do you ever find youreslf

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by CJL18, Aug 19, 2008.

Aug 19, 2008

do you ever find youreslf by CJL18 at 2:11 PM (2,275 Views / 0 Likes) 28 replies

1. CJL18
    OP

Member CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    -playing a game getting really far into it and just stop playing it? I dont know i always do this i dont know why. Wh oelse does this?

2. xalphax

Member xalphax Internet killed the Ponystar.

Croatia
    its called "losing interest".

happens to me a lot, because i get distracted easily.

3. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Pirate's syndrome maybe? Happens to all of us with flash cards.

4. Panzer Tacticer

Member Panzer Tacticer veteran human

Canada
    Happens a lot with Civilization (PC versions). I find myself at a late date, and I KNOW I am not going to get a glorious finish so I just quit knowing there's no point beating the matter to death.

I generally prefer DS games that don't require dedication though. Games like Tetris where just turning it off doesn't matter.

5. Diablo1123

Member Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    Happened to me on Twilight Princess
    that's about it so far
    and mayb eMario and Luigi Partners in Time.

6. OmerMe

Member OmerMe GBAtemp Fan

Israel
    I agree with xalphax and DeMoN, I get distracted easily too

7. Shelleeson

Member Shelleeson GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    yeh i've done this more than once and did it with ffx-2 (as well as a bunch of other games) but i'm more mad at the fact i did it when i was part way through ffviii for the second time [​IMG]

8. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    Yeah it happens once in a while and I haven't really been into a big game for a while now.
    I prefer simpler and more fun games.

9. GameDragon

Member GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

United States
    Did it with Final Fantasy IV and VI (Both on SNES). Got all the way to Zeromus and Kefka, but never even attempted to fight them.

10. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    The worst case of this happening for me was when I was maybe an hour away from the final boss in Skies of Arcadia (an awesome game btw). And I spent quite a bit of my time on that game too (it being an RPG and all). IIRC it came down to myself having commitments in the outside world [​IMG]

Speaking of this I also did this in final fantasy 10

(spoiler)
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Ended up forgetting most of the story and the character's moveset and so started again from scratch some time later (glad I did too as I finished it 2nd time round [​IMG])

11. cerenade

Member cerenade GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    ive complete ffx about 10 time and never lost interest once i would be playing it right now but dont have a playstation atm

12. Bake

Member Bake GBAtemp Regular

Croatia
    That happens to me all the time.

13. dice

United Kingdom
    I'm quite the opposite, I'd prefer to experience something new and different. This is why I tend to choose games that have longitivity so that I don't end up spending money (I don't have) on many new games. Having said that I haven't got a next gen console so console wise I'm restricted to the odd game of pro evolution soccer on my ps2. That's not to say that I've played all the good games on the system (e.g. I haven't played God or War or Okami) but... yeah I find I don't have as much time or money to justify it.

14. cerenade

Member cerenade GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    eww pro evo. i hate football games. I like new stuff too but ffx is my fav and ive played it alot, and will continue to until 13 comes out [​IMG]

15. dice

United Kingdom
    lol I love pro evo, one of my fav games [​IMG] I'll be getting 2009 when it comes out for definate (screw FIFA) [​IMG]

16. Doomsday Forte

Member Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    No, I never do find myself. I'm still looking though.

But honestly, it happens quite a bit due to Piracy Overload or whatever it was called. I'm a good distance in any number of games but a very scant few have been beaten because of the sheer volume of games or because something new is out.

17. matrix121391

Member matrix121391 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I only do that when there's a newer game out that I want to try and get hooked onto. Then another game comes out... It's a vicious cycle.

18. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    No. If a games good and I'm a decent way into it , I'll finish it before starting another.

19. enigmaindex

Member enigmaindex the Scarecrow

Australia
    Happens to me alot, actually probably havent finished half the games i play.

Bought MGS4 on opening day, played 5-6 hours and thats it, i havent played it since. I was going to today but thought wait a second what if i dont remember whats hapened so far in the game story wise i dont want to have to replay it, so i guess i havent.

Same with Super Mario Galaxy, it was nothing like Super Mario 64 it was far too easy so i stopped playing that.

Really the only games i can recall that i have finished are Pokemon Red, Pokemon Yellow, Pokemon Gold, Pokemon Diamond, Super Mario 64, Parasite Eve, Call of Duty 1-4, Medal of Honour Series. Thats all i can think off the top of my head.

I've never finished a Zelda game, i have played almost all of them (well not the handheld versions) got about 80-90% then stopped.

I guess it comes down to losing interest or commitments but also abit of lazyness mixed in aswell. After i finish school which is this year i want to go back and finish most of the game i didnt, luckily most of my saves are still intact.

20. Berthenk

Member Berthenk Epitome of Awesomeness

Netherlands
    Yes, happens a lot. And i know it'll happen again when Linerider 2 : Unbound is finally out!