Hacking Does 3.4 update really remove all CIOSCORP?

bdr9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I want to remove CIOSCORP from a Wii, but I have a question. People have told me that CIOSCORP will be removed if I update the Wii to 3.4. But my question is that there 21 IOSes in CIOSCORP. Does updating really remove every single one of them? And yes, I have used search, but I do not find any clear answer to this question. Thanks. And also, as a quick side question, does CIOSCORP stand for something? I know that CIOS means Custom IOS, but I don't know where the rest of that name came from.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
yes, 3.4 contains one of the biggest updates yet, it updates all IOS with a new one that doesnt contain the trucha bug, its a pretty solid update, but theres a bug somewhere apparently.

bdr9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
yes, 3.4 contains one of the biggest updates yet, it updates all IOS with a new one that doesnt contain the trucha bug, its a pretty solid update, but theres a bug somewhere apparently.
Thank you for the fast reply. When you say that there is a bug somewhere, though, can you be a little bit more specific? Do you mean that one or two IOSes don't get replaced?
QUOTE(robman62 @ Feb 20 2009, 02:07 PM) corp = group, team, organization....ala Jobcorps, Peacecorps
OK. Thank you.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did the cioscorp guys still don't release 2 uninstall packages for PAL and NTSC(*) with 3.2 IOS + trucha fixed IOS for the new IOS? This is needed as soon as nintendo releases a new update, and it would be nice if that was a small one and still calls itself "3.4".

*PS: Oh, you would only need 2 different packages or a package with optional components if it included a system menu too, in order to uninstall softmii/preloader too.

bdr9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Did the cioscorp guys still don't release 2 uninstall packages for PAL and NTSC(*) with 3.2 IOS + trucha fixed IOS for the new IOS? This is needed as soon as nintendo releases a new update, and it would be nice if that was a small one and still calls itself "3.4".

*PS: Oh, you would only need 2 different packages or a package with optional components if it included a system menu too, in order to uninstall softmii/preloader too.
Yeah it would be nice if there was something like that. I haven't ever seen anything like that. (obviously or I wouldn't have made the topic)

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
bdr9 said:
linkinworm said:
Thank you for the fast reply. When you say that there is a bug somewhere, though, can you be a little bit more specific? Do you mean that one or two IOSes don't get replaced?
QUOTE(robman62 @ Feb 20 2009, 02:07 PM) corp = group, team, organization....ala Jobcorps, Peacecorps
OK. Thank you.

sorry i dont know my self, only TT does i think and comix or someone else

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bdr9 said:
Hi. I want to remove CIOSCORP from a Wii, but I have a question. People have told me that CIOSCORP will be removed if I update the Wii to 3.4. But my question is that there 21 IOSes in CIOSCORP. Does updating really remove every single one of them? And yes, I have used search, but I do not find any clear answer to this question. Thanks. And also, as a quick side question, does CIOSCORP stand for something? I know that CIOS means Custom IOS, but I don't know where the rest of that name came from.

Why do you want to do that ???

You can do that by reformat your Wii. It will just removed them and you dont have to
update the Wii to do that.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Formatting doesn't remove System titles
but if you had all the Orginal Ios's you could just install them over top CIOSCORP wads, to replace\remove them
but updating works good also,
There has been some reported bugs though with updating no clue if there is any truth to it, Like Zelda stop working after updating, Never Has happen to me, but some have reported it?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
RockmanForte said:
bdr9 said:

Why do you want to do that ???

You can do that by reformat your Wii. It will just removed them and you dont have to
update the Wii to do that.

Formatting your Wii when you have trouble with IOS is just plain useless, i didn't hear from anybody that it solved a IOS issue. In fact formatting can fuck up your Wii if you have preloader and/or softmii installed!

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I wanted to remove softmii and completely install from scratch, just update to 3.4 and then downgrade to 3.2 is that correct.

I've been having a problem with my Wii reading the Disc then NOT reading the disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree"