• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Do you feel the USA is better now than it was 22 years ago?

Are things getting better or worse for the "Greatest Country in the World"?

• Better

• Worse

• It's a mixed bag and very complicated and while I think some things have declined we do also have...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ruh oh. Someone woke up triggered, again. Do you enjoy being incredibly angry the first thing when you wake up every day? I can't believe that's a healthy thing mentally or physically.

Not going to comment on the majority of flat out lies you're telling, again, but I will comment on your continual "more intelligent than you" attitude. Always acting towards others like you have some super Google and reading skills that are unparalled to anyone that disagrees with you. Well. Here's some more actual facts for you because you're full of shit as usual:

Regarding the comment to @Dakitten, "I guarantee if you read more and commented less, you'd be a lot less angry on here because you would be able to understand these concepts that seem to be eluding you".

TraderPAtTX:

DaKitten:

So while you just might be THE best Googler in the world with your search engine super sluthing skills, it seems your reading, fact checking, and math are all pure shit. I guess you're pretty good at deplorable tactics too. Things like blaming others for the exact things you're doing yourself. Try to keep up, lil fella. MIght want to fact check next time before making yourself look stupid in public, again.

More flat out lies from you. 1. A mass shooting was 100% NOT prevented. Fact. There's nothing to even debate. You're wrong. Again. 2. Your stupid shit about "If Indiana had the gun laws you fantasize about, dozens would have died there." is nothing but complete whataboutism. Another deplorable tactic you seem to be good at. Not to mention you're acting like the armed citizen whipped out an AR-15 to take care of the guy. No ones trying to disarm everyone from legally carrying a pistol. Just more fake deplorable news from you, along with more rants of "I'm more intelligent than you! You need to Google and read more!!!" LMFAO! Apparently you forgot to read what the definition of a mass shooting is, and also forgot to read the actual article regarding the shooting that would have shown you that it was in fact a mass shooting. Yet here you are with "A mass shooting was prevented" right before "In the future, read more, comment less and and you won't make such dumb comments."

You're a liar and a hypocrite.
Looks like I struck a nerve. Are you ok?

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great. Still way more mass shootings than any other first world country.

False dilemma.

Also, "suddenly" not caring about the "right to life", when it comes to the Ukrainians.
Many factors go into that. A fair comparison would be per capita. Regardless, the only "solution" the left is programmed to accept is gun confiscation, which is unconstitutional.

You're not very good at turning a topic back on somebody else. It is not a false dilemma. You can tax everybody making $100k+/year 100% of their earnings and you would still not have enough to pay for what we currently pay for plus universal healthcare. Then what are you going to do for the second year, because people are not going to accept the government taking all of their money.

Once again, the left does not have any long term solutions, only slogans.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except the left constantly forgets or is unaware that Fascism was created by the left. I know my source will be attacked, that's a given. Anything that shines a light on the liberals lies will be attacked.

https://www.prageru.com/video/is-fascism-right-or-left

Maybe they will drop the bias and learn something for once? Probably not though.
It's because the left equates fascism with nationalism. They don't understand that not all nationalists are fascists, but all fascists are nationalists. Prime Minister Abe of Japan was a nationalist, yet nobody called him a fascist because that would be too stupid, even for the left since his party just won a majority in the recent elections there.

Hey lefties, are the majority of Japanese citizens fascist now?

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
Did Prime Minister Abe of Japan do a coup attempt because they lost the election? No?
Did the Prime Minister continue to be racists towards others, and blame everything on that set of people. No?
Did The prime minister continue to push lies about the election, even though thier lawyers, their friends, and their own government telling them that the election wasn't stolen, and continue to do it anyways? No?
Did the prime minster, say that "maybe he deserves it" when his officials contacted him, telling him that the people HE SENT at their capital, are threatening to hang one of the officials there? NO?
Then how about you stop trying to smear. Because the prime minster fills NONE (to my knowledge) of those boxes.

Reactions: Dark_Ansem

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's because the left equates fascism with nationalism. They don't understand that not all nationalists are fascists, but all fascists are nationalists. Prime Minister Abe of Japan was a nationalist, yet nobody called him a fascist because that would be too stupid, even for the left since his party just won a majority in the recent elections there.

I can attempt to answer that living here in Japan, but I'm not THAT big on Japan politics. Easy answer is, no. Japan is not a fascist country. Before WW2, definitely. But not anymore. Nobody shows autocratic tendencies, as the number of overly head-strong leaders who would attempt to be that way is low. If they tried, they'd be immediately shamed by everyone around them.

There is a party which is to the extreme right and very nationalistic, but they basically have no power. They're really annoying in their black vans pumping out pro-Japanese propaganda from loud speakers though. If they ever got into power, there's a chance they'd show fascist tendencies to stay there, but that won't happen.

Trump on the other hand was absolutely and without a doubt a fascist. History books will be written that way, as the evidence and his own words paint him in that light. He put people in power that he thought would remain loyal to his desires. He openly lamented about how other dictators got anything they wanted.

He wasn't a nationalist himself, but he used nationalism and religion as a tools to further his goals of acquiring power. He doesn't care about the country, just himself. If a different country came forward and asked him to be the undisputed leader there, he'd jump at the chance.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You´d have a bigger audience than on discord.
What does it matter for your debate if it is also used for bad debates?
If you only want to go on a platform you like, your opponent could disagree for the same reason.
The moderation is minimal (as you have alluded to) and not biased. Isn´t that all you can ask for since you challenged sb to a debate?
Sounds like "Hey, let´s have a boxing match, you coward! But the referee better like my outfit or I am not doing it!"
The point was a debate? Why would I give a fuck about platform LOL

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can attempt to answer that living here in Japan, but I'm not THAT big on Japan politics. Easy answer is, no. Japan is not a fascist country. Before WW2, definitely. But not anymore. Nobody shows autocratic tendencies, as the number of overly head-strong leaders who would attempt to be that way is low. If they tried, they'd be immediately shamed by everyone around them.

There is a party which is to the extreme right and very nationalistic, but they basically have no power. They're really annoying in their black vans pumping out pro-Japanese propaganda from loud speakers though. If they ever got into power, there's a chance they'd show fascist tendencies to stay there, but that won't happen.

Trump on the other hand was absolutely and without a doubt a fascist. History books will be written that way, as the evidence and his own words paint him in that light. He put people in power that he thought would remain loyal to his desires. He openly lamented about how other dictators got anything they wanted.

He wasn't a nationalist himself, but he used nationalism and religion as a tools to further his goals of acquiring power. He doesn't care about the country, just himself. If a different country came forward and asked him to be the undisputed leader there, he'd jump at the chance.
Pumping out pro-Japanese propaganda, in Japan? Oh the horror.

I never mentioned the bad orange man, but your emotionally damaged opinion is duly noted.

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Viewing from the outside, US is definitely going down the shitter. The entire time it's being flushed, people will be too busy pointing fingers at each other than bother to fix the problems.

Here's an interesting thing that I've noticed on TV in Japan. The news is actually looking into the reason the assassin of Abe did what he did. They're going into his family history and seeing how his mother and uncle were both indoctrinated into a cult, and his brother and father both committed suicide. The government is looking into the insane donations the mother made to the cult, and how it ruined the family, and ultimately lead to the death of Abe. If we're lucky, we'll see some laws passed so that this kind of thing will never happen again.

People watching the news about this guy actually feel sympathy for him!!! Can you imagine that in the US? Some guy goes on a shooting spree in a mall, and you look into the reasons and do something to make sure it doesn't happen again? Not a damn chance! After ever damn shooting, it just gets swept under the rug, and people stop caring.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You proably expect this, but he's likely not going to debate, he's probably a coward like the rest. Too scared to do a debate, but will talk trash all day on a political form.
I'm not going to debate a topic that I care nothing about. I'm also not going to debate someone who has used emotions to further their argument. If you can't present a coherent argument here, why would I want to read your incoherent arguments on a different platform?

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
Viewing from the outside, US is definitely going down the shitter. The entire time it's being flushed, people will be too busy pointing fingers at each other than bother to fix the problems.
I agree with pretty much everything you said. I'm just hoping that people actually realize the real issues
(which is semi happening, the more the Republican party overreaches, the more it becomes obvious were dealing with fascism)
Some people are waking up to it. It's just a lot of people are beaten and tired from their work lives, we're extremely disconnected and fragmented within our own communities. It creates a pretty strong sense of either dread, or apathy. Or mix.

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Pumping out pro-Japanese propaganda, in Japan? Oh the horror.

I never mentioned the bad orange man, but your emotionally damaged opinion is duly noted.
It's not just pro-Japanese propaganda. It's anti-foreigner as well. I've known a foreigner that gave them the finger when they passed by, and they got out and attacked him. Pretty fascist tendencies. But the population is shrinking, and the country will be begging for people to come in in the next decade or two.

For Trump, I just had to put in an obvious example based on the topic of this room. The US is failing, and the tendencies of gravitating to authoritarian figures doesn't help.

alt_Human

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you never made a point, I didn't see a reason to waste my time addressing them.

Yup. Completely tapped out. You proved nothing, moved the goal posts several times, told several flat out lies, spouted hypocrisy, then ran away with your tail between your legs when confronted with it all. Of course you don't see any reason. Why would you continue when you've been proven to be full of shit over and over? You don't see a reason becasue you don't have anything of value left to defend yourself and your fake news claims.

Now that that's finished, I can put you on the ignore list.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Here's an interesting thing that I've noticed on TV in Japan. The news is actually looking into the reason the assassin of Abe did what he did. They're going into his family history and seeing how his mother and uncle were both indoctrinated into a cult, and his brother and father both committed suicide. The government is looking into the insane donations the mother made to the cult, and how it ruined the family, and ultimately lead to the death of Abe. If we're lucky, we'll see some laws passed so that this kind of thing will never happen again.

People watching the news about this guy actually feel sympathy for him!!! Can you imagine that in the US? Some guy goes on a shooting spree in a mall, and you look into the reasons and do something to make sure it doesn't happen again? Not a damn chance! After ever damn shooting, it just gets swept under the rug, and people stop caring.
Some guy did try to go on a shooting spree in a mall. He was stopped by a CCW permit holder. Criminals do not care about laws. It's why they are criminals. The criminal who shot Abe knew that guns are banned in Japan, yet he still built one himself. The only thing criminals fear are armed law abiding citizens.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not just pro-Japanese propaganda. It's anti-foreigner as well. I've known a foreigner that gave them the finger when they passed by, and they got out and attacked him. Pretty fascist tendencies. But the population is shrinking, and the country will be begging for people to come in in the next decade or two.

For Trump, I just had to put in an obvious example based on the topic of this room. The US is failing, and the tendencies of gravitating to authoritarian figures doesn't help.
The US is not failing. The corruption of the elites is being exposed to the world.

• Haha

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with pretty much everything you said. I'm just hoping that people actually realize the real issues
(which is semi happening, the more the Republican party overreaches, the more it becomes obvious were dealing with fascism)
Some people are waking up to it. It's just a lot of people are beaten and tired from their work lives, we're extremely disconnected and fragmented within our own communities. It creates a pretty strong sense of either dread, or apathy. Or mix.
People are waking up, just not in the way you think they are. A little background... Ruy Teixeira worked at the Center for American Progress since their founding in 2003.

https://theliberalpatriot.substack.com/p/working-class-and-hispanic-voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: One of my friends wants to do a pc wall build I'm like but you constantly complain about roaches lol