Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
ChuckBartowski said:
I know these graphics that they are showing can be better. Just look at games like SMG2 and compare the graphics. Why dont developers put more effort into the graphics on wii games when they can look so good!?

Granted, Super Mario Galaxy 2's overall bright and whimsical style is quite different from the dank, melancholy setting that Epic Mickey is going for. I really wouldn't know much on the subject, but style can make a radical difference in terms of optimization and whatnot.

That being said, I did notice that the game chugs a bit in the framerate, even in the trailer. AND the paint/thinner mechanics still don't convince me, as they don't seem to be going anywhere by the looks of this video. However, I can't really judge this game until I play it, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubts.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have to say this game looks absolutely amazing imo! In every imaginable way!

I think it will be able to give me a sense of adventuring I haven`t had in a long time. That`s something I think took a step back these days with the more action oriented approach in gaming, which I find very unfortunate...

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shaunj66 said:
I don't understand the praise this game is getting. It just looks so average to me... Not interested at all.

For the same reason a mediocre star wars/trek game can get praise. People are more interested in the lore than the actual game.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ossot said:
shaunj66 said:
I don't understand the praise this game is getting. It just looks so average to me... Not interested at all.

For the same reason a mediocre star wars/trek game can get praise. People are more interested in the lore than the actual game.
Hardly true. I've not ever played or kept up with Star Trek games, but i can tell you that when a Star Wars game ends up mediocre or bad, people don't praise. Where were you when Obi Wan, Force Unleashed (and its sequel), and some of those horrible GBA games came out? People attacked them to death. Even Force Unleashed 2 is getting negative criticism for being short and having a god awful story.

Even Mickey has had a shaky history. Last i heard, Magic Mirror and Hide and Sneak on Gamecube (despite being Mickey games) were horrible games with lousy reviews. And if you want a perfect example of a game that in your logic should be getting universal acclaim just based on lore, look at Fantasia on Genesis. Or better yet, don't look at it seeing how horrible it is. I'm a resident Disney fanboy if there ever was one (at least, classic disney). You won't find me giving praise to any of these games. Your assumption is flawed and foolish. Same goes for Star Wars as well (which i am also a pretty big fan of, i don't stand by most of the prequel trilogy OR the bad games).

There's hope and anticipation for this game for many reasons. One is the head of development, who has a history with making blockbuster games. Secondly, there actually have been a lot of good and even great Mickey games. Mickey Mania, Magical Quest trilogy, and the Illusion series are perfect examples. So far, Epic Mickey to me shows a lot of promise. Besides being a solid looking platformer with some nice 2D bits, the painting and erasing element looks great. Character interaction looks very well done. There is supposed to be a ton of content and branching paths that you can take depending on your choices. And lots of replay value assuming the endings are worth getting. The worlds themselves look very well designed and have a unique flair to them. So if i was judging the core platforming elements, maybe the game would be standard and nothing exciting. But it's the accumulation of all the elements that has me excited.

WalterCool

Trophies
Website
www.slash.cl
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
2 yr ago since the 1st time of EM first trailer/images?

Epic Disney is now the new Duke Nukem Forever
biggrin.gif

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WalterCool said:
2 yr ago since the 1st time of EM first trailer/images?

Epic Disney is now the new Duke Nukem Forever
biggrin.gif
Except that Epic Mickey is actually coming out

I'm still disappointed they took out the 3 mickey forms, but it shouldn't change much

Specter's got a good track record I hear & I love platformers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Psi likes to milk beavers lol