Homebrew Do you actually use DSOrganize?

Do you use it?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Eon-Rider

OP
Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
I always have DSOrganize on my flashcart but I actually never seem to use it. The only reason I have it is because it's recommended by so many people. I honestly don't see what is so good about it. Sure it has a lot of features but practically all of it is buggy. And before someone asks, I do use the birthday edition.

So out of sheer curiosity, do you actually use it? If you do, say which features you use.

P

pasc

use the birthday release, it got almost no bugs... 3.2 is the buggy bastard.

3.1129 or whatever it is called works fine. The webbrowser works, onlineradioworks, shortcut work everything works !

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
I kind of do i mainly use it to rename my rick roll videos, and edit the setting for the backup loader. I dont use it's web browser it isnt that good in general.

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use it for re-organizing the contents of my SD card, and if I ever need to download anything off the internet and my computer isn't available.

OneMichael

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
atomicat.com
XP
Country
Canada
I still haven't found a reliable text editor, which seems a bit odd. DSOrganize's editor works very well, but it randomly closes the document, most of the time without saving it first. That means I have to save whatever I'm writing after each couple of sentences. The 3.2 version wouldn't crash out, but it would randomly delete the whole thing when I saved, which is worse.
I use the address book, but I can't actually create or edit them in DSOrganize, or they'll end up deleted. Still, I can look through the ones I created manually and put on the card.
I can't get ClIRC to work with my wi-fi, so I'm using the DSOrganize IRC program. It works very well.
Overall, if it got rid of the glitches and upgraded the interface, it would be a fairly useful program.

Joshunar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded DSOrganize but just use other (better) programs to replace its features.
For the painting I use Colors.
For the Web browser I use bunjaloo.
I use WorDS as a text editor.
I use GraphDS as a calculator.
I use the dual slot browser for file editing.
I don't use the IRC.

Anything else I just don't need so I deleted the program and think its wayyyyyyy overated.

Ein-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I use it very often, as my Text Editor (found a way on those random deletion thingy), IRC, and sometimes as a web browser (I'm afraid to use bunjaloo again, it rendered my card "nearly" unusable).

The only bad thing about it is the random freezes. It's like the homebrew equivalent of Castlevania: PoR, "I'm gonna freeze when I like it". But it happens once in every 30 times or so...
smile.gif

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used it for a while and I liked it, but when my microsd corrupted and I lost my post-holiday address book, so I became wary of it.
In all fairness it's not DSO's fault, but the experience soured me on it a bit.

I've been wanting to give it another try, though.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just used it recently before my DS case broke to hide the system folders(like dsdsr folder, lmp-ng, etc.) and never since. I don't care for it too much.

Pedobear

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell naw. Only a few features ended up working for my cyclo like the homebrew updater, which probably updated files from a few weeks ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night