0Rekj.jpg

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait, what?
if i had something like an official star wars fan id card, i'd be burning it while in tears now. lol

Because he's won recognition from the Academy Awards for his work and he's an expert on the art of story structure. He actually gives seminars on the subject (some of which include lectures on why the finale to the original Star Wars is a cinematic accomplishment).

I know it's been awhile since a Star Wars film has been made by people with a degree of competency, but this is a change that should be welcomed, not cried over.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

suppow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because he's won recognition from the Academy Awards for his work and he's an expert on the art of story structure. He actually gives seminars on the subject (some of which include lectures on why the finale to the original Star Wars is a cinematic accomplishment).

I know it's been awhile since a Star Wars film has been made by people with a degree of competency, but this is a change that should be welcomed, not cried over.
hate me if you will, but contrarly to popular opinion, i do like episode II and III, better than the original ones, which i did see back then in the original order, so i saw IV V VI, I II III, i still like the last two better, and every time i see all of them again, i still do, but that's just me and my taste. lol

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hate me if you will, but contrarly to popular opinion, i do like episode II and III, better than the original ones, which i did see back then in the original order, so i saw IV V VI, I II III, i still like the last two better, and every time i see all of them again, i still do, but that's just me and my taste. lol

Oh, don't worry, I don't hate you.

I do wonder if it hurts to be so, so wrong, though.

Reactions: Guild McCommunist

suppow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, don't worry, I don't hate you.

I do wonder if it hurts to be so, so wrong, though.
lol, :lol:. dont worry, i do see the flaws, and the not so good acting at times, and the excess in FX all the stuff that everyone complains, i see it and i agree.
but from a story point of view, i like the story arc of those better, and i like the characters better,
for example, i like the character of Qui Gon a lot, and young Ben too (it's interesting), and the acting for Anakin wasnt good, but the more aspects given to the character was interesting for me,
i also agree with the excess and missuse of CGI, but i think being able to see Yoda fighting was cool,
and i do like Amidala and the customs they used for her, but i already liked Natalie Portman though, lol
also, by the time the new movies came out, i had seen the orignal starwars movies so many times maybe i was a little bored of them.
but that's just my explanation of why i like them better, i'm not saying i think the new ones are better than the old ones.
also, etc.

suppow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw the originals first, then the prequels. The only one I truly dislike at all is Episode II. My favorites in order are VI, III, V, IV, I, II
same here, but the one i liked the least (because i thought it was boring) was ep I, but i like that it has Qui Gon in it - the only one, ep II and III didnt :cry: no surprised since he died lol.
i'm guessing you disliked ep II for how emo anakin was? hahahaha

i didnt know what order to show my girlfriend the movies,
so i just went I - VI (dont kill me), and she liked I-III better,
my younger cousins i'm guessing saw I-III first, and probably didnt even see IV-VI much, since they dont know much about them =/

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
same here, but the one i liked the least (because i thought it was boring) was ep I, but i like that it has Qui Gon in it - the only one, ep II and III didnt :cry: no surprised since he died lol.
i'm guessing you disliked ep II for how emo anakin was? hahahaha

i didnt know what order to show my girlfriend the movies,
so i just went I - VI (dont kill me), and she liked I-III better,
my younger cousins i'm guessing saw I-III first, and probably didnt even see IV-VI much, since they dont know much about them =/
I didn't like Episode II because the love story was generic, poorly written, and cheesy beyond belief. Plus, the love story basically monopolized the movie, with nowhere near as much Star Wars esque action as there should be, except the Coruscant chase in the beginning, and then none until the last 30 or 40 minutes. Also the lightsaber duel at the end was easily the worst and most anticlimactic of the whole series. Yoda was kinda cool, but the shock factor wore off after the first time you saw it, and that part of the battle only lasted 40 seconds.

suppow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't like Episode II because the love story was generic, poorly written, and cheesy beyond belief. Plus, the love story basically monopolized the movie, with nowhere near as much Star Wars esque action as there should be, except the Coruscant chase in the beginning, and then none until the last 30 or 40 minutes. Also the lightsaber duel at the end was easily the worst and most anticlimactic of the whole series. Yoda was kinda cool, but the shock factor wore off after the first time you saw it, and that part of the battle only lasted 40 seconds.
lol, you might be right, but if you ask me abou the love story i barely notice it, i guess i'm always thinking about the whole clone wars stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1