Hacking do NOT get a dsx

ThadSharpe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally, I think the addition of a USB connector directly on the card is a fantastic idea (as long as it is durable). No need to screw around removing the micro SD cards. I have always been a big fan of "the less moving parts the better" theory.

KirbyPink

Trophies
XP
Country
Look, whatever card you get is up to you. I can tell my reason.
lecture.gif

First i was going to get a M3. But mom took her dang time to get me cash for it.
unsure.gif

Then i heard about the DS-Xtreme. It was a 1 slot function .
wub.gif

I only wanted a cart to play games. And that´s mainly way everyone else gets a flash cart right? To play games on it.
So, okay Ds-Xtreme as it´s good and bad points. I for one want Animal Crossing working but there is still other games one can play. It´s 1 game go buy it. So simple said. If you don´t like Ds Xtreme and someone other like it. So?

Should you not buy a game if the review was 4.5 yet your friend says it rocks?
Or all your friends say the game sucks but the review for the game is 9/10?
And should you not play something cause your friends say: Pokemon are for kids and it sucks?

It´s up to one self to get what he/she want.

spas

Trophies
XP
Country
This thread has caused a public outrage its bad that we even bothered responding to it but we did!!

The ds-x is going to have problems its the first slot one for gods sake.

The integrated memory is great if it was cheaper to make. I would prefer a usb connection to a micro SD but when micro sd is dirt cheap I will go with it.

SERIOUSLY how many times a week are you going to want to put new shit on a slot one, unless you are a serious home brew developer you are not going to need to need putting another file on the your cart every 5 minutes.

The ds-x is good although it has problems.

The people from Hak5 showed it and super endorsed it without mentioning any other carts (hmm marketing?).

The ds-x is too expensive in the UK its 80 pounds that 160 dollers (roughly) in the uk a gameboy DS lite is 100 pounds another 20 and you could buy another lite. The price drops are coming soon as well and if the ds makes it down to say 85 to 90 people in the uk are not going to touch the ds-x.

THIS IS THE PROBLEM!

ds-x has not changed it price to compete with the m3 and the r4 and the SC one yet it needs to or its going to get raped.

PROBLEM END

If your using are or are thinking of using the ds-x or any other flash cart to play games you don't even own or never have any intention of buying on your DS then shut up these companies are giving you every game that is dumped to play for the price of 2 or 3 games in the shops. Most of the times with the massive advantage that these carts give us I think sometimes we should just appreciate them a little.

Reviews are important to make up your view they should not make your decision you should do that based on your own "COMMON SENSE" and if you don't have any well I suppose you could always buy the ds-x!

Sasuke-Guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Look, whatever card you get is up to you. I can tell my reason.Â
lecture.gif

First i was going to get a M3. But mom took her dang time to get me cash for it.Â
unsure.gif

Then i heard about the DS-Xtreme. It was a 1 slot function .Â
wub.gif

I only wanted a cart to play games. And that´s mainly way everyone else gets a flash cart right? To play games on it.
So, okay Ds-Xtreme as it´s good and bad points. I for one want Animal Crossing working but there is still other games one can play. It´s 1 game go buy it. So simple said. If you don´t like Ds Xtreme and someone other like it. So?

Should you not buy a game if the review was 4.5 yet your friend says it rocks?
Or all your friends say the game sucks but the review for the game is 9/10?
And should you not play something cause your friends say: Pokemon are for kids and it sucks?

It´s up to one self to get what he/she want.

Great post man.
Your like the only guy who would say that, i admit that I like pokemon XD
yaynds.gif
gbasp.gif
nds.gif
gbasp2.gif

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't bash DSX. That's not so cool! If it is too expensive then don't buy it. It is for people who is willing to buy it.
smile.gif

stinkingbob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am a proud ds-x owner here. I am not biased towards it and I call things as I see it.
People were stating that the ds-x is slow. Honestly, I don't know what you are referring ot. Gameplay is the same as a retail cart. If you are referring about the time it takes to boot up when you turn on your NDS, then that doesn't count because it has to laod up the os and gui. The other carts don't have the fancy gui like the ds-x hence, they will laod up faster. But realistically, are you in such a hurry that you can't wait 2-3 seconds???
Most people hate hte ds-x because of the price. They just can't get over the $124 price tag even though they know it is the best cart out on the market. They are pissed becuse they couldn't afford it. So, in order to avoid saying the reeal truth, they invent untruths about the ds-x to discourage other people from buying it.

So, lets take a look at simple business strategy. If you are a company who is coming out with the first product of its kind, you would of course try to get the maximum amount of money that you could. At the launch time of the ds-x, it was the 1st slot 1 solution with drag and drop capability. No need to flash the ds, nearly 100 % compatibility with great homebrew support. No other company could match that. So, at the time, yes, a $124 price tag was justified and well worth it.
Remember when the first vcrs came out? THey cost around $2000. But as time went along and there was competition, the price dropped rather quickly.

So, we are seeing this now with the slot-1 cart wars. The ds-x has competition. That is great news. Would I have still bought the ds-x if the R4 was out. Nope. But I have no regrets of getting the ds-x. It is a great slot 1 dev.

So, with tht said, if you want a cart which has great homebrew compatibility, drag and drop ease of use, can be used on a mac, great interface, download play etc, then get a ds-x. If you don't care about download play and homebrew, then get the R4.
Its that simple( until a new slot 1 dev comes out).

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am a proud ds-x owner here. I am not biased towards it and I call things as I see it.
People were stating that the ds-x is slow. Honestly, I don't know what you are referring ot. Gameplay is the same as a retail cart. If you are referring about the time it takes to boot up when you turn on your NDS, then that doesn't count because it has to laod up the os and gui. The other carts don't have the fancy gui like the ds-x hence, they will laod up faster. But realistically, are you in such a hurry that you can't wait 2-3 seconds???

Most people hate hte ds-x because of the price. They just can't get over the $124 price tag even though they know it is the best cart out on the market. They are pissed becuse they couldn't afford it. So, in order to avoid saying the reeal truth, they invent untruths about the ds-x to discourage other people from buying it.
If it's about my post, I was mostly refering to the team and that their slow with updates and releasing stuff, I don't think the 3 seconds of loading before you can start mather that much, but it's still a little down side. Not as much as a downside as letting people wait a month before they can use their qkin corrupted carts at all though...

And DS-X is not "The best cart out on the market". Sure, it has it's nice sides, I think download play compatibility with like SM64, NSMB and MK is a nice thing ( even though I already have the originals of all of them, but then I don't have to drag them all with me all the time
wink.gif
) and well, the LEDs are quite nice too. But with all it's issues, like all the production issues already mentioned enough, but even on working cartridges with some games' savegames (Brain Training, Madagascar, Nintndogs, MonkeyBall), the homebrew FAT sometimes handled incorrectly causing corruption of random files, and of course their slow updates, it can't be called "The best cart out on the market".

stinkingbob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi Monkey,

You re correct then. They are extremely slow with putting out updates and I am disappointed about their support of the mac os. Maybe the team is busy working on the next new ds-x2!
In regards to my statement about it being the best out on the market, I was referring to its great support of homebrew, download play and ability to play games to flashed and non flashed NDS. No other cart can claim this.
Also, the crappy 4th batch of ds-x that hit the market was not the fault of the ds-x company. It was the manufacturers. They were probably trying to cut costs and use cheaper hardware components and it didn't work out. So, we can't blame ds-x for that, THey tell the comapny what to build and if the company uses inferior materials, whose fault is it? This happens in the usa all the time.
I am excited about the upcoming slot 1 devices hitting the market, but at the same time, a little apprehensive. It seems like everyday, a new device is being announced which supposedly has the same features as the one before it. Quality unknown. Best thing to do is to wait for the gbatemp review.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the time it takes to boot up when you turn on your NDS, then that doesn't count because it has to laod up the os and gui.

It's slow - but that doesn't count because it has to load a gui? lol.. So WinXP is slow, but that doesn't count because it has to load a gui..

As for the 4th bath - a consumer isn't interested in what the factorty that manufactures a product does. If they buy a Sony TV and it doesn't work when they receive it they don't say "Oh look, the factory sony uses is at fault" they say "fscking sony, sh1te quality since the entertainment department started making all the decisions".

If a ford car is faulty and kills 3 people, people don't care that it was a gasket manufacturer's part that failed - they pay ford money and so it is fords (or the ds-x company) fault if their is a problem, nobody else.

gbasho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone^^

i just have a few things to say, if ya don't mind me~

i have ds-x, r4ds, and ninjapass x9. i have used them and it's fun, but i really must agree with the OP. at the moment, there is no reason to justify the price of the ds-x. none. one can say 'if you have the money, then it shouldn't be an issue; get what you feel like,' but as a member of a truly helpful and informed community, i must say that i simply would not recommend a ds-x to a friend.

the LEDs are a novelty that quickly wear their welcome once the user realises a few things. they gnaw on batteries like snack cakes. they are not as fun to look at as the dual screens of the DS when you are playing your game. as far as the dancing LED is concerned, i find it useless. this is not to flamebait, but i find the mp3 player in the ds-x to be laggy and clunky; moonshell is better. i could not see myself using the built in media player of ds-x over moonshell. period. moonshell even allows one to control the playing mp3 while it's shell is closed; whether or not the ds-x can do that i'm not sure, but i doubt it.

it's been mentioned that the gui takes awhile to load. yes, that it does. a few seconds as was pointed out. but for what? 4 relatively (i.e. compared to other skinned offerings from competitors) ugly icons. the game menu has not slide button. on mine at least i had to spam the stylus tip at the game i wanted to play in order to. this is my problem. if i pay a premium price (yes, premium compared to other cheaper and arguably better products) then i should expect premium performance, no? if you go to restaurant and purchase a 125$ dollar steak, shouldn't it taste better than a 40$ one (80$ if you include teh micro sd)? I shouldn't have to wait indefinitely for Tableware 1.0.3 to enjoy my 125$ steak!

compared to the r4ds, the ds-x just should not be recommended to anyone. maybe if it were 50$ or so, but it's not. it's more expensive, it's more laggy, it's team is slower, it feels more shoddily made and the usb port makes me nervous. the team hides behind words like perfection, but they don't even release a little taste to anyone. they should release a taste like the r4 team; the r4's new update lets the 6 button soft reset to r4 main menu... from within the game! if the ds-x had that over the other carts, maybe 120$ is justified, but please, name one thing the ds-x can do that an r4 can't?

homebrew? DLDI will (is at this moment) fix that soon.
download play? meh, i'm sure that'll get fixed soon, if not still doesn't justify the price.
LED? no thanks, i enjoy gametime more than dancing LED; i'll keep my battery time.
limit to 512MB storage only? ^^;

for some 512MB is wonderful. for others no. some people would like to use the ds as a multimedia with the movies and mp3. 512 won't cut it. i certainly would not get a 125$ 512MB mp3 player. for you to develop your homebrew? not for 125$ when there are cheaper alternatives (DLDI is here, remember?). putting the roms for the 8 games i legally own, half of which are 128MB? maybe a Christmas miracle could fit them all on there, but why wait for a miracle when you can have something cheaper now?

oh, and i talk about the r4 more than the m3 b/c it gets updated more frequently for right now it seems.

aaand, to be honest, i think that the ninjapass may in fact end up better than the current hardware version of the ds-x, that's just my opinion^^

well, i'm done typing, i really hope i didn't offend anyone.

gbasho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, also. is there going to be an update to the reviews to take into account new happenings in the slot-1 scene? if the ds-x got a 9.5, i wonder what the alternatives would get now...

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cool or not, I just don't see what justifies the pricetag. I could get 3 other slot 1 cards for that much. Hell, you could get a shiny new DSLite for that much. It all boils down to the price/performance ratio for me.

junfeng85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I dun understand what is the problem with DS-X besides the high price. Would someone kindly tell with most of the cons of DS-X? I was thinking of importing 1 because its the few slot 1 cart that have the abilty to display the game's icon and the nicest looking interface (as nice as g6 lite that i own) How long is the loading time of the game. I would be okay with about 7s but love the 3s loading time of my g6 lite. Thanks in advance! ('v')

PS:Is it true that animal crossing cant run well on DS-X(ala supercard SD on default setting). That is an instant no sale for me because my gf is addicted to the game.

The cons of ds-x:
- They're production is seriously fucked up, they've had 4 batches, in the first 2 they had many carts with wrong sizes so they wouldn't fit in the ds correctly so it wouldn't be detected, the 3rd batch was delayed for like 2-3 months, the fourth batch suddenly had some different type of ram, so the whole batch didn't work at all untill the update which came about a month later.
- The OS takes some time to load, I think it was about 3 seconds and then some time for the apps/music lists to come up and then some for booting the apps...
- Animal Crossing doesn't work with their new firmware 1.02, they don't give you the option to downgrade and at the current speeds of the ds-x team, I wouldn't expect it to work in the coming half year.
- Their damn slow with their updates.
- Their damn slow at everything, skinning program was promised when it was launched, still no sign of it at all.
- Their so damn slow.
- Their slow because they'd like to perfect things first before they release, but when they release something it's fucked up anyway (AC not working in newer firmware 1.02) and they don't just give a B update quickly to fix it again (shouldn't be to hard I guess cause it worked in 1.01) but they just wait another year for it or something.
- Their sloooooooooow.

The pros of ds-x:
- Better download play compatibility
- Nice music anymations with their LED's
- Simple drag and drop by USB port, is quicker then having to take MicroSD out and so
- USB port should be able to allow debugging for homebrewers, but I don't think it does so yet, perhaps next year
- Appart from Animal Crossing, the compatibility is pretty good
- The homebrew support is quite good as well, but I think the FAT lib using applications still corrupt files

Just wanna thank you for the reply. Its just what i wanted to know. No animal crossing = no sale. Arggg....

Sasuke-Guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This thread holds no purpose, no one can just come and tell people what to buy and what not to buy, i bought a ds-x way before when it came out(well close to it), first batch, worked perfect, now i see the r4 ds is almost as good as the ds-x, but i dont care, some people do, not me so? get it if u want, and hate it if u like, i enjoy being a ds-x owner, and soon enough we will get what we want in firmware 1.0.3.

gbasho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread holds no purpose, no one can just come and tell people what to buy and what not to buy, i bought a ds-x way before when it came out(well close to it), first batch, worked perfect, now i see the r4 ds is almost as good as the ds-x, but i dont care, some people do, not me so? get it if u want, and hate it if u like, i enjoy being a ds-x owner, and soon enough we will get what we want in firmware 1.0.3.

i feel that this thread does have a purpose, even though perhaps not the best possible title. this site appears to me to be a site whose purpose is to give information, reviews, opinions, etc. people come to sites such as this to be given suggestions and opinions to guide their decision to purchase or not purchase a product, or else there would be no real point of reading various card reviews, no?

if have seen several threads that ask "which slot-1 should i buy." this shows that there is a demand for such information, as shown by one users reply of "Just wanna thank you for the reply. Its just what i wanted to know."

that being said, i know that as a consumer, i would want someone to provide me informations to help me buy only a worthy product. i know that there are some people to whom 125$ is hardly pocket change, but in my case, that's a lot more than i'd like to spend on some product just to be disappointed and yes, at the moment i am disappointed in the ds-x. i was disappointed when i got it about a month after i had ordered it... from a store in my country. i was disappointed when i opened the box and found a partially cracked (along the seem, not plastic itself) ds-x held together only by what seemed as flimsy little tabs, compared to competing products which look and feel exactly like a real cart. i was disappointed when i find out that my LED came on and stayed on irregardless of my .ini settings and whether or not i had the clamshell closed until i actually launched the ds-x OS, thus eating my battery. i was disappointed when i experienced for myself the relative sluggishness of the ds-x that i feel should not exist in a premium product from a 'perfectionist' team. i am disappointed for all the people who waited and waited for their ds-x only to be greeted by the 'qkin error' wsod'ing their every attempt to enjoy their expensive little paperweight (to be fair, qkin has been fixed).

at this moment in time, i feel ripped off. i feel like i've payed too much for an inferior product and i regret my purchase. i have a ds-x that works, i like it. it's useful. but i wouldn't pay more than 50$ for it and the only reason i did was because it was the only slot-1 solution at the time i ordered it, but not by the time i received it. i mean, the alternative would have been poking inside my ds lite with a rolled piece of aluminum foil or something; i chose to pay the price for convenience, but now people don't have to.

i am not saying that the ds-x is trash, rubbish, useless. it's quite a good product, but at the moment there is no way that i can say that it is worth it's price. AND there is no way at all that i could recomment the ds-x to ANYONE looking to buy a slot-1 at this moment. period. i can't in good conscience do that.

that being said, i've read on the ds-x forums that there will be no 1.0.3, but rather a... 1.1.0 that would be released 'soon'? i don't know what 'soon' is, but if it's like the 'soon' as in 'your ds-x will arrive soon' then count me out.

i am not saying that the new firmware is or is not worth the wait, but that anyone looking for a card now may be (probably be?) better off with something else like an R4 (since it's updated more frequently than M3 although their hardware seem to be beyond similar).

everyone is entitled to buy what he or she wants, however if your friend was intereseting in buying a 250$ ds cart sized piece of 'magic paper' with 'ds-awesome' hurriedly scribbled on it in crayon, wouldn't you kinda wonder about him? wouldn't you try to help inform him? sure he can get what he wants to now, and hate it later, but i know that i would at least try to steer him in a more logical direction, especially when there are better alternatives out there...

i know the ds-x firmware upgrade will be great. it will have to be, considering all of the cart's relative shortcomings. if the ds-x team fails to do anything major, then in the wake of the R4/M3 they shall stay. i really wish that team ds-x would release smaller demonstration betas (jeez, even team ninjapass is) instead of the uber-secret big delay ones.

since i *do* have a ds-x at the moment, i will wait for the firmware, i will wait for months if need be, since i've waited months already. maybe it will improve, maybe it won't. i read the the ds-x's skinning engine is so powerful that it can even be made into a calculator, but i don't care since i buy the cart for homebrew and backups, not for gorgeous os. the ds-x is the most powerful slot-1 on the market, i hear. who knows, maybe it can even emulate psp games or run windows vista or os-x, but i don't care since it's limited to 512MB of storage. i think i am just stupid and uncreative, but i can think of nothing that could make use of the power of the ds-x that will not be encumbered by the restriction of 512MB and be something that the R4 can't do. well, maybe it can run gba games from slot-1, but i have a psp too and if you've ever had the pleasure of using the psp firmware 3.03 oe-b, then you know that the psp is capable of running emulators of every single console i can think of from intellivision to playstation 1 in perfect emulation. so maybe the ds-x new firmware upgrade *MAY* be useful to people without psp, but since the ds-x team won't say what the new firmware can/cannot do, i cannot say for sure.

i am glad you are happy, sasuke, i really am, but as for me i am way more happy with the alternative and i wish that someone would have caught me before i made the purchase of the ds-x. in light of that, i think that you would be much, much more satisfied with the cheaper R4. Here
s a sample of the fun of the R4/M3, and did i mention soft reset from within an .nds is now possible? i wish my ds-x could do that =(

Sasuke-Guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

i feel that this thread does have a purpose, even though perhaps not the best possible title. this site appears to me to be a site whose purpose is to give information, reviews, opinions, etc. people come to sites such as this to be given suggestions and opinions to guide their decision to purchase or not purchase a product, or else there would be no real point of reading various card reviews, no?

if have seen several threads that ask "which slot-1 should i buy." this shows that there is a demand for such information, as shown by one users reply of "Just wanna thank you for the reply. Its just what i wanted to know."

that being said, i know that as a consumer, i would want someone to provide me informations to help me buy only a worthy product. i know that there are some people to whom 125$ is hardly pocket change, but in my case, that's a lot more than i'd like to spend on some product just to be disappointed and yes, at the moment i am disappointed in the ds-x. i was disappointed when i got it about a month after i had ordered it... from a store in my country. i was disappointed when i opened the box and found a partially cracked (along the seem, not plastic itself) ds-x held together only by what seemed as flimsy little tabs, compared to competing products which look and feel exactly like a real cart. i was disappointed when i find out that my LED came on and stayed on irregardless of my .ini settings and whether or not i had the clamshell closed until i actually launched the ds-x OS, thus eating my battery. i was disappointed when i experienced for myself the relative sluggishness of the ds-x that i feel should not exist in a premium product from a 'perfectionist' team. i am disappointed for all the people who waited and waited for their ds-x only to be greeted by the 'qkin error' wsod'ing their every attempt to enjoy their expensive little paperweight (to be fair, qkin has been fixed).

at this moment in time, i feel ripped off. i feel like i've payed too much for an inferior product and i regret my purchase. i have a ds-x that works, i like it. it's useful. but i wouldn't pay more than 50$ for it and the only reason i did was because it was the only slot-1 solution at the time i ordered it, but not by the time i received it. i mean, the alternative would have been poking inside my ds lite with a rolled piece of aluminum foil or something; i chose to pay the price for convenience, but now people don't have to.

i am not saying that the ds-x is trash, rubbish, useless. it's quite a good product, but at the moment there is no way that i can say that it is worth it's price. AND there is no way at all that i could recomment the ds-x to ANYONE looking to buy a slot-1 at this moment. period. i can't in good conscience do that.

that being said, i've read on the ds-x forums that there will be no 1.0.3, but rather a... 1.1.0 that would be released 'soon'? i don't know what 'soon' is, but if it's like the 'soon' as in 'your ds-x will arrive soon' then count me out.

i am not saying that the new firmware is or is not worth the wait, but that anyone looking for a card now may be (probably be?) better off with something else like an R4 (since it's updated more frequently than M3 although their hardware seem to be beyond similar).

everyone is entitled to buy what he or she wants, however if your friend was intereseting in buying a 250$ ds cart sized piece of 'magic paper' with 'ds-awesome' hurriedly scribbled on it in crayon, wouldn't you kinda wonder about him? wouldn't you try to help inform him? sure he can get what he wants to now, and hate it later, but i know that i would at least try to steer him in a more logical direction, especially when there are better alternatives out there...

i know the ds-x firmware upgrade will be great. it will have to be, considering all of the cart's relative shortcomings. if the ds-x team fails to do anything major, then in the wake of the R4/M3 they shall stay. i really wish that team ds-x would release smaller demonstration betas (jeez, even team ninjapass is) instead of the uber-secret big delay ones.

since i *do* have a ds-x at the moment, i will wait for the firmware, i will wait for months if need be, since i've waited months already. maybe it will improve, maybe it won't. i read the the ds-x's skinning engine is so powerful that it can even be made into a calculator, but i don't care since i buy the cart for homebrew and backups, not for gorgeous os. the ds-x is the most powerful slot-1 on the market, i hear. who knows, maybe it can even emulate psp games or run windows vista or os-x, but i don't care since it's limited to 512MB of storage. i think i am just stupid and uncreative, but i can think of nothing that could make use of the power of the ds-x that will not be encumbered by the restriction of 512MB and be something that the R4 can't do. well, maybe it can run gba games from slot-1, but i have a psp too and if you've ever had the pleasure of using the psp firmware 3.03 oe-b, then you know that the psp is capable of running emulators of every single console i can think of from intellivision to playstation 1 in perfect emulation. so maybe the ds-x new firmware upgrade *MAY* be useful to people without psp, but since the ds-x team won't say what the new firmware can/cannot do, i cannot say for sure.

i am glad you are happy, sasuke, i really am, but as for me i am way more happy with the alternative and i wish that someone would have caught me before i made the purchase of the ds-x. in light of that, i think that you would be much, much more satisfied with the cheaper R4. Here
s a sample of the fun of the R4/M3, and did i mention soft reset from within an .nds is now possible? i wish my ds-x could do that =(
Ok i do agree with most of what u said... expensive price, slow updates, no skinning engine, so yea... but we shouldnt just sit and wait for them to release stuff, we have to keep on demanding, i bet there will be one day where they release some awsome updates and keep their work up to date, but how far they've been going now, its a bit hard to say...

gbasho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya know sasuke, i hope we don't hafta wait too long; hopefully team ds-x'll upload teh uber farmwire before the month is over.

i know if i were working on something exciting as i hope the new release will be, i wouldn't be able to wait to show the world what i've been working on.

sometimes i wonder what they're doing, team ds-x. mebbe the reason the cart is clipped together plastic instead of a fitted case held together by a screw like other carts is because team ds-x is a start-up group without a factory as effiecient as the ones the established vendors use. maybe the team ds-x snaps them together themselves, which i guess would take time away from making a firmware... i dunno

but 'perfection' and heavy testing being reasons why they haven't released a software doesn't sit well with me, mainly because they release almost a whole batch of qkin wsod error carts, carts whose problem is seen simply by trying to attempt to load a game one time (two times?)...

maybe if enough ppl spam requests at them, they will give some of the ds-x user community a working beta so that they can report back to the rest of us?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters