do you ever find youreslf

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Happens a lot with Civilization (PC versions). I find myself at a late date, and I KNOW I am not going to get a glorious finish so I just quit knowing there's no point beating the matter to death.

I generally prefer DS games that don't require dedication though. Games like Tetris where just turning it off doesn't matter.

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
yeh i've done this more than once and did it with ffx-2 (as well as a bunch of other games) but i'm more mad at the fact i did it when i was part way through ffviii for the second time
mad.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah it happens once in a while and I haven't really been into a big game for a while now.
I prefer simpler and more fun games.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
The worst case of this happening for me was when I was maybe an hour away from the final boss in Skies of Arcadia (an awesome game btw). And I spent quite a bit of my time on that game too (it being an RPG and all). IIRC it came down to myself having commitments in the outside world
tongue.gif

Speaking of this I also did this in final fantasy 10

(spoiler)
Just after you get to use Cid's aircraft

Ended up forgetting most of the story and the character's moveset and so started again from scratch some time later (glad I did too as I finished it 2nd time round
biggrin.gif
)

cerenade

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dice said:
The worst case of this happening for me was when I was maybe an hour away from the final boss in Skies of Arcadia (an awesome game btw). And I spent quite a bit of my time on that game too (it being an RPG and all). IIRC it came down to myself having commitments in the outside world
tongue.gif

(spoiler)

Ended up forgetting most of the story and the character's moveset and so started again from scratch some time later (glad I did too as I finished it 2nd time round
biggrin.gif
)

ive complete ffx about 10 time and never lost interest once i would be playing it right now but dont have a playstation atm

dice

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
cerenade said:
dice said:
tongue.gif

(spoiler)

biggrin.gif
)

ive complete ffx about 10 time and never lost interest once i would be playing it right now but dont have a playstation atm
I'm quite the opposite, I'd prefer to experience something new and different. This is why I tend to choose games that have longitivity so that I don't end up spending money (I don't have) on many new games. Having said that I haven't got a next gen console so console wise I'm restricted to the odd game of pro evolution soccer on my ps2. That's not to say that I've played all the good games on the system (e.g. I haven't played God or War or Okami) but... yeah I find I don't have as much time or money to justify it.

cerenade

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dice said:
cerenade said:
dice said:
tongue.gif

(spoiler)

biggrin.gif
)

I'm quite the opposite, I'd prefer to experience something new and different. This is why I tend to choose games that have longitivity so that I don't end up spending money (I don't have) on many new games. Having said that I haven't got a next gen console so console wise I'm restricted to the odd game of pro evolution soccer on my ps2. That's not to say that I've played all the good games on the system (e.g. I haven't played God or War or Okami) but... yeah I find I don't have as much time or money to justify it.

eww pro evo. i hate football games. I like new stuff too but ffx is my fav and ive played it alot, and will continue to until 13 comes out
smile.gif

dice

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
cerenade said:
dice said:
cerenade said:
dice said:
tongue.gif

(spoiler)

biggrin.gif
)

eww pro evo. i hate football games. I like new stuff too but ffx is my fav and ive played it alot, and will continue to until 13 comes out
smile.gif

lol I love pro evo, one of my fav games
biggrin.gif
I'll be getting 2009 when it comes out for definate (screw FIFA)
biggrin.gif

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, I never do find myself. I'm still looking though.

But honestly, it happens quite a bit due to Piracy Overload or whatever it was called. I'm a good distance in any number of games but a very scant few have been beaten because of the sheer volume of games or because something new is out.

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
Happens to me alot, actually probably havent finished half the games i play.

Bought MGS4 on opening day, played 5-6 hours and thats it, i havent played it since. I was going to today but thought wait a second what if i dont remember whats hapened so far in the game story wise i dont want to have to replay it, so i guess i havent.

Same with Super Mario Galaxy, it was nothing like Super Mario 64 it was far too easy so i stopped playing that.

Really the only games i can recall that i have finished are Pokemon Red, Pokemon Yellow, Pokemon Gold, Pokemon Diamond, Super Mario 64, Parasite Eve, Call of Duty 1-4, Medal of Honour Series. Thats all i can think off the top of my head.

I've never finished a Zelda game, i have played almost all of them (well not the handheld versions) got about 80-90% then stopped.

I guess it comes down to losing interest or commitments but also abit of lazyness mixed in aswell. After i finish school which is this year i want to go back and finish most of the game i didnt, luckily most of my saves are still intact.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh