Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
from IGN.com:
QUOTE said:
Famitsu reports that one of the games, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, will be getting more than just a control update. Nintendo will be changing the gimmicks found in each stage, repositioning enemies, and adding mid-level check points. On top of this, those who played the GameCube original can look forward to completely new stages.

As for the control changes, Nintendo appears to be converting Jungle Beat into a more traditional platformer. The original had a unique control system that made use of the GameCube's bongo controllers. For the Wii version, you control Donkey Kong with the analogue pad on the nunchuck, and make him jump with the A button. The game does use motion controls for a few moves, including punching at enemies and performing continuous jumps.

For the Play it on Wii Selection version of Pikmin, Famitsu makes no mention of additional content aside from the new control scheme. To control the game now, you, as expected, point directly at your Pikmin using the Wiimote. You can point at locations on the screen and press A to toss Pikmin around. Or, you can press B to call out to the Pikmin.

These first two Play it on Wii Selection titles hit Japan in December, with Donkey Kong coming first on the 11th and Pikmin following on Christmas Day.

source: http://wii.ign.com/articles/929/929327p1.h...mp;RSSid=929327

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Changing the control in Jungle Beat, even if the Wii is very suited, means fail in my book. Part of the whole reason Jungle Beat was fun was because of the controls.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Alright, this sounds good! I reaaly want this game, and the Wii version seems to be shaping up nicely.

I do hope that it will be possible to use the GC Bongo's. This control scheme seems alright, but for the people with Bongos it should have Bongo support.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Wii is great, now I can finally play Donkey Kong Jungle Beat with super innovative nes-style controls, instead of the dull bongo's with which we play all everyday games!

I'd like to see the new levels though, so I'll probably be downloading it, not gonna pay for a worse version of one I already own.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I do hope that it will be possible to use the GC Bongo's. This control scheme seems alright, but for the people with Bongos it should have Bongo support.
Yeah, agreed, I'm still holding onto my bongos until the day I get to use them again. I only ever played Donkey Konga with them, so Jungle Beat and Donkey Konga 2 & 3 are still waiting
smile.gif

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a modded Wii? You should really hunt down a backup of Jungle Beat. One of the most under-rated games out there. This game was designed for bongos first, and it plays great. Really fun when you can get huge combos going. Boss battles are fun too. I really doubt they will keep bongo support in the "wiimake". They didn't even keep bongo support for DK barrel blast, and that was designed for the GC with bongo controllers from the start. Face it - the bongos are dead. GameStop had a clearance last year where you could buy DK Jungle Beat + an extra bongo controller for $10 - and they had a tough time selling them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: