sorry i couldn't help with the action replay code manager