Gaming Do you feel bad pirating DS games?

Do you feel bad pirating DS games?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, unless it's a game that is well worth buying and I don't pay for it

• No, I don't care at all

• Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bradums

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chrono_Tata said:
frebels said:
I felt bad for square Enix so bought some of that games
moogle.gif

But i dont feel bad for other componies
Square Enix is to awesome
Lol. Square Enix is one of the companies I don't feel guilty at all for pirating, thanks to their overzealous obsession with C&Ding fan games. I know companies have the rights to protect their intellectual properties but stopping cool fan projects like Chrono Resurrection and Crimson Echos, despite the fact that the original game is over a decade old, is just ridiculous. There are a million Mario fan games out there and it doesn't seem to have hurt Nintendo's sales one bit, and even notorious companies like EA encourage fan games and mods.

Maybe my opinion of them will improve slightly if they ever localise Nanashi no Game.

I agree with you a thousand times over. Chrono Resurrection was going to be a Chrono fan's dream. It looked amazing, the classic soundtrack was made prettier, and it would revive the masterpiece. Until Square-Enix completely stiff-armed the project and shut the developers down, thus killing an epic experience in the name of money and power. The only thing I'd disagree with is the "the game is a decade old" point, because they remade CT for the NDS, so it's not like it was a dead copyright or anything. Still doesn't make it alright, but hey...

As for the topic's question, I don't feel bad. I buy any game I see and would like to play. I generally only download games I could otherwise probably never obtain. For example, Code Geass for NDS will likely never be released in the US but through the magic of emulation, I can try it out and hope that BlueFlame90's translation patch will be completed in the near future. I could import it, sure, but that's a whole assload of work and it would still need the translation patch that's easily applied to the ROM.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really care at all, since if I like the game I'll usually buy it when it comes out in my country. Unless I'm saving my money for something else, liiike... A new TV
biggrin.gif

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShatteredScreens said:
I don't really care at all, since if I like the game I'll usually buy it when it comes out in my country. Unless I'm saving my money for something else, liiike... A new TV
biggrin.gif
ooh that reminds me
i live in korea, and korea never imports US games so all i can buy here is japanese or one of the few officially released korean games
so the only way to get us games are to buy it off the internet with extra shipping fee, or just download it for free

shadow_14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't feel bad pirating games because, if i really like the game, i will buy it so i can support the developer and add a great game to my collection
smile.gif
; honestly, there is a huge diference between having a dvd with hundreds of roms and a shelf with 15/20 original games, in their beautiful boxes, with that special game in there (in which you spend dozens of hours to complete it) like it was a little trophy ^^.

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
I think I used to think that its wrong.
But right now, I DONT THINK ANYTHING WHILE DOWNLOADING GAMES. I sold/gave most of the games from my collection to others. So right now heavily depending on pirating
smile.gif

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Doesn't really phase me at all, not to mention the absurd pricing over here, I feel better knowing im getting a better deal this way, instead of spending $100 + on like 3 games which id probably only ever play a few times then get bored.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
fuck NO!

the shitty shitware that people actually BUY keeps me commin back!
happy.gif

and nintendo and all those other companies are rich enough....they got a lifetime supply of NDS game prices for the GB, GBC and GBA pokemon games i bought....I say its fair.

and the shit Square-Enix did with Crimson Echoes?...ohhh..man I'm gonna love stealing Kingdom Hearts DS
yay.gif
..every Square game I steal is like a kick in the nuts for them at what they did.

But i MIGHT buy Dissida because its a 1gb (japan one is anyway) and I would like to play it anytime...and for FUCKING SEQUEL sake
dry.gif

pretty much - NOPE. DON'T CARE AT ALL....There is only Darkness in my Soul

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thinking about this more, I have realized that Ninty's robbed me blind in the past (all the old GBC games and GCN and whatnot, not to mention 13 or so DS games) so it's time for me to take from the rich and give to the poor. What we are, as pirates, are the Robin Hoods of the internet. Ninty's making billions; I'm sure they won't miss a... few thousand copies of their games.
wink.gif

And stanleyopar2000, what did SE do with Crimson Echoes?

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
Thinking about this more, I have realized that Ninty's robbed me blind in the past (all the old GBC games and GCN and whatnot, not to mention 13 or so DS games) so it's time for me to take from the rich and give to the poor. What we are, as pirates, are the Robin Hoods of the internet. Ninty's making billions; I'm sure they won't miss a... few thousand copies of their games.
wink.gif
indeed. after buying a virtual boy you just don't care lol

El-ahrairah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never feel bad about pirating a game. Ever.

Maybe I would have stuck to buying games if you could return them for being crap. But, since you can't, I don't feel bad at all.

Fire2box

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel bad about it since it's stealing, there's no denying that and there's no excuse for it either. I am not saying we are evil or anything, but I am also not going to say we are right. The issue isn't gray, it's clearly black and white.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Skyline969 said:
wink.gif

And stanleyopar2000, what did SE do with Crimson Echoes?

That logic is ridiculous. Nintendo owes you nothing. Stealing from them is not even a noble cause, because all it goes towards is providing you with a form of entertainment. There are a lot of people out there in the world doing it rough who don't even have the luxury of being entertained.

Stealing essentials is a lot more justifiable than stealing luxury items that you don't need.

Do not mistake me though, this isn't a 'holier than thou art' post. I'm guilty, but at least I don't dress it up.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Opium said:
That logic is ridiculous. Nintendo owes you nothing. Stealing from them is not even a noble cause, because all it goes towards is providing you with a form of entertainment. There are a lot of people out there in the world doing it rough who don't even have the luxury of being entertained.

Stealing essentials is a lot more justifiable than stealing luxury items that you don't need.

Do not mistake me though, this isn't a 'holier than thou art' post. I'm guilty, but at least I don't dress it up.
Ah, but I'll throw another "dress-up" at you then. Piracy isn't stealing, if you think about it. Stealing takes the original of something. Let's say someone steals a car. The original owner no longer has that car. However, piracy just makes a copy of something. If you torrent a movie, the company who made the movie still has the original, so technically you didn't steal anything. So really, we're not stealing, we're just copying.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Real Jdbye yeah those are great too