Gaming Do you feel bad pirating DS games?

Do you feel bad pirating DS games?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, unless it's a game that is well worth buying and I don't pay for it

• No, I don't care at all

• Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tfb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Even the old C64 games were pirated. All successful consoles and computers had this " problem". Try finding games for less popular systems.. that is always a lot more difficult.
I think that pirating contributes to success of a system. I will only buy a system when it is possible to use pirated games on it.

Also pirated games preserve the legacy of older systems.

tical00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sometimes i get nervous that i will get caught somehow.
its probably just my ocd though.

but no, for the answer to the question, i play alot of games and don't want to spend all that money on games. However I think I may start buying ones I really love.

What gaming companies should do is set up something online where pirates can donate money to their company if they really liked a game. But there are so many flaws in that it is just a stupid thought.

Bleedingelite

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tical00 said:
sometimes i get nervous that i will get caught somehow.
its probably just my ocd though.

but no, for the answer to the question, i play alot of games and don't want to spend all that money on games. However I think I may start buying ones I really love.

What gaming companies should do is set up something online where pirates can donate money to their company if they really liked a game. But there are so many flaws in that it is just a stupid thought.

I actually think that's a good idea. I mean, they shouldn't just come out and say it's for pirates. But the fact is that we're going to pirate games no matter what, and I do very often feel compelled to give something back if a game is really spectacular.

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
piracyhelps.jpg

AmitZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
If it's a really good game, then yes.
But it's not like I can buy games.. Let's put aside the fact that only a handful of games actually arrive here, and the fact that if a good game does come, it takes like a year after it's EUROPEAN relese, but a single game costs here around $100 and that's WAY too much for any game.
I could import (and I have import a few) but I don't really have a way to earn money so... yeah.

Ishidori

Trophies
XP
Country
LOL!!! Piracy helps stop global warming!!!
biggrin.gif

Well i'm from a third world's country, then why i should feel guilty? I'm poor and is my way of revenge against the capitalism...
laugh.gif

Seriously, is not right but i don't care anyway. I'm my own Robin Hood.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
AmitZ said:
If it's a really good game, then yes.
But it's not like I can buy games.. Let's put aside the fact that only a handful of games actually arrive here, and the fact that if a good game does come, it takes like a year after it's EUROPEAN relese,
I really feel sorry for you.
Usually when a 'good' game comes out - it's Japan first, shortly followed by USA (about 2-3 months later) then it could take a further 3-4 months before release in Europe, & if you're getting them (if you are lucky enough) 12 month after Europe, then that makes nearly 2 years difference from when it first comes out to when you can get it

Phazon13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still buy some really good games like zelda and metroid. I download other games of which I'm not sure if it's really good. I still only completed 2 downloaded games in 2 years:).

Djay187

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got my first card last November up until then I had paid for just about every game I owned going back to the Amiga so I feel I paid my dues. But after 8 months I do feel a little guilty and have decided to buy the ones I really enjoy.
Still games in England are so expensive and we don't get half the releases that come out in Japan and the States so if I didn't pirate I wouldn't get to play them.

frebels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I felt bad for square Enix so bought some of that games
moogle.gif

But i dont feel bad for other componies
Square Enix is to awesome

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
frebels said:
moogle.gif

Lol. Square Enix is one of the companies I don't feel guilty at all for pirating, thanks to their overzealous obsession with C&Ding fan games. I know companies have the rights to protect their intellectual properties but stopping cool fan projects like Chrono Resurrection and Crimson Echos, despite the fact that the original game is over a decade old, is just ridiculous. There are a million Mario fan games out there and it doesn't seem to have hurt Nintendo's sales one bit, and even notorious companies like EA encourage fan games and mods.

Maybe my opinion of them will improve slightly if they ever localise Nanashi no Game.

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The amount of shovelware that comes out and is the same price as quality titles, it just makes me angry that people have to pay so much for something they'll probably regret buying in a few days, and no I don't feel remorse, back when I had a GBA I used to pay full price individually for every game, and a lot of the time I found the game was terrible, so no I don't

Ishidori

Trophies
XP
Country
frebels said:
moogle.gif

Feel sorry for Square Enix LOL! Nah! They just get a lot of money with every remake, best feel sorry for some independents programers that only can release a limited amount of copy of their games.

Shardnax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are a small handful of series on the DS, so collection purposes go out the window for me. It comes down to who is developing/localizing it and if I get extras with it. As soon, as the game Gaijin Works is localizing comes out I'll be buying that, though I'll still download it so I don't need to bring the cartridge with me.

Off topic, but I will also be getting Mana Khemia 2 since I'm only missing Atelier Violet in the Atelier series.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Psi's nipples stretch far wider and can touch his toes. +1