Gaming Do You get ROMs From only "Your" Region?

Kitomaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nah, I get games from all the regions. We can't let the Japanese get all the fun
laugh.gif

Especially games like Jump! Superstars and Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!
yaynds.gif

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i don't care if its american or european. though i obviously can't read japanese, but if there's an eng patch for it, i'll get it.

note: this is all hypothetical because i don't dl roms. none of us do, right?

Sui77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really care, as long as it's in English. Of course, there's some Japanese games as well, but very few.. mostly some puzzle games or something.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Even my original DS games aren't all European. Most of them are, but I've also got the Japanese Phoenix Wright-trilogy and the American version of Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney.

Normally, I get the European version if I have the choice. If the US version is released a long time before the European I just get that one. I rarely play Japanese games, unless they have an English translation (Phoenix Wright) or if they probably will not be released in the US of Europe anyway (Rhythm Tengoku Gold). That last one is actually a bad example, because Rhythm Heaven will be released next month.

For Wii games, I pick the PAL version unless it takes really long before it will be released. For example, I couldn't wait with Sonic Unleashed. I've also grabbed a Japanese game once, which was Wii Music.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For new games, I usually get the first English language version to be released whether it be (U) or (E). If a ROM has already been released in both territories I will go for the (E) version.

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Even though i live in Australia i tend to go with (U) American roms instead of (E) europe ones i dont know why i just do

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If it's been released and both versions are out, I get the latest version. This one might have bugfixes or something, especially if there was a massive delay between release of U and E, one too big to just be translation.

I grab the first English version that comes out otherwise.

Hypothetically.

d3co

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Actually I only play E versions. I wait until it's released and play it.. If there is no E version I don't play it..

votethedead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope.
I speak english so USA roms or Eoropean roms, both do the work.
But as an original anime-manga maniac I've played some Japanese-only roms such as:
Bleach The 3rd Phantom
Jump Super Stars
Jump Ultimate Stars (recomended)
yaynds.gif

One Piece Gear Spirit

votethedead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope.
I speak english so USA roms or Eoropean roms, both do the work.
But as an original anime-manga maniac I've played some Japanese-only roms such as:
Bleach The 3rd Phantom
Jump Super Stars
Jump Ultimate Stars (recomended)
yaynds.gif

One Piece Gear Spirit

DaRealChrono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm from the US so why should I rip off the Europeans?
nyanya.gif

I usually would only get (U) releases, it would be just a habit I guess...I would have some (J) games though, such as the Jump games.

All hypothetically speaking of course, or should I say typing?
huh.gif

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the game has a (U) version, I get it to spare myself the multi-language menu select screen seen in most (E) or multi-language titles, yes.

Tozarian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I usually get whatever is dumped first (U) or (E) and the occasional (J) game that has a translation or doesnt matter about language.

Rand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My 'region' is Canada so seldom is there going to be a release specific to here. They'll sell the US release here.
Typically I pick up whatever is most convenient be it the US or European release, if one or the other offers a Spanish language option then I'll grab it... just because I'm attempting to learn it.

Ishidori

Trophies
XP
Country
Usually i play E release, but all my life i was playing us version and i can read english without big problem so if the US version come out some week before the E release i play the US. Or if an action game where you don't be force to read often for get the plot.

Personally i think play game in your own language is better to understand it, however for those like me, play US version can help you to improv eyour english n_n.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: