Colors 3D Snivy!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
aNE3d.jpg

George Lucas is set to sell his production company LucasFilm to Disney for $4.05 Billion, half of which will be paid in cash, the other half in about 40 million shares of Disney.

Lucas said in a statement that it is “now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of filmmakers.”
The acquisition by extension also means Disney will own LucasArts, Industrial Light & Magic, and Skywalker Sound.

Kathleen Kennedy who acted as the co-chairman of LucasFilm will take over as President of LucasFilm, George Lucas will be a creative consultant on future film productions including the announcement of Star Wars Episode 7, slated for 2015.

Source

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Disney + Star Wars = NO It will feature musical numbers with Jar Jar Binx as the lead singer.
Disney are more responsible than that.
Marvel hasn't been damaged by the acquisition as far as I can tell, and they're more responsible with their IPs than you think.

kimekaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disney has handled the major Star Wars events in the United States for the last 20 years. They have also been host to the ONLY Star Wars theme park attractions since before then. Not only that, they have a huge staff of talented and responsible people dedicated to preserving and pushing brands. They are the perfect fit for companies like Marvel and Lucasfilms - who have great franchises that they may not be able to dedicate the necessary funding to push to new levels.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm can you have to much Star Wars..? I've been a HUGE fan since I was young, I've loved the LEGO, the movies(still have them) and the games. But now I am kinda done with Star Wars to be honest, it is epic yes that's true but I am convinced that 6 episodes are more then enough.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Star Wars name is really getting demeaned now.

And that;s saying alot considering the last fifteen years or so.
Great. That means more of this.
We'll see.
Maybe Disney will actually have the sense to release unedited original editions of episodes 4-6 on DVD and Blu-ray.

So no crap like this:
%C3%84ndereung_Anakin.jpg

Edits like this just insult the audience's intelligence.

Reactions: raulpica

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess Disney don't think what Avengers 2 will make that year will be enough for them!

I've never been a Star Wars fan, I can appreciate why people like the first two films but for me...nope, tried them several times never got into them at all. A New Hope & Empire, nice enough films but they pass me by. I mean I'm into most stuff geeks like but Star Wars I could never get into.

Personally to me, Lucasfilm have damaged the brand more than anything and with how well they've handled Pixar and Marvel I see Disney fixing a lot that is wrong with the franchise and having the capital and clout to actually get talented people on board so we don't get something incredibly boring like Eps 1-3 and Jedi were. While Disney has made some crap, I can't see them doing any worse than Lucasfilm themselves. This is franchise I can see them really getting behind and putting effort into because it'll pay off.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
It will be interesting to see what comes of this. It's good that Lucas will still be there as a consultant and a major shareholder so he will have some say on this. (I actually didn't know that Marvel had been acquired as well so judging by some of their latest works, that can't be THAT bad.)

As of now the the 6 existing episodes have already been redone to death from from about every imaginable point of view through different video games and lots of reading between the lines (between the official episodes ... AND after them) also already including a 7th movie, clone wars, so if
they don't add some new, main, movie material soon they're likely to run out of wiggle room eventually.

That said, even though I haven enjoyed pretty much all Star Wars additions over the years, I also feel like EVERYTHING since the original trilogy has felt like sort of tacked on to the already completed work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: shit like goku mui and beerus and other dbs stuff lmao