Hacking Do you have "Modder's ADD" with your Modded Wii?

Do you have "Modder's ADD" with your Modded Wii?

• Yes, the ability to play any game keeps me from finishing great titles.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I manage to focus on playing through great games still.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

link459

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I played MP3 for about 2 hours and.. it kicked in.

I just CANT play games anymore.

I'm actually considering getting rid of my chip and getting games again.

mooyah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nope.. well kind of. I've no probs getting through the great games but there is a lot of very average stuff out there which is can be fun for a while but not really worth the time to finish. Also the Wii has all the mini game stuff on it.. how do you finish something like Wii Sports?

zonnikku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There aren't really enough good Wii titles yet to have Modder's ADD. XD

If you have a modded PS2 though... it gets pretty bad. With hundreds of great games to play, and only so much time, you will eventually burn so many games you'll become a packrat (someone who has a bunch of things but never uses them).

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've got real ADD so I'd imagine I would have this problem
tongue.gif

(I have the inattentive-type add, not the hyperactive crazy one)

Same here. ^^

Never played through Zelda for Wii.
frown.gif

But for GBA!
biggrin.gif

I would say if a game keeps being interesting then I play it through but if it always stays the same and is long then probably I won't finish it.
frown.gif

Also my Wii is not modded. *sniff*

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Not too sure if it's 'Modder's ADD', but yes I do get quite bored of games very quickly. I'll get 'em, make awesome cases and labels, put em on the shelf... and out of 25 games only finish 1 of them.

I've found though that the real problem is since I've been playing video games for 20 years, nothing excites me anymore. I can't stick to a game and finish it simply because I've played it all before. Even with newer games, it's all been done...

Although, when I first tried DDR, I was addicted. It was new, fresh, and fun. Then I got Karaoke Revolution, and Guitar Hero... Those were fun! New controllers, new gameplay. Hell, I'm still addicted to Guitar Hero. No game has ever held my attention for 2 years. I'm psyched now for GH3 and Rock Band. However, not for any other games. Smash Bros looks great, but I'm having a hard time getting pumped for it, because I've played SSMB overkill, and gotten bored. *sigh*

@zonnikku: Totally me
smile.gif
300 PS2 games, only finished 1: Katamari Damacy
tongue.gif

webjedi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Modders CGDP... Collect Games Don't Play.

I have collected dozens of games - put them in their pretty cases and on inkjet glossy DVDs. I'll pop 90% in the Wii just to be sure they work - see start screen and click start... then pop out and put in case... never to be touched again. Someday maybe I'll retire and actually have time to play these things.
laugh.gif

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES. I have it with my PSP, DS, Wii, and DC. I have yet to finish a full PSP, DC, or GCN game.

zonnikku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@zonnikku: Totally me
smile.gif
300 PS2 games, only finished 1: Katamari Damacy
tongue.gif

Wow, that's even more than I have (only 120 games).
rofl2.gif

I'm becoming a real packrat these days. It's like a never-ending cycle of downloading games and never playing them/beating them, thus leaving a huge backlog of things I will probably never play, because this cycle will just go on forever...

Sometimes I think buying games is actually a good thing, just to prevent having a backlog, but... well, I'm cheap.
dry.gif

D

Deleted User

I have Modders CGDP... Collect Games Don't Play.
Yes, that's more like it--and my Wii isn't even modded.

I'm becoming a real packrat these days. It's like a never-ending cycle of downloading games and never playing them/beating them, thus leaving a huge backlog of things I will probably never play, because this cycle will just go on forever...

Sometimes I think buying games is actually a good thing, just to prevent having a backlog, but... well, I'm cheap.Â
dry.gif
I've been in this cycle for a long long time now, not with PS2 games though, but many other systems but my guess is there are still people out there that downloaded even more games than I did.
mellow.gif

Buying the games won't do the trick for me. I've got quite a few originals (IGN list [almost complete]) and I haven't played through most of them. Maybe I just suck at gaming.
tongue.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm getting a modded Wii but i don't think i'll be able to get Modder's ADD because i can only download 12GB a monthÂ
cry.gif

i also only get 12GB a month during 12pm-12am, so i have to stick to about one or 2 a month:(

Wow... You guys really suck
tongue.gif
I get unlimited bandwidth from my newsgroup server, and 100GB/month from Rogers. I never come close to using it, because there isn't 100GB worth of good stuff coming out in a month for my PSP and Wii.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm getting a modded Wii but i don't think i'll be able to get Modder's ADD because i can only download 12GB a monthÂ
cry.gif

i also only get 12GB a month during 12pm-12am, so i have to stick to about one or 2 a month:(

Wow... You guys really suck
tongue.gif
I get unlimited bandwidth from my newsgroup server, and 100GB/month from Rogers. I never come close to using it, because there isn't 100GB worth of good stuff coming out in a month for my PSP and Wii.

We all live in Australia. Our broadband internet isn't anything special over here, I've got 25gb per month and that's expensive enough as is

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the...