Hacking do NOT get a dsx

teonintyfive

Trophies
Website
ispeelgood.trap17.com
XP
Country
Greece
I got it from the first batch and like everyone else I am a proud owner.
I am also proud I didn't get a faulty one
tongue.gif

I wish I could put this in mah sig
dsxroxeb5.gif

But I guess I can make a smaller version

junfeng85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I dun understand what is the problem with DS-X besides the high price. Would someone kindly list the cons of the DS-X? I was thinking of importing 1 because its the few slot 1 cart that have the abilty to display the game's icon and the nicest looking interface (as nice as g6 lite that i own) How long is the loading time of the game. I would be okay with about 7s but love the 3s loading time of my g6 lite. Thanks in advance! ('v')

PS:Is it true that animal crossing cant run well on DS-X(ala supercard SD on default setting). That is an instant no sale for me because my gf is addicted to the game.

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I too am a proud owner of a DS-X, I also got mine on the first batch. I know that it was expensive, but I can afford it. It's super idiot proof to use, thats what so great about it. By the way I also own a M3 Lite, M3 simply, R4 ds, SCDS 1, Ninjapass x9, and a G6 lite. They are all great cards and I would recommend them all ( except the ninjapass x9). People are
going to buy what they can afford( I know so, because I sell them). All this hating on the DS-X is all because of its price. If you can't afford a DS-X then I highly recommend buying an R4 DS( MY BEST SELLER).

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I use my ds-xtreme every day, ith as a bit better homebrew support (Nitrotracker can load/save on ds-x, can't on other slot1 cards so far i know (M3/R4)

The only limmitation (if that is one) is the 512MB, for the rest i'm happy.

On the other hand since R4 is out, it has a bit more gone into my favor then ds-x, better updates, and i find the gui better, also now i can use my 1GB TF, still i use the ds-x every day, depending on what card is more close at hand of the time i need one
biggrin.gif

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I dun understand what is the problem with DS-X besides the high price. Would someone kindly tell with most of the cons of DS-X? I was thinking of importing 1 because its the few slot 1 cart that have the abilty to display the game's icon and the nicest looking interface (as nice as g6 lite that i own) How long is the loading time of the game. I would be okay with about 7s but love the 3s loading time of my g6 lite. Thanks in advance! ('v')

PS:Is it true that animal crossing cant run well on DS-X(ala supercard SD on default setting). That is an instant no sale for me because my gf is addicted to the game.
The cons of ds-x:
- They're production is seriously fucked up, they've had 4 batches, in the first 2 they had many carts with wrong sizes so they wouldn't fit in the ds correctly so it wouldn't be detected, the 3rd batch was delayed for like 2-3 months, the fourth batch suddenly had some different type of ram, so the whole batch didn't work at all untill the update which came about a month later.
- The OS takes some time to load, I think it was about 3 seconds and then some time for the apps/music lists to come up and then some for booting the apps...
- Animal Crossing doesn't work with their new firmware 1.02, they don't give you the option to downgrade and at the current speeds of the ds-x team, I wouldn't expect it to work in the coming half year.
- Their damn slow with their updates.
- Their damn slow at everything, skinning program was promised when it was launched, still no sign of it at all.
- Their so damn slow.
- Their slow because they'd like to perfect things first before they release, but when they release something it's fucked up anyway (AC not working in newer firmware 1.02) and they don't just give a B update quickly to fix it again (shouldn't be to hard I guess cause it worked in 1.01) but they just wait another year for it or something.
- Their sloooooooooow.

The pros of ds-x:
- Better download play compatibility
- Nice music anymations with their LED's
- Simple drag and drop by USB port, is quicker then having to take MicroSD out and so
- USB port should be able to allow debugging for homebrewers, but I don't think it does so yet, perhaps next year
- Appart from Animal Crossing, the compatibility is pretty good
- The homebrew support is quite good as well, but I think the FAT lib using applications still corrupt files

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

kawlex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just wanted to say that my DS-X works perfectly,
and I feel a little bit sorry for the DS-X Team, because they made a great product, had some gread ideas, but had some bad problems with the production, what wasnt their fault.

Sasuke-Guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The cons of ds-x:
- They're production is seriously fucked up, they've had 4 batches, in the first 2 they had many carts with wrong sizes so they wouldn't fit in the ds correctly so it wouldn't be detected, the 3rd batch was delayed for like 2-3 months, the fourth batch suddenly had some different type of ram, so the whole batch didn't work at all untill the update which came about a month later.
I wwas in the first batch, no probs
- The OS takes some time to load, I think it was about 3 seconds and then some time for the apps/music lists to come up and then some for booting the apps...
Cant u wait a while
- Animal Crossing doesn't work with their new firmware 1.02, they don't give you the option to downgrade and at the current speeds of the ds-x team, I wouldn't expect it to work in the coming half year.
true, but firmware 1.0.3 would fix that
- Their damn slow with their updates.
ok..
- Their damn slow at everything, skinning program was promised when it was launched, still no sign of it at all.
i can agree with u on that, but skinning manually is easy too
- Their so damn slow.
u said that already >.>
- Their slow because they'd like to perfect things first before they release, but when they release something it's fucked up anyway (AC not working in newer firmware 1.02) and they don't just give a B update quickly to fix it again (shouldn't be to hard I guess cause it worked in 1.01) but they just wait another year for it or something.
lol
- Their sloooooooooow.
SHUT UP!!
The pros of ds-x:
- Better download play compatibility
- Nice music anymations with their LED's
- Simple drag and drop by USB port, is quicker then having to take MicroSD out and so
- USB port should be able to allow debugging for homebrewers, but I don't think it does so yet, perhaps next year
- Appart from Animal Crossing, the compatibility is pretty good
- The homebrew support is quite good as well, but I think the FAT lib using applications still corrupt files

nds_gamerz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would like some input on what you guys think of the memory it has. only 512mb? do you think thats enough for future games? i was thinking about either getting the m3 pro or the ds-x. the m3 pro almost still has my vote. but i still want to hear more about this ds-x from people that do own it. thank you.

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i would like some input on what you guys think of the memory it has. only 512mb? do you think thats enough for future games? i was thinking about either getting the m3 pro or the ds-x. the m3 pro almost still has my vote. but i still want to hear more about this ds-x from people that do own it. thank you.
No M3 Pro. Why? Its more expensive than the simply. requires a passcard, and has pretty much non-existant GBA support. Get The R4 or the Simply. The DS-X seems to have more issues than it does advantages, and flashing leds doesn't get me in the mood to drop $125 on a card that does the same thing as a $40 one.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A lot has been said about the 512mb already.....check the older posts, the biggets fights were from people saying that it's just right to have 4-5 games on your cart, because you make sure you play them trough before moving to the next one, and other like me were claiming that a micro sd version with more memory was the way to go.......
Really you'll find a lot of lines about this in the old tread, but you'll have to use the big SEARCH button on the top of the page, 'cause I don't have al ink at hand at the moment....

urforce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, i just got my ds-x, i was so happy after waiting for 2 months, cause i though this should be the ultimate card there is! Well, i run into some problems:

it has no qkin problem, the firmware is 1.0.2, i formatted and updated a lot of times (FAT), and i have problem running some games, which supposedly should be working according to Scorpei in wiki

now, for example, i was trying to load FF3 (which gives me WSOD), anyone has the same problem with me about running games? Lucky you who has no problem with their ds-x, i don't even know if this is a software of hardware problem, have fun!

urforce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, i just got my ds-x, i was so happy after waiting for 2 months, cause i though this should be the ultimate card there is! Well, i run into some problems:

it has no qkin problem, the firmware is 1.0.2, i formatted and updated a lot of times (FAT), and i have problem running some games, which supposedly should be working according to Scorpei in wiki

now, for example, i was trying to load FF3 (which gives me WSOD), anyone has the same problem with me about running games? Lucky you who has no problem with their ds-x, i don't even know if this is a software of hardware problem, have fun!

Sasuke-Guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Whats ur reason for double posting the same thing
huh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway