Hacking Do I need to tell my dad to cancel his credit card?

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've used my dads credit card on psn before and now it's been hacked and credit card details MAY be compromised, I'm really worried and freaking out because if my dad knows, he will literally kill me...Please guys, help me out.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
gifi4 said:
I deleted the details off my psn account so is it still a concerning matter?
Right, so stuff magically vanishes from a hacker's archive when you delete your details on the online psn account?
I deleted the details after I used the card a few months ago, so any chance you can answer the question now?

ecko

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
probably best to still tell him.
you might get punished now, but i think it would be far worse if the hacker actually uses the CC and your dad finds out it was your fault

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
We don't know if the credit cards details has been leaked.
Most probably, they shut down the server because users could use "fake" credit card numbers while buying PSN content on the developers PSN version.
Developers PSN didn't check credit cards number, as everything is free to download.

It's not that your dad's credit card number has been compromised.

But he can still ask to change his card, for safety.

Edit :
Ok, after reading the front page news, it seems Sony believes the credit cards infos have been compromised, so yes you better tell your father to change it.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan said:
We don't know if the credit cards details has been leaked.
Most probably, they shut down the server because users could use "fake" credit card numbers while buying PSN content on the developers PSN version.
Developers PSN didn't check credit cards number, as everything is free to download.

It's not that your dad's credit card number has been compromised.

But he can still ask to change his card, for safety.

Edit :
Ok, after reading the front page news, it seems Sony believes the credit cards infos have been compromised, so yes you better tell your father to change it.
This was on the news serveral hours after I posted this, so I didn't have to end up saying anything, he knows and he checks his statement each day just incase.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==