Homebrew Question Do I have too many sys-modules loaded?

DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Currently running on latest system FW (10.0.1) with Atmosphere 0.11.1 (Kosmos package) and Hekate v5.1.4, and using these sys-modules:
  • Tesla
  • sys-clk
  • sys-ftpd-light
  • sys-con
  • emuuibo
  • ldn-mitm
When all of these are active, and I try to open up the Homebrew Menu via Album or launch any game, it causes a (Hekate?) panic crash (Title ID: 010041544D530000 - Error Desc: std:abort() (0xFFE)). If I disable just one of bolded I have listed, I get no crash. But reactivating them all in Tesla will cause the panic crash again. However, if sys-clk is the only one disabled, and I reactivate that in Kosmos Toolbox, I get an Atmosphere Error screen (Error Code: 2010-0011 (0x160a) - Program: 00FF0000636C6BFF). The thing though is that all the General Purpose Registers are blanked, PC is 0, Backtrace start address is 0 as well as the entire BT array. Am I loading too much?

Now, I can disable some that I don't use, such as ldn-mitm and sys-con (maybe sys-clk unless that's required for homebrew like melonDS to be overclocked), but I just wanted to make a point of this in case I choose to add other sys-modules that tickle my fancy.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Currently running on latest system FW (10.0.1) with Atmosphere 0.11.1 (Kosmos package) and Hekate v5.1.4, and using these sys-modules:
  • Tesla
  • sys-clk
  • sys-ftpd-light
  • sys-con
  • emuuibo
  • ldn-mitm
When all of these are active, and I try to open up the Homebrew Menu via Album or launch any game, it causes a (Hekate?) panic crash (Title ID: 010041544D530000 - Error Desc: std:abort() (0xFFE)). If I disable just one of bolded I have listed, I get no crash. But reactivating them all in Tesla will cause the panic crash again. However, if sys-clk is the only one disabled, and I reactivate that in Kosmos Toolbox, I get an Atmosphere Error screen (Error Code: 2010-0011 (0x160a) - Program: 00FF0000636C6BFF). The thing though is that all the General Purpose Registers are blanked, PC is 0, Backtrace start address is 0 as well as the entire BT array. Am I loading too much?

Now, I can disable some that I don't use, such as ldn-mitm and sys-con (maybe sys-clk unless that's required for homebrew like melonDS to be overclocked), but I just wanted to make a point of this in case I choose to add other sys-modules that tickle my fancy.
Yes, you are out of memory as i've been told by one of the devs in discord. I faced similar issue when having 4-5 sys-modules active at the same time...not with hb menu tho but when bringing up the search in RA (and doing some other hb related stuff too). Disabling 1 sys-module (any one of them) made the problem disappear.

I have sys-con, sys-ftpd light, sys-clk, tesla, SaltyNX/NX-FPS (it counts as a sys-module too if im not mistaken). I just ended up using ftpd homebrew ver. instead of a sys-module.

Last edited by bad361,

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have to ask yourself that, yhan you probably are. Specifically though, you shouldnt have emuiibo and ldn_mitm active because they are memory hogs. If you can have 4 active but not those two at the same time.

DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
If you have to ask yourself that, yhan you probably are. Specifically though, you shouldnt have emuiibo and ldn_mitm active because they are memory hogs. If you can have 4 active but not those two at the same time.
Reason why I asked is because I thought I had them all enabled at some point in the past without issue, but with recent changes to the official FW, and many modules having to be updated to work, there was also the possibility of conflict. I don't understand how it all works together, nor do I know of each one's memory requirements. I know when I first started making this thread that one of the suggested threads to look into had the memory issue, but he also had quite a few more modules than I had.

Would be nice if there was a general way to be able to read how much available memory there is for modules, and a warning if activating one could go over the limit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast