Gaming Do You get ROMs From only "Your" Region?

Exbaddude

The Prince.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
For example, If you lived in America, You only get games that are (U).

I get games from all regions. Sometimes, it's released in the other regions first.

The question is, Do you get games from only "Your" region?

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
Since Australia does not really fit into any of the main regions (J/U/E), it's a little hard. I do realise most Australian games are the E region but I still tend to go for U since they're generally smaller.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
I try to get the "home" versions of games, so far as they are in English. So if a game is from Europe (like Rare games, etc.) I get that version, if it's from North America, I get the US release. With Japanese releases, I usually get the US release (unless it's Japan-only). This is really a holdover from consoles, where I prefer to get the native TV standard (PAL for Euro games, NTSC for Japanese/American games).

pieman202

Trophies
XP
Country
well i get my games from whichever region releases it first unless its japanese...
but it just annoys me when i see ppl waiting for the american releases when the same game just got released in the EUR region =="

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
When I have the choice to choose between an (E) version and an (U) version I usually go for the (U) one seeing as English is the only language I'm going to use and not any of the other European languages.

If it's a Japanese game though there's only one choice, isn't there?
wink.gif

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I get the US version, unless there's a E Version. Only games i prefer E version is if the game has WI-Fi, since it's easier to play with people in my won region, to avoid lag etc.

And ofc, there is some (J) only games aswell, if it they don't come out in English.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as a game has an English option, I don't care what region they are from. I don't play online, so regions don't matter to me.

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I tend to grab US releases, unless A) An EUR game comes out first, or it's an EUR exclusive game or B) It's a JPN game with English in it (for example, I still have the JPN Chrono Trigger rom, even though it's been released in US and EUR.)

eltrut

Trophies
XP
Country
I mostly grab whatever is first (excepting (J) games) but if i have a choice i get the (E) games because A. I'm not American so some of the language differences annoy me and B. the saves are more compatile with games I can buy here.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I occasionally use (J) to check out the game when other versions aren't out yet or when there are significant differences such as elite beat agents. It doesn't matter whether I use (E) or (U) since I don't play online. However I mostly use (U) because they are released ahead of (E).

Mimoy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Most of the time I do get US roms, because I live in Canada. Exceptions are if I'm really eager to get a game that isn't released in North America yet but it is released in Europe and if it's an exclusive game to maybe Japan.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: