Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know gbatemp has reviews why don't you have a user video game rating system plugin, 1 to 5 stars. You have a large enough user base where it might garner useful results
Reviews go from 0 to 10 on all reviews. Or do you mean some kind of aggregation of review scores for reviews of the same game?

TheZander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reviews go from 0 to 10 on all reviews. Or do you mean some kind of aggregation of review scores for reviews of the same game?
Not so much full reviews but just a simple user game rating system. Like metacritic or something similar to that. So a list of every game, or a game with at least one rating. Then just collect star ratings on nothing but the game title.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not so much full reviews but just a simple user game rating system. Like metacritic or something similar to that. So a list of every game, or a game with at least one rating. Then just collect star ratings on nothing but the game title.
We don't have anything like that. I personally think numbers without reason are useless, but that's just me I suppose. A recommendation system would be neat, but it also seems like it'd be a lot of effort for something not really requested.

TheZander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We don't have anything like that. I personally think numbers without reason are useless, but that's just me I suppose. A recommendation system would be neat, but it also seems like it'd be a lot of effort for something not really requested.
It should be a common feature if a plug in like this exist to leave a little comment as well if the person feels like it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You have a large enough user base where it might garner useful results

I am also dubious of the merits of scores in general, never mind drive by scoring. While I would not oppose such a thing I would say people are free to post their own reviews, have been since the start.

That said
In before we 7/10 a "popular" or popular property (see also the reviews of Zelda, Pokemon and Youkai Watch) and end up review bombed.

Reactions: The Catboy

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am not against the idea, but never been a big fan of adding scores to reviews. If Breath of the Wild has shown anything, it doesn't matter what the review says, people only care about the score. It also showed that people were willing to bully anyone who's score they didn't like if that score didn't match their idea of what the score should have been. This is something I am actually worried will happen to users who post their own review scores for games and people will only end up posting fake scores due to peer pressure.

TheZander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ratings can be useful. I carry no deep analysis of people's video game rating habits and to why they are not trustworthy. But seeing how something like this is in part of a larger revamp there's no reason to think it will be a new module any time soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Well maybe lol