Do you feel bad pirating DS games?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Link5084, Jun 5, 2009.

?

Do you feel bad pirating DS games?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, unless it's a game that is well worth buying and I don't pay for it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, I don't care at all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Jun 5, 2009
  1. Link5084
    OP

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    I usually pirate DS games a lot but really I don't care that much though since I'm broke. [​IMG]

What about you?

2. Doc.X

Newcomer Doc.X Advanced Member

United States
    I dont Feel too bad i usually get games Pirated and if i like them i buy them , dont get me wrong their are some games that i have that i never plan on owning other than on My Acekard 2i

3. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    Not really I'm poor, don't have a job, and pretty sure I won't get a job at my age. I might buy a game once in a long while but yeah I basically pirate them.

4. Fafnir

Newcomer Fafnir Member

United States
    To be honest, I've never felt bad about pirating a game. They're too expensive. And it's saving me money I don't have.

5. rungis2963

Newcomer rungis2963 Member

Mexico
    Hell no. Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum!

6. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    Depends, if its a genuinly good game and I don't buy it after enjoying it fully, then sort of, yes.

If it isn't released in Europe, then hell no. Pirating would be the only way (other than insanely expensive importing, and that would only work if the console was region-free) to get the game.

7. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Free better than pay. Now, I would feel guilty if I went into a store and stole the game off the shelf, but just clicking the mouse a few times? Nope. Not even a little guilty.

This picture pretty much describes how I feel about downloading free stuff:

[​IMG]

8. N-TG

Member N-TG GBAtemp Fan

Greece
    Depends on the game.... But the I don't like it when I gave so many hours to play a game...and to have to play it again when I buy it [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

HAHAHAHAHAHA epic win hahahha

9. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom

Just wait a few years for Virtual Reality to become the norm, then we'll all have to download cars to get around cyberspace quickly.

And by a few years, I mean a decade or two.

10. PuyoDead

Member PuyoDead Hey! Hey! Oh!

United States
    I use downloading games as a "should I buy this?" system. If I play something that turns out really good, I'll go ahead and buy it (Hotel Dusk, Clubhouse Games, etc.). But for games I know I'll be buying (FFTA2, Zelda, etc), I'll still download them, just to avoid the annoyance of dumping it (except in the case of FFTA2 *whistles*).

I have boxes of hundreds of games all the way back to Atari 2600. I much prefer to have the actual game over a rom. Which isn't to say I don't keep collections of those either. But given the choice, I'll hang on to my physical games whenever possible. Besides, they're worth more in the long run.

11. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    Most the games I downloaded I wouldn't have bought in the first place. I still buy games which I feel are really worth paying for, especially from small developers like Soul Bubbles. I could care less about buying mainstrean games like Pokemon, knowing that there are a bajillion kids out there buying them anyway.

12. Frederica Bernkastel

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom
    I feel bad about other companies shamelessly pushing the R4 onto the common market, exploiting it and spamming the shit out of it with their crappy clones so that Nintendo sued the original team and made it all fail.
    Personally, I don't care any more. I walked down kings heath high street yesterday and went into several shops. all of them except one (cause it was a supermarket) were selling R4 clones. Not even originals. Next to the brand new DS cabinet/thing.

I don't care much myself about pirating DS games, cause I'm going off it. Also trying to buy more games. But if it means that we'll seen nintendo resort to more shit like the DSi... then... well... I'm not much of a Nintendo fanboy anymore...

13. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    If I had the money I'd gladly pay for a quality game but as I am 'between jobs' (ie unemployed) then if I don't pirate a game then I don't play it at all. It's as simple as that. Either way I don't personally cause Nintendo to lose any money.

14. xDlmaoxD

Member xDlmaoxD GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Whose pirating games in here last time I check this was a legit site [​IMG]

15. floobmonsrake

Newcomer floobmonsrake Advanced Member

United States
    I probably would not have bought any of the ds games i downloaded. I acually got kind of board of the ds before i bought a flash cart. Dont get me wrong some times i do question if downloaded games is wrong or right, but ive already started i just cant stop [​IMG]

16. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Lol at the results. No one voted for "Yes" yet.

And no I don't give a damn.

17. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Sometimes I feel a little guilty (So I voted "Yes").

Generally, not really though.

18. RedIce

Member RedIce GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    I do (i'm the one that voted yes).
    I don't play too many games now (like i played when i was younger).
    I just play a few that i really feel they are a great experience and as such i cherish them a lot.
    I've no qualms about trying them out first tho: move games i've tried lately for like 20mins and never played again. I would not pay for that.

19. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I don't feel even the slightest bit of remorse when I download anything online, be it movies, games, anime, etc.

20. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    I really don't care.....If I didn't download games, I wouldn't be playing at all..

Besides, Croatia has no laws against it, or if it does (and I'm not aware of that) nobody cares for them!