Gaming Do you feel bad pirating DS games?

Do you feel bad pirating DS games?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, unless it's a game that is well worth buying and I don't pay for it

• No, I don't care at all

• Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only when it's a really good game that I wished I had bought. Wish I knew what the TWEWY Box Art/Manual/Cart looked like :/

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am very bad with this stuff. I got a rom of LOZ Oracle of Ages that I didn't own and i deleted it within a week.
Im thinking about starting to pirate games ( i only use my flash cart 4 games i own ) but I don't know how I will get through ( guilt wise ) I always think some cop is gonna get me cuz i got a game i didnt own.

Curse my good person Concsious!

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
I sometimes feel guilty when i read about these games companys going under and games like GTA not selling well but most of the time it doesnt bother me.

Games (especially for DS and WII) are just too much money these days and with DS i just checked what number the newest rom is for download its 3839 so of those 3839 games out for DS i can honestly say only about 30 of those are worth buying and lets face it MOST of the really great games for DS are japanese only (soma bringer , tales of innocence , jump! ultimate stars) and if it wasnt for flashcarts and people working to translate them. we'd never experience them. ever.

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
Rayder said:
download_car.jpg

Hmm, isn't that all part of the xbox 360s new racing game. So really there will be million of new car's downloaded over the next few year.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Charmandersrule said:
So im assuming nothing happens when you pirate games right? Other than guilt for some people.

About the worst that will happen is a nosy ISP might notice you downloading something illegal and tell you to stop it or face disconnection. Mostly though, no one cares as long as you aren't trying to sell the pirated stuff.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
You basically asking people do they feel 'guilty' pirating games? If I can buy a bootleg movie from a vender outside or download a videos from my internet, then why can't I pirate games?!

I started pirating games when I used an emulator, that's right! You're pirating if you are playing something that's official without buying it! Pirating actually made me enjoyed games that I wouldn't even played till this day; That's Castlevania, Boktai, Riveria, Final Fantasy, Zelda, Megaman (Yeah the first time I ever played and completed a Megaman game was on a GB emulator and it was called MM4), Metroid (I was I can still play Super Metroid again).

So pirating actually expanded my enjoyment for gaming.

arcy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In my high school days, if I could I would have pirated N64 games. I spent so much money on N64 games ($59.99, with tax it was ironically $64.64).

Don't get me wrong though, N64 housed some of the best games I've ever played and enjoyed. Goldeneye (before the hype), Super Mario 64, Perfect Dark, WWF No Mercy/Wrestlemania, Legend of Zelda OoT / Majora's Mask, Rogue Squadron, etc. I also had a Playstation and a couple of years later I bought an add-on to let me play burnt games.

But now I'm in college and actually have money to spend on video games. But in reality, if I was able to buy games in high school, everyone else should be able to (by getting a job!). You're paying for entertainment. 60 hours of entertainment out of a video game (ala Fall Out / Elder Scrolls) justifies a purchase. I bought some crap games too full price in the past (i'm looking at you SNES!)

In the end, I mainly buy the games worth purchasing (team fortress 2). The problem is that China has mass produced ways for playing pirated games for the DS. When I get my new iphone, I don't plan on jailbreaking it as I want to fully support the devs on that platform. Some devs don't even recuperate the development costs when their games become pirated

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
i do feel bad for pirating ds games, especially the one that i love
tongue.gif

the problem here is whether can i get hold of those DS games in my country?
the answer is NO?
even though is YES.. how long would it take to reach our shore?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back