0.0%
  4. 0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 0 voter(s)
  1. Balrogs.Pain

Balrogs.Pain GBAtemp Fan

nope, i dont really feel that bad. when i pirated something at first i felt a little worried, a month passed. nothing happened, and then all of a sudden i had photoshop and windows office 2007 and a whole bunch of roms!

2. chad13dale

chad13dale Advanced Member
    Newcomer

To be honest, when it comes to games and music, i definitely feel crappy when i pirate things. I'm a programmer by profession and a musician by heart. HOWEVER, there are limitations in my financial status so that kind of compensates for it. Pretty hard not to resist buying something for like 80% off the original price with almost the same quality. I'm a poor fellow. pirates make things accessible for me.

3. xylos

xylos GBAtemp Regular
    Blacklisted Trader

United States
    Meh... The only games I've bought are ones I feel are well worth it like:

Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword [​IMG]

Metroid Prime Hunters [​IMG]

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars [​IMG]

Pokemon Platinum [​IMG]

Mario Kart DS [​IMG]

4. RanmaFreak

RanmaFreak Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I don't feel bad in the slightest. Most of the games I've been downloading I don't even finish, because they just aren't that good. I also have over 350 video games, about half of which are Nintendo games, so I can justify pirating some games. I buy the games that are worth buying to support the developers, but honestly not much is worth buying anymore.

5. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

United States
    No. I, for one, can't stand most of the DS library. [​IMG]

6. Hop2089

Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    No, because I end up buying the official game anyway, all roms are for trial purposes, however, I rarely have to download roms if there's good gameplay shots, clear and concise battle system descriptions, and/or demos to get me a good idea of the game. Now video game music is another story, the only way I'm going to buy video game music is if it's bundled in with a game or console/handheld as a special edition or is very rare and hard to find. I buy any other music though.

7. Shadz

Shadz GBAtemp Regular

I dont buy anything, music, movies, tv shows, games, books. Anything and everything. However, when it comes out, I will most probably buy Pokemon heart gold/soul silver because i love the series and because it just completed my childhood. Wouldn't buy platinum...i already bought pearl. Im not paying for an 'expansion'

8. phillyrider807

phillyrider807 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Not really. There are tons of game son my r4 that i never had any intention on buying in the 1st place. Games that i really enjoy i end up buying. I bought ever kingdom hearts and will buy it when it comes out in english.

9. Chris_Skylock

Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

I will buy if they are available in the Philippines. some games are just rubbish and I just download them to see what people think they desrerve to be the best. And yes, im talking about GTA:CW, LoZ, and other games and i dont like. so dont flame me.

I did bought pokemon platinum since I want a fair game. (sort of)

10. Ryufushichou

Ryufushichou I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!

The only reason i pirate games is to test them, if i like the game i buy it, but i will keep the rom until i have the money to buy the game. if i dont it gets deleted off my M3 and my PC.

So no i dont feel bad about it, because its always temporary.

- Karaku32

11. i dont and never feel bad. its the companys fault for making games £30 each!. even crappy shovelware are expensive.

12. ThetaSigma10

ThetaSigma10 GBAtemp Regular

i never feel bad. not at all.

13. corney888

corney888 Newbie
    Newcomer

No because sometimes you can get games quicker ( I am not waiting for it to come out in the shops.) It also saves you like hundreds of $$$!! [​IMG]

14. Panzer Tacticer

Panzer Tacticer veteran human

Canada
    Here's a question.

How many of you know PERSONALLY a game publisher and or developer?

I know the owners of several wargaming publishers/developers. I won't download their games and not pay for THOSE ones. I don't fuck over my friends.

Now on the other hand, I don't give a flying fuck for people I don't know.

15. Jockel

Jockel This is where you're wrong, kiddo

Germany
    I don't feel bad for pirating games, because i wouldn't be buying them anyways.
    At the moment i am so broke it's barely enough money to survive.
    IF i had enough money i would buy the games i like.

On a side note, the games i enjoy most can't be pirated :-/
    [CAVE jamma pcbs like Mushihimesama Futari, Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu etc.]

16. abrack08

abrack08 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I feel guilty downloading games in series that I already like or games I already know I like. Like if I download Phoenix Wright, Zelda, Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts, or even something like Scribblenauts, I'll feel guilty. You guys gotta understand, if you don't buy the great games, if everyone took your approach, then great games would stop being made, because the only people still buying DS games would be the 5 year old girls begging for "Barbie and her 10 Ponies" or whatever. Buying a great game is like voting for more great games to be made.

17. Tyson8earzz

Tyson8earzz Member
    Newcomer

United States
    nope i dont feel bad... its kinda like a drug... im just a d/l whore

18. DJ91990

DJ91990 Grookey Gang!

United States
    I don't care because Nintendo's QA sucks A$$!
    The main resion is this; why the hell does the USA and Europe get the freak'n Immagine serries and not all of the cool JRPGS?!

So many suckey games!

You can't hack the physical game cartridge and you pay arround $30~$40 per game! In this economy we can't afford a overpriced game and risk buying an overpriced P.O.S. Face it, some game box arts are misleading. Looking at you Dokapan Jurney. First time I saw it and downloaded it, I thought it was an RPG, IT WAS A FREAK'N Bord Game with RPG aspects!

That could have been 30-40 bucks that I could have spent on a good game like Red Faction Guerrilla!

This rests my case.

If you think that I am being greedy then, yes. I am being as greedy as Nintendo is being greedy with YOUR money! So I guess that makes us even.

19. stivsama

stivsama GBA-Tenchan

I guess I relate to the desperate individuals who just don't have money. I spent a year saving just so I can buy a DS lite UNIT + Flash.

But those who dl just to spite the game companies? STFU.

And those who SPREAD the word around so OTHERS won't buy too? What the hell's wrong with you?

Speaking of hell, these people just entered the ninth circle of it.

20. junker_man32

junker_man32 Banned
    Banned

United States
    i would downlaod a car, i love pirating

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - pirating, games,