crashtron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dldi_drop_screen1.jpg

Because I will get my M3 DS Simply in some days and I am really felt in love with all the great homebrew that was released the days. I thought it would be helpful to have a nice tool to patch this apps for my M3.

I don’t like to use the terminal for every homebrew I want to test so I decided to develop a little droplet application for Mac OS that could sit in your Dock or your Finder toolbar. You drop the homebrew on it and get a list of devices to patch the homebrew for, choose one and done. You could copy the patched app to your card.

dldi_drop_screen2.jpg

So I build an small Xcode-Applescript project. I did some applescript, compiled dlditool 1.23 as an Universal build and included it. I also included the devices patches and I done a nice icon and now here is “DLDI Drop”.

Have fun!

nds_lite_128px.png

DLDI Drop Download

I don’t have my M3 yet so please let me know if it is working for you!

PS: I want thank Chrishm to let me included dlditool and the patches into my app.

sylver78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Ok I've installed the application, added a link in the dock, but when i'm droping a .nds on it, DLDI is bouncing then nothing happens
frown.gif
(not device list or anything)
Is there some additional steps to do for your tool to work ?

sylver78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I've got MacOS 10.4.8, Intel Processor (Macbook Pro)
I've found something strange :
macbookpro:/Applications/DLDI Drop.app/Contents/Resources sylver$ ./dlditool
ZeroLink: could not load .o file: /Users/jan/Documents/Development/dlditool/build/dlditool.build/Debug/dlditool.build/Objects-normal/i386/main.ob
Bus error

Edit :
I replaced dlditool with the downloadable macos version but no luck it's still not working
frown.gif

Is there anything that I can do to find the problem ?

sylver78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I now have a list of device that appears
smile.gif

But it's not patching anything
frown.gif

I still have the dlditool error using the terminal :

macbookpro:/Applications/DLDI Drop.app/Contents/Resources sylver$ ./dlditool
ZeroLink: could not load .o file: /Users/jan/Documents/Development/dlditool/build/dlditool.build/Debug/dlditool.build/Objects-normal/i386/main.ob
Bus error
macbookpro:/Applications/DLDI Drop.app/Contents/Resources sylver$

sylver78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Ok it seems to work now (nds file is modified after droping it in the DLDI Drop tool).
Running dlditool from terminal doesn't crash anymore.
I'll do more testing about the validity of the patch now (got a supercard MiniSD) but I really think that it'll be OK
smile.gif

Thanks for the support
wink.gif

Sylver

Edit : Successfully tested with "ScummVM 0.9.1a beta2 with DLDI support". It tries to run the driver configured with DLDI drop
smile.gif

Great work guy it's working great and will be really usefull
smile.gif

Edit2 : I have a little question : if there is a new driver for a new flash kit, will adding the .dldi in the directory be enought to see it in the list or will we have to wait for a new version of dldi drop ?
biggrin.gif

quikkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For some reason, when I choose what device I want it closes. Am I missing something else I need to download or is it just crashing on me?
I am running the latest update of Tiger on a C2D Macbook.
Something I would suggest for both this and the trimDrop program would be a "Success" message, or something to notify you that it is working properly.
Thanks!

vandergus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great app crashtron. I've been using it for about a week and it works great with my R4. There's not a lot out there for Mac's right now but this is a good one. A couple suggestions if you don't mind...

I second some sort of 'success' message. Maybe with a 'Don't show me this again' check box for those that would find it annoying.

I also think it would be nice to pick a card patcher that would be used every time (I would choose the M3 simply/R4 for example) and save yourself an extra click. It could be a really slick one step process.

I don't know how difficult it is to implement these sorts of things but I thought you would like some feedback. Thanks for the app!

spooon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great app crashtron. I've been using it for about a week and it works great with my R4. There's not a lot out there for Mac's right now but this is a good one. A couple suggestions if you don't mind...

I second some sort of 'success' message. Maybe with a 'Don't show me this again' check box for those that would find it annoying.

I also think it would be nice to pick a card patcher that would be used every time (I would choose the M3 simply/R4 for example) and save yourself an extra click. It could be a really slick one step process.

I don't know how difficult it is to implement these sorts of things but I thought you would like some feedback. Thanks for the app!

I 2nd this. Please add if possible. Great app for mac folks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill