[DML] Pokemon XD black screen after nintendo logo

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Zetha, Jun 13, 2014.

  1. Zetha
    OP

    Zetha Member

    Newcomer
    12
    0
    Jun 6, 2014
    Canada
    Hello everyone, sorry to bug you.
    Using DML, I have managed to load a few games(Battle for Bikini Bottom,SSBB,Animal Crossing).
    When running Pokemon XD, my screen will stay black after the Nintendo logo.
    I'm currently using Wiiflow, so any advice using that would be useful.
    (I'm using an NTSC wii FYI)
     
  2. Hozu

    Hozu GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    268
    60
    Aug 25, 2010
    Canada
    I had no problems with this game, aside from using the oldest, most ancient versions of DML. One of the early revisions back when you had to patch the MIOS.
     
  3. Zetha
    OP

    Zetha Member

    Newcomer
    12
    0
    Jun 6, 2014
    Canada
    Do you know what version that was perhaps?
    And what version do you use now?
     
  4. Hozu

    Hozu GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    268
    60
    Aug 25, 2010
    Canada
    No idea, but I had no problem with every single DML release where no patching was required (ie. 1.0 onwards). Well aside from occasional freezing that doesn't happen with an official MIOS, even when playing off the real disc.
     
  5. Zetha
    OP

    Zetha Member

    Newcomer
    12
    0
    Jun 6, 2014
    Canada
    Did you compress it at all?
    Or what filters did you use on it?
     
  6. Hozu

    Hozu GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    268
    60
    Aug 25, 2010
    Canada
    I've had it work with various methods - the unaltered .iso, compressed, extracted. All on either DML or DM.

    You should see if it runs on Dolphin or something, maybe you have a bad .iso. I ripped mine from my disc, so...
     
  7. Zetha
    OP

    Zetha Member

    Newcomer
    12
    0
    Jun 6, 2014
    Canada
    Thanks, I scratched my disk(irrelvelant) so I couldn't rip the .iso of the disk.
    I searched through tons of websites, most of them had bad .iso files(I found out through dolphin) .
    Eventually I found a working one so I loaded it up with DML and it worked :)
    Thanks for your time!