TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
As for the story, they did write books about the post-Episode VI stuff. It's also not unreasonable to make it take place many years after Episode VI, perhaps hundreds or thousands of years, and show how the defeat of the Empire expanded over the years. The Jedi have "returned" but mind you there was only two of them (Luke and Leia) and there are no remnants of the Sith. That's an imbalance in the Force, shit can go down, perhaps a descendent of Skywalker is involved, there's a lot of stuff open.
Someone already posted this earlier, but Disney announced that the new Episode would A) follow Luke, Han and Leia, and B) not follow the 'previously canon' expanded universe, and be a completely original story instead. So unless they change their mind, it won't take place thousands of years later.

Also, Bringing "balance" to the Force, the destiny of the Chosen One, meant destroying the Sith. Balance didn't mean there being both Jedi and Sith alive.

Edit: I imagine this happened sometime in the past few weeks...

George Lucas: "I'm going to make Episode VII."
Obi-Wan Kenobi : "You don't NEED to make Episode VII."
George Lucas: "I don't need to make Episode VII."
Obi-Wan Kenobi: "You should sell Star Wars to Disney."
George Lucas: "I should sell Star Wars to Disney."
Obi-Wan Kenobi: "You should move on."
George Lucas: "Moving on, moving on..."

Reactions: suppow

Rockym

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Disney wasted no time in using their new acquisition. R2-D2 and C-3PO appeared on this past Friday's episode of ANTFarm. They were trying to get George Lucas' autograph for a scavenger hunt and went to his ranch to try to get it and the droids were tending the gate. Lots of other Star Wars references as well.

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
...what was the last time Disney made a live-action film that didnt suck?
Others have already gone but I do feel the need to mention again that Disney own touchstone pictures ( http://www.imdb.com/company/co0049348/ ) and many see that as their would be "perhaps not so family friendly" brand, I can agree that some of their recent output was not on par with their 90's output (love me some Enemy of the State) and missing everything from there would not leave me missing much, but it is not like they are consistently bad (ignoring the step up franchise of course). I know I promised to dig up the article detailing some of their accounting practices but I have to run shortly.

they also owned Miramax from 1993 until 2010. that's a lot of film history right there.

suppow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the main problem i guess i see with disney movies is:
1) they usually go nowhere
2) when they do go somewhere it's
> a) obvious
> b) and takes a long time to get there. (more than it should)

*) are also unwatchable. lol

Disney was only good in the 1920s :lol:

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Why does everyone keep saying Disney "made" The Avengers? They did no such thing. Marvel Studios did, and I guess if you want to say Disney owns them, so therefore by extension they made it, well, sure, you can have that one. Just be aware that the only difference is the change of ownership. Marvel as a whole remains untouched (for now) by Disney.

All Disney did with The Avengers was distribution.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, unless Disney got LucasFilms in this deal, anything they do with Starwars is just going to be milking the franchise name. In fact, I was at Disney World the other day and I can swear, a whole half of the main gift shop was StarWars toys and shit.

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, unless Disney got LucasFilms in this deal, anything they do with Starwars is just going to be milking the franchise name. In fact, I was at Disney World the other day and I can swear, a whole half of the main gift shop was StarWars toys and shit.
read the first post, maybe?
btw, what else was Lucas making with the franchise, besides milking it?

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Why does everyone keep saying Disney "made" The Avengers? They did no such thing. Marvel Studios did, and I guess if you want to say Disney owns them, so therefore by extension they made it, well, sure, you can have that one. Just be aware that the only difference is the change of ownership. Marvel as a whole remains untouched (for now) by Disney.

All Disney did with The Avengers was distribution.
Supposedly, it'll be the same thing with Lucasfilms. It's not like they're changing anyone in charge, except for Lucas himself (who'll still be a consultant on the new films).
This isn't a particularly new thing. I remember I went to MGM Studios (one of the Disney parks), and it has a crap ton of Star Wars stuff. This was when I was like 8, too (14 years ago!).

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
i see some major ass-kissing going on here :glare:
well, I think some of them are just being honest, but considering they haven't chosen a director yet, it wouldn't surprise me if that was the intention of some of them. funny enough, the only one there showing some doubt was JJ Abrams, you know, because Star Trek, perhaps?
Oh, so they didnt make those 6 movies? Sorry, LucasFlims in massive green letters must have distracted me.
sure, he made them 6 movies...then he made a lot of Special Super-Duper Editions, unnecessary changes, different DVD releases, an seemingly endless Clone Wars cartoon that varies in story quality...that's pretty much milking the cow. btw, there's always been toys, plushies, clothes, etc.

with this deal, at least now we'll actually get A NEW MOVIE.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

suppow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I think some of them are just being honest, but considering they haven't chosen a director yet, it wouldn't surprise me if that was the intention of some of them. funny enough, the only one there showing some doubt was JJ Abrams, you know, because Star Trek, perhaps?
i'm guessing since they're in film business they wouldnt want to diss Disney, you know.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

sure, he made them 6 movies...then he made a lot of Special Super-Duper Editions, unnecessary changes, different DVD releases, an seemingly endless Clone Wars cartoon that varies in story quality...that's pretty much milking the cow. btw, there's always been toys, plushies, clothes, etc.

with this deal, at least now we'll actually get A NEW MOVIE.

By disney, from a 9 year old series. How was this good news again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy