Do you believe in climate change/global warming?

Do you think Trump pulling out of the Paris climate change deal was a bad thing?

• Total voters

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mmm. unwatching a thread just to get quoted. my favorite.

Anyways. You have some valid points. We shouldn't follow them blindly, but we also shouldn't have a Social Media civil war or anything of the sorts that can lead to a divided country. If we could stay united, without all of the hatred (and it is easier to share hatred more than love), we could possible live a better life with better decisions.
I tend to use very little social media besides reddit and gbatemp so I guess I miss post of the hatred and drama but of course it's better to reason things out than blindly attack. I think Trump was mistaken, and people should have cival campaigns with no violence or law breaking to show him people disagree with him.

D

Deleted User

I tend to use very little social media besides reddit and gbatemp so I guess I miss post of the hatred and drama but of course it's better to reason things out than blindly attack. I think Trump was mistaken, and people should have cival campaigns with no violence or law breaking to show him people disagree with him.
Civil Campaigns are one thing.

But certain things are not acceptable. I will not list them here because I am done. I swear if anyone quotes this post I'm done.

Mansize

GBATemp Hardware
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't think we can have that much of an influence, as much as we'd like to think we are that powerful. I do think we should cut down on the emissions and fuel usage, and that nature is severly damaged by what we do.

This being said, here are some reconstructions from the Grid2 ice core; which reveals that climate change looks only troublesome depending on what time frame you look at;

420,000 years up until now; "It's not that bad"
gisp2-71.jpg

Looking back "only" 49,000 years; "It's been bad for like 10,000 years yes"
gisp2-61.jpg

Looking back 11,000 years; "It's been quite steady for a while now"
gisp2-51.jpg

Looking back 8,000 years; "We are in the clear what is all fuss about kthnx"
gisp2-41.jpg

Looking back some 3,000 years; "I thought the middle ages were hot, but damn, before Christ!"

gisp2-31.jpg

Looking back some 1,200 years; "I wish it was good weather like in the middle ages"

gisp2-21.jpg

Looking only 600 years back; "We're gonna die"
gisp2-11.jpg

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah, some of the attacks are undemocratic (but parody is parody and no one is immune), but you can't fault the media for constantly calling him out on his idiocy and ignorance, that's their job, it's not their fault the POTUS and hs staff is completely unfit for the job.

On topic, yes, human caused global warming is real and we're fucked*, because humans are still too stupid to fight for their own interests (including survival). However, Trump's decision isn't that relevant, since renewables are making surprising technological progress and coal ain't coming back.

By fucked I don't mean we're all gonna die, society will collapse, and dogs and cats are going to rule the world together, it's just that we're going to have to deal with massive migration, change where we grow food, deal with frequent extreme weather, build a lot of seawalls and other destructive, disruptive and costly things.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It was Obama's fault this time. He was the one who went in a "signed" this bs non binding agreement. It was a joke from the get go.
Yeah, it was a joke. That's why everybody signed it except the US, Syria, and Nicaragua. Hell, Nicaragua didn't sign because it didn't go far enough. At least that's a good reason. For Trump, it's because he can't be an adult for five seconds, so he got sent to the kid's table by the rest of the world leaders and now he's being a pouty bitch. The reality is all it does is diminish the US's presence on the world stage. Naturally Trump is too short-sighted to give a damn.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Nightwish

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
His dad kept giving him several loans and bailing out his failed business ventures one after the other. At some point he had so many failures that US banks wouldn't even lend to him any more, which is where the Russians came in. Daddy's lawyers and financial advisors kept him from losing everything.

Also, that comic uses the "small loan of a million dollars" quote without a hint of irony. Cringe. Kinda proves my whole point about being born into wealth.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Nightwish

DrkBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
People thinking it is a believe like religion, lol, there is a global warming over the years and temperatures have become more extreme, it's a proved thing humans are accelerating the process, so it shouldn't been a significant thing if humans weren't on earth since the beginning, really informative the comment of AuroraWright, it explains the difference between uninformed people. I have faith in the humanity, it will be a long term solution adopted by people after some hundred of years, the humanity life expectation has been increased over the years, we create more benefits than misery in general, of course there will be death by the climate change, the question is how many

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4