Gaming DL DVDs to use in order to burn brawl

webjedi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Incase it'll help anyone I've had success following the instructions in post #14 using ImgBurn with Verbatim DVD+R DL 8x and a NEC DVD-RW ND-3520AW.

Happy Smashing.

phaerun

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i ordered online my verbatim +R 2,4 DL so they send me made in india
tongue.gif

before starting to bitch i thought i should try and burn my rip.
i burned the first copy and worked like a charm. my wii is release date wiikey 1.9g admittedly not heavily used p.
gave the same disk to a friend with brand new wii with d2ckey and it cannot even read it.

burned a 2nd copy (from the same lamo disks). again works like a charm for me. no green letters /error in videos. again for him it it cannot even read it p

dunno if it was the rip that his wii/d2ckey cannot stomach or that d2ckey is very selective in media or if the wii has issues (it is brand new like 10 days old).

but from my experience so far it depends alot on wii drive.

NextStep

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ocdetective said:
NextStep said:
ocdetective said:
4. Use quality +R DL media - check this website to be sure you do have quality media (dont just rely on brand name but actually check the media ID as well)
http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

i used to check that site back when i was burning ps2 games. it gave me great advice, and got great quality burns from good media ID verbatims.

but now with dual layer and all, it's abit outdated. a lot of the newer models aren't shown there.

is there a newer source with a more complete database?
I dont think you will find a more exhaustive database - this one does contain the well know Dual Layer mediacodes such as MKM001, MKM003, Ritek D01, CMCMAG D01, RICOHJPN D00 etc
Not sure how many are missing - but as you can see codes tend to fall within one category so say you received a CMCMAGD04 it can be safe to categorise it the same as a CMCMAGD01.

i see, but mine are Ritek-S04-66 (Memorex). when i checked the site i couldn't find it, but i used them anyways and got 2/2 successful burns.

i'm guessing it should be in the same category as Ritek G04? (that's the closest thing -name wise- there is to it).

and maybe it's just in my case that it can't be found on that site. just my luck.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
That Media code is used in quite a few brands such as memorex, imation, traxdata and ridata. Agreed consensus is quality is variable. Here is a user submitted site that gives feedback on +R DL media.
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia?dvdmedia...h+or+List+Media

The results as they are user submitted might not be a scientific as the digitalfaq site - but still useful I think.

NextStep

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ocdetective said:
That Media code is used in quite a few brands such as memorex, imation, traxdata and ridata. Agreed consensus is quality is variable. Here is a user submitted site that gives feedback on +R DL media.
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia?dvdmedia...h+or+List+Media

The results as they are user submitted might not be a scientific as the digitalfaq site - but still useful I think.

thank you, that is the site i think i needed.

you're right, not as scientific as digitalfaq, but it's gonna be hard to find another one like digitalfaq.

just one thing though, is the ratings (i.e. good, poor, mixed) set by the site? or by user ratings? if it's the latter, then it'd be even less scientific.

edit: just re-read ur post. it's user submitted.

Selxis

Trophies
XP
Country
use memorex dvds. They ALWAYS work. I tried mediarange at first, they sucked. Then I tried memorex, it works.

edge68

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
burned 4 fujifilm discs at 1x 2.4x 4x and another 2.4x, my wii could not read the disc. I rented the game to find out if my wii's laser had problems reading dual layer discs and it did not so I bought a 20-pack of verbatim 2.4x made in Singapore burned at 4x and it works without a problem.

I used imgburn
No layer break
verbatim 2.4x from Singapore
LG Drive (gsa-h62n SATA Dual Layer)
Used most of Richieroro's steps on post 14, 4x instead of 2.4x and no layer break (Thanks richieroro!)

Goodluck!

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
is this the thread where we post what media we used to get a working copy?

Here are my settings:

US wii @ 3.1
wiikey 1.9g
crappy laptop burner
2 DL-DVD+R memorex 2.4X

both JPN and US versions work flawlessly

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
It should be remembered that many brands such as Memorex and Imation use more than one media code and it is the media code not the brand that is important.

stuckfugu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
woytek said:
stuckfugu said:
I have these verbatim discs:

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...mp;catid=25891#

and I get a disc read error half the time and the other half a white screen. I think I got the beginning sequence to start once..but it didn't even give me time to skip it.

I burnt at 2.4x speed using Imgburn, and some LayerBreak at 2084960

any help please? I really don't want to use waste another disc, so if anyone had success with these verbatims, please tell me your settings?

Are those Verbatims made in India?

ok so mine are made in india...I'm gonna give it one more try.

so can someone answer these questions for me:

1. should I use a layer break?

2. and would it be beneficial to burn it with nero instead of imgburn this time?

3. and lastly should I burn it at the same speed, lower or higher?

thanks

bmon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a same issue with fujifilm +r DL .. burned about 6 of them on 3 different burners on imgburn and none worked.. see a disk on the menu but locks up on intro movie and get a can not read disk green error.. guess will have to go with verbatim.

ucablca

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wii: NTSC
Chip: WiiKey 1.9s
Media: Verbatim DL DVD+R (Singapore)
Burned at: 2.4x
Used custom layerbreak: Yes and No

I burned one with and one without custom layerbreak, and though the game plays fine during multiplayer and most modes, sometimes the video will cause it to freeze up and say that the disc is dirty, especially during SSE. The DVD5 version works perfectly, but of course I've trucha signed to loop all of the videos. I think it's probably the laser, but perhaps it's the media. I might like to try the Memorex, but anybody here with the same setup as me not having issues?

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
i can confirm that Aone DVD+R dual layers work perfectly for brawl, burn them at 2.4x speed and you are set to go, and they are cheap too
biggrin.gif

would you care to post your setup plz m8. ive tried these and verbs too , all at 2.4x 4x with and without LB. all fail
frown.gif
i get as far as the white green and then green text "Eject disc, power off wii etc"

My setup.

NTSC Wii
Wiinja Deluxe V3
Optiarc AD7200-S DVD DL
Verbatim DVD +R DL (singapore) 2.4x

ive been using imgburn and followed all instructions in post #14, but still i get the green text. about given up tbh. my media is good right?

anyone else with a similar setup got this to work?

tia

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
KTroopA said:
jalaneme said:
i can confirm that Aone DVD+R dual layers work perfectly for brawl, burn them at 2.4x speed and you are set to go, and they are cheap too
biggrin.gif

would you care to post your setup plz m8. ive tried these and verbs too , all at 2.4x 4x with and without LB. all fail
frown.gif
i get as far as the white green and then green text "Eject disc, power off wii etc"

My setup.

NTSC Wii
Wiinja Deluxe V3
Optiarc AD7200-S DVD DL
Verbatim DVD +R DL (singapore) 2.4x

ive been using imgburn and followed all instructions in post #14, but still i get the green text. about given up tbh. my media is good right?

anyone else with a similar setup got this to work?

tia

bump. any ideas plz?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...