Hacking Do WII titles need BrickBlocker with Backup Loader 0.3?

delage13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't been able to find in the forums any definitive answer that ISOs need to be patched to prevent auto updates with non-regional games. I have an NTSC system and want to run PAL games.

Some have worked so far but I don't want to risk it now that I have the loader working.

If this has been answered elsewhere please direct me to the link, and I will read it.

Thanks.

vic1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
delage13 said:
I haven't been able to find in the forums any definitive answer that ISOs need to be patched to prevent auto updates with non-regional games. I have an NTSC system and want to run PAL games.

Some have worked so far but I don't want to risk it now that I have the loader working.

If this has been answered elsewhere please direct me to the link, and I will read it.

Thanks.

I have the same question, i am playing the soul eater japanese game without any problem but i don't know well if it is the same with all games.

UrkeytaY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since it really doesn't take long to brickblock/regionfrii any iso...you might as well run every iso you have if you're paranoid about it.

NeoGenesis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It would still be nice to have a definitive answer
smile.gif

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No because the backup loader wont let you install any updates from the discs. So you can play any region games.

You only need brickblocker if you dont have starfall, have a modchip, and launch games via the disc channel. Because then, it will ask you to update before you can play.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
As far as I know Backup Launcher 0.3 is still based on Gecko OS. Gecko OS doesn't let you install any updates, even if you're in the same region. I think WiiGator just wrote because he doesn't want mad people whine about their bricked Wii's.

wiifan08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
As far as I know Backup Launcher 0.3 is still based on Gecko OS. Gecko OS doesn't let you install any updates, even if you're in the same region.

That's the true, i already play 3 japanese games in my ntsc wii using backuplauncher 0.3 and no problems at all.

hetster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Don't install updates from a burned game disc of a different region, this was already reported to brick your Wii, when using a hardware modchip.

thats different from running a backup via launcher in a non hardware modded wii..i think its not possible as backuploader 0.3 uses geckos..

Starfire12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Better safe than sorry i think.
That's why i brickblocked all of mine. Also i might want to get myself a modchip eventually for the convenience and the GameCube games, then it'll be good to have the update removed on my backups.

GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The back up loader ignores updates, so no, not at all. There's no point in doing it unless you plan on getting a modchip or something.

toastert2003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ghost (or anyone), the backup loader just bypasses the update section of the disc, and goes straight to the game... is this 100% verified? At least until the time of this posting?

percu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, no need to BrickBlocker if using the launcher, but what about the 001 error?
I have a 3.2U with modchip (not patched) and want to know if it's possible to bypass this error without updating the modchip.
Maybe starfall is the solution?
Thx.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: