ROM Hack Divinity Original Sin 2 No-Steam Cross Save Guide

sykoknot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured out how to get this working and thought I would share.

Prerequisites

• Confirm both PC client and Switch game are up to date. (PC 3.6.48.3268) (NX 1.0.01 or 3.6.47.7023)

• Checkpoint installed.

• Ftp is recommended.

1. Start the game on switch at least once and create a manual save game.

2. In checkpoint create a backup.

3. If you just updated your PC client, you must run it and create a manual save game there as well. Name it "Switch" for convenience.

4. Navigate to your PC game profile in documents. (C:\Users\USER\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\PlayerProfiles\USER)

5. Open the save backup from your switch. (/switch/Checkpoint/saves/0x010027400CDC6000 Divinity Original Sin 2)

6. Copy the three .lsb files from your PC player profile folder to the /Profile/ folder on your checkpoint backup. Confirm overwrite of profile.lsb

7. On PC open /Savegames/Story/Switch (if you named your save Switch)

8. In the checkpoint backup open the most recent save folder (Save000"x")

9. Copy the .lsv and .png from PC save to checkpoint backup folder.

10. Delete old saves in checkpoint backup and rename the PC ones to the same names they were. (Save000X.lsp / .png)

11. Go up a folder in your checkpoint backup and open the _title_Save000"x" in note pad.

12. Change the contents to "Story - Switch".

13. Now restore in checkpoint and you're all done.

14. Open game on switch and go to Story > Load campaign.

There might be some unnecessary steps in here but this is how I got it working. Current versions and profile.lsp is imperative though. This should in theory work the other way around by just copying the save game itself back over to PC but have not tried it to confirm.

Last edited by sykoknot,

lestat_11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
with the witcher 3 that connects to your steam saves and downloads that direct in to the game cant you do the same with this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.