DK Jungle Beat wiimake getting new levels

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by CockroachMan, Nov 12, 2008.

Nov 12, 2008
  1. CockroachMan
    OP

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    from IGN.com:
    source: http://wii.ign.com/articles/929/929327p1.h...mp;RSSid=929327

2. Sc4rFac3d

Member Sc4rFac3d GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Netherlands
    Changing the control in Jungle Beat, even if the Wii is very suited, means fail in my book. Part of the whole reason Jungle Beat was fun was because of the controls.

3. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Alright, this sounds good! I reaaly want this game, and the Wii version seems to be shaping up nicely.

I do hope that it will be possible to use the GC Bongo's. This control scheme seems alright, but for the people with Bongos it should have Bongo support.

4. Monkey01

Member Monkey01 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    The Wii is great, now I can finally play Donkey Kong Jungle Beat with super innovative nes-style controls, instead of the dull bongo's with which we play all everyday games!

I'd like to see the new levels though, so I'll probably be downloading it, not gonna pay for a worse version of one I already own.

5. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Yeah, agreed, I'm still holding onto my bongos until the day I get to use them again. I only ever played Donkey Konga with them, so Jungle Beat and Donkey Konga 2 & 3 are still waiting [​IMG].

6. Lazycus

Member Lazycus Rotten

United States
    Do you have a modded Wii? You should really hunt down a backup of Jungle Beat. One of the most under-rated games out there. This game was designed for bongos first, and it plays great. Really fun when you can get huge combos going. Boss battles are fun too. I really doubt they will keep bongo support in the "wiimake". They didn't even keep bongo support for DK barrel blast, and that was designed for the GC with bongo controllers from the start. Face it - the bongos are dead. GameStop had a clearance last year where you could buy DK Jungle Beat + an extra bongo controller for $10 - and they had a tough time selling them.

7. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    thats kind of stupid to not add bongo support, i still have my bongos for the gamecube and this game too.