Do you play your handheld on public transport?

Do you play your handheld on public transport?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• Why should I tell you?

• You crazy?! I'll get mugged!

• It's uncool to be seen playing a handheld.

• Total voters

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not in public transport (as I get dizzy
ohmy.gif
) but always in public. I bring my DS lite everywhere. Usually playing at a coffee shop or something.

Coffee Shop?
Dibujo.gif
Oh La La!
rofl2.gif

Why is being Dutch always connected to weed?
tongue.gif

Anyways... I did it just half an hour ago (gaming in public transport, not smoking weed
lecture.gif
). Playing Pokémon Mystery Dungeon DS in public isn't something I feel ashamed of ^^
Okay... then I'll associate Dutch people with the windmills... yes.... and the clogs. Clogs clogs clogs.

fischju_original

I used to be a jerk before i got banned
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.dpgdownloads.com
XP
Country
United States
my ds goes with me everywhere i go, it is always in my pocket (and i have a SC so bah to you who says it might break) I've gone through 3 ds'es and am on my 4th, but i dont care (same SC!)

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope; I prefer listening to music, staring out of the window and just drifting away
smile.gif
If I had to do an hour trip every day I'd consider it, but only if it was a social/ recreational trip. Call me weird but I really can't see myself playing on the way to work. (that and I tend to swear colourfully when I get stuck, would get some odd looks) The one time I tried was on a 2-3 hour night coach trip from Southampton to London. Piss poor coach lighting + old style GBA = muchos eye stain. So that didn't last long.
I`ve always wondered how the people can read, eat and now play on the toilet, it´s hard!
I've always wondered why anyone would want to
unsure.gif

[Edit] Holy f'k that's a lot of emoticons! *edits to prevent the little yellow people from taking over the world*

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In general I always bring it with me, even if I'm not sure if I'd play it or not. I do play it every day on the bus going/leaving school. The only time I was afraid to take it out was during my first trip to Social Security over here. With all the rules and cops around I was afraid of getting shot...

kingeightsix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i don't have a ds... i don't really like it out in the open, either. it's too big, which is why i stick to my gameboy micro & my g6 lite (4g). i used to have a micro with ez flash 2 (powerstar) but then i lost it at a karaoke... yes, a karoke. i'm a 20 year old virgin LOL i'm kidding but i do tend to carry my micro everywhere i go even though it is pretty odd for me to be playing games while i'm outside, especially at the places i'll be... in the club, at a restaurant... i normally drive so you won't catch me playing during the red stop lights. i play usually on my bed, in the john, at my girlfriend's house or while waiting for the doctor or any appointment. the other thing about the micro is, even if you pull it out, you don't get many looks at all. people just recognize it as a portable gaming system and turn away when you peep at them in between games. also, the micro's small, so it doesn't draw any attention... and i like it that way.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
I have been known to, but I'm usually talking with friends or listening to music (this is on public transportation). Since the only time I usually take public transportation is getting to college (which will most likely be the last year I do so, seen as on my 3rd year of Uni I actually move into the Uni, which is only like 10 mins away) I can't say I'd do it on public transportation a lot.

I might do it if I'm in a car (passenger, not driver XD). I play on my mobile phone a lot in public (I would definitely consider my phone a handheld games device, trust me
wink.gif
) just to pass the time away. Although, I have been known to go all out and actually try to beat high scores and stuff while at home.

skywarp

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
I will in say, an airport/plane, a long bus ride, or something similar, but I would never use it on the subway, or in a bus-station, basically any place you are liable to get mugged.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I have occasionally played on a handheld outside but probably never on a bus. There's just too much inconvinience

Phasher99

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I play my DS or PSP usually on the bus or train when i'm alone. When i'm going to school I don't bring it with me or take it out because im afraid of it getting stolen, especially by other students =p Bleh. Subway rides are long and noisy in NYC. I usually take it out and play for about 40 minutes on my rides from Brooklyn to Manhattan. I rarely take the bus though.

I'm not afraid of bringing out my old 256mb muVO mp3 player tho
tongue.gif

Sometimes I use both...

trevbreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I play my DSL on the train quite often.

Because its only 14 minutes from my station to the city I usually only play every now and again simply because its too short a period to get into any of my games.

Often i'll just listen to my iPod instead.

bullet007

Trophies
XP
Country
I use my DS Lite (with the M3 Slim SD sticking out!) on the bus to and from school (its not one of those yellow school buses, but one of those city buses, and only buisness-people travel on it, so I wont get mugged).

I even take my DSL out during some classes (like Study Hall and Java) and play it) and I won't get mugged (the kids at my school are to "civilized" for that LOL!)

corbs132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because they are like "how old are you? gameboys are completely 3rd grade". (as they stare into my beautiful ds lite.

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll take my DS out anywhere, at the bar, at a party, or just hanging out at a friend's house. I'm 24 and nobody really gives a shit, at bars they have pool, darts, foosball, touch screen bar games, arcade games, I just happen to bring my DS lite, everyone else is playing games, it's not big deal to have your own game playing machine.

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YESSSS NYC IN THE HOUSE!!!!!

Subway rides ARE noisy and it's no use playing DS if the train is crazy crowded or even if you don't have a seat. Umm getting mugged is always at the back of my mind, so I prefer playing on a bus. I'm 17 and have no qualms. Don't care.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
QUOTE said:
Hehe sounds like they're just jealous. Tell 'em you can do more than play games on a DS. I'm in my late 20's and still playÂ
cool.gif

Absolutely, when some MF put me on a retirement home I´ll demand a SNES, a Wii -if I can use it- and a Dreamcast 2
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!