Do you run an ad-blocking internet app (like Adblock for Firefox)?

Do you run an ad-blocking app that blocks banner and flash ads?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!

• Um... What's an ad-blocking app?

• Total voters

jeklnoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i tried opera once, but their adblock sucked compared to firefox. so i'm back on the fox now
tongue.gif

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Firefox + adblock +noscript for some pesky pop ups that ad block didn't take care of. Can't stand browsing without at least ad block.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mkoo said:
Opera with Ad Muncher. Ad Muncher blocks ads in every browser.

Ad Muncher works, but you've gotta pay for it. They also have methods of detecting cracked copies and will send you a threatening message trying to get you to buy their software.

I didn't think it was as easy to use as Adblock+, especially when it came to blocking stuff on-the-fly (like GBATemp signatures).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Firefox (usually current stable, firefox portable I tend to play around with betas).

Adblock+ with filterset G
noscript
greasemonkey (many around here were raving about it so I gave it a spin and it is good enough to stay for me, I do not have many scripts though)
flashblock (adblock seems to be as good in the last few versions so I actually tend to leave this out not to mention I am about to forgo flash entirely)
That and disabling java, most of javascript in the first place, having a rather large hosts file with choice sites in and opendns usually takes care of most things.

I then have a few web developers tools for the really nasty stuff but most of the time it is there because I am wanting to be immature (e.g. making my friends list say you have no friends instead of there are no friends to display). Firebug is my main one here.

noscript can occasionally make it a bit like the time I turned activex to "prompt" in IE but it is worth it (were I to be a bit more trusting or use it only to block rather than block everything and I choose to allow stuff it would be smooth sailing though).

End result: not an advert in sight and most sites look/function how I would want them to, some people accuse me of misdeeds and robbing small sites of revenue but my screens, my rules applies here. "Revenue" will appear if I deem it necessary.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for disrupting your childish shenanigans. I just use the pop-up blocker that comes with firefox (on by default.

Penis.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Eighted
tongue.gif

With Firefox and Adblock plus... no ads at all. It is the ultimate solution IMO.
Except it might be too agressive sometimes, it blocks stuff that it shouldn't. But it only happens like once a year, so meh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny