Do you play only one game at once or several games?

Do you play only one game at once or several games?

• Total voters

Keylogger

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
When you are playing, do you play only one game until you finish it? Or several games at a time?

I like playing only 1 game at once until I finish it (Playing Zelda WWHD atm)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think that at some time in my life I multitasked Minecraft and something on DS ;)

But as far as the non-literal question goes, I have no problem having a two digit number of in-progress games - after all, that's why they invented saves, isn't it?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When you are playing, do you play only one game until you finish it? Or several games at a time?

I like playing only 1 game at once until I finish it (Playing Zelda WWHD atm)
Depends on the type of game really.

If it's a jrpg then I will only play that

If it's a platformer then I will probably be playing another platformer or puzzle game.

Ect ect.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

3-4 games on DIFFERENT times.

Actual:

near daily - Skyrim PC
1-2 times in the month Shadow of hte Tomb Raider because of the proceeding DLCs
1 times every 2 weeks F1 2018 an single grand prix.
Mario Kart DS with my wife when she got pleasure to play usual 1-2 in a week

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like shoot-em 'ups, but I'm not particularly great at them. So, I'll often play a whole variety of them without some deep intention of finishing them. Usually, though, I'll have one or two games I'll focus on specifically if not to finish to at least make substantial progress on. Really, it comes down to just how addictive a certain game is for my attention and if I get bored enough to stop playing it. This doesn't include smaller time wasters (Net and Slant).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It may have been that I was primarily occupied with one game at one point but normally I make no such distinction, and never really have -- most games from the C64 on up through maybe the Dreamcast it would be a rare thing to have one game that could occupy my attention for days on end, and even then we had local multiplayer to be getting on with. If I see a game I think I will like and can afford I have never said to myself "oh I already have a game on the go, will get it later" and can't really fathom that approach.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a rule when I was younger. In order for me to get a new game, I must beat the current game. That flew out the window when I got a job. I play 8ball pool and words with friends regularly. Console gaming is done on weekends. Kirby, Mario kart, Ray man. usually depends also on if I can secure a spot at the tv or not.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I don't have any set preference really, just depends on the mood I'm in. If I'm focusing on just one game only, it's usually one I've been hyped for and looking forward to, one I don't mind endlessly playing throughout the day when I have the time. Now is a good example, as I've been playing just Sekiro since it's launched as I've been super hyped for the game, haven't touched anything else so far.

But if I'm playing older titles or more casual stuff, I'll usually play through a few different games at once. Last week I was playing Satisfactory, Factorio, a bit of Dwarf Fortress, Link's Awakening DX and dabbled a bit in Skies of Arcadia on my Dreamcast as well.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I like to play only one game at the time. I rarely do.

But it depends a lot on what and why I play. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is one of those games that I'm playing a lot, and then I take a break and play other stuff, and then come back to again. It's so big and long, that I don't mind that.

Shorter games, I like to play in one go, without interrupting them with other games. But I can rarely focus that hard ;)

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
everyone should learn to play one game at a time as most time if dont youl never finish games and get satisfaction from it plus may forget some moves quests etc and youl get frustrated and never return to it

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I play all sorts of games at the same time (well...in the same time period. Not literally 'at the same time'). Let's see...I currently play the following:

Gänz Schon Clever
Istanbul
Race for the galaxy
Hardback
Dinto
Evo explores
Evoland 2
Tangledeep

Take note: while all these games are fairly good on their own terms, they are (with the last 2 as exceptions) short games. The first 5 are apps that simulate board games. Games last about 5-20 minutes. Evo explores is a monument valley clone, with short puzzly levels. Therefore: not 'short' per se, but can be picked up and played easily. Tangledeep is a roguelike. Play a round or two, you die, you go back to base. So while on PC, it mimicks some elements of mobile games.

Evoland 2 is probably the only game that falls within the definition of "a real game" for most voters here. It certainly does require some memory, investment in the story and so on. But even so, it often changes styles a lot, so I don't bother too much with it.

TL;DR: it depends on the kind of game.

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most of the time I’ve got at least one game on each of my systems on the go. The one exception in recent memory is Breath of the Wild. Played that shit for ages without touching another game.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I used to force myself to play only one at a time, in order to encourage to complete them more quickly so I can play the next one.
when I was playing too many at once I ended never completing any.

it worked fine for few years, but in 2017 I played only ONE game for 12 months ! (zelda botw) and I still haven't completed it.
I decided to drop playing only one game at a time because I missed the occasion to play lot of short games (10-20h) while still playing zelda.
I miss so much time to play, I can't focus on single game anymore. (I'm not even at 200H at zelda, after 1.5 years of playing it)

Now, I try to play only one "story game" at a time, but I play more at once, like racing or snowboarding, puzzle, etc.
I'm playing ni no kuni (only at 20h after 3 months), Steep, wipeout omega, just tried the witness this month.

Last edited by Cyan,

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I used to force myself to play only one at a time, in order to encourage to complete them more quickly so I can play the next one.
when I was playing too many at once I ended never completing any.

it worked fine for few years, but in 2017 I played only ONE game for 12 months ! (zelda botw) and I still haven't completed it.
I decided to drop playing only one game at a time because I missed the occasion to play lot of short games (10-20h) while still playing zelda.
I miss so much time to play, I can't focus on single game anymore. (I'm not even at 200H at zelda, after 1.5 years of playing it)

Now, I try to play only one "story game" at a time, but I play more at once, like racing or snowboarding, puzzle, etc.
I'm playing ni no kuni (only at 20h after 3 months), Steep, wipeout omega, just tried the witness this month.
Yeh zelda botw has some tough puzzles especially the rotation sections try and complete it before links awakening comes out:lol:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeh zelda botw has some tough puzzles especially the rotation sections try and complete it before links awakening comes out:lol:
I completed all puzzles, all shrines and quests without a guide. the only thing I didn't complete is the sword power leveling quest (too hard). I installed the new story DLC but didn't played it yet. I didn't beat ganon yet, but I could, just didn't want to complete the game before 100%'d it.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Two at a time.
One long and complex one (usually an rpg) and one more lite and easy to play.

I don't consider online or party games though, as you can pick those up whenever you feel like.

Currently playing tales of vesperia definitive edition and dead space with some hours of overwatch in between.

Last edited by Sakitoshi,

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I completed all puzzles, all shrines and quests without a guide. the only thing I didn't complete is the sword power leveling quest (too hard). I installed the new story DLC but didn't played it yet. I didn't beat ganon yet, but I could, just didn't want to complete the game before 100%'d it.

Yeah I know how you feel, after ploughing hundreds of hours into BOTW, I've still not completed the Trial of the Sword....... Damn thing.

Reactions: Cyan

D4X

Ultra 64
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I find as I get older I tend to focus on one game at a time, where as when I was little I would play lots, but at the moment I'm playing three and loving it. Sharing my time between Sekiro, Yakuza 0 and a replay of Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ZQhiwti-pK0?si=LTqU_S8Xm2fYnlQg