twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Pics of your wife, or it did not happen

:tpi:
:rolleyes:
:D

Unfortunately, she would probably kill me in my sleep if I posted any. She is also very brilliant, and is completing her Masters in Library Media Education, so she can complete her dream of becoming a school librarian. She LOVES books, probably more than me. LOL

But since she is so brilliant, if she killed me, she would probably get away with it, so yeah, I shouldn't post any, sorry.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dimok I think what I said, was interpreted incorrectly, and it was in no way any sort of attack against you. What you did is very brilliant. I was just saying that the functions used through the official rpls would be very difficult to reverse every one of them without using the SDK documentation as a reference, and there is only a small sample of all of them on wiiubrew.org. There I go again, by using "small", someone will bend my words that I am saying that there isn't anything documented on there, but if you did it without looking at the official SDK documentation, then I am even more impressed by the amount of time that would have taken.

I also understand the new libraries you updated for libogc. I think the biggest issue is the wording I use. It's harder to convey the meaning in words, than by speaking to somebody. Plus, ever since my TBI, my thoughts are very disjointed, and I may even repeat the same thing twice in the same line, which causes me to have to re-read my posts a lot, and also which makes writing code now take a very long time compared to before.

But thank you for clarifying my fear of why it was not working, and don't take me as not using any of your stuff as a knock against you or anything. I would use your libraries to make my stuff compatible with your software, but there are some things I like to test and do on my own, so I get the accomplishment of doing it myself. If all I did was use somebody else's work in my own, I would not feel accomplished at all.

At any rate, I do see what you've done in your source code, the problem is that on 5.5, it can't be fully utilized yet, and I am truly sorry if what I said offended you in anyway. I'll stop now, before I say anything else that can be twisted.

Ok it seems there was a missunderstanding. I jumped to conclusions too quick and missinterpreted your post. I am sorry for that, it is my mistake. And you are right, posts, emails, etc. can be really missleading and the only proper way to talk to a person is a direct conversation. Of course I understand that you cant run your things on HBL and as I said to you before I fully understand that you dont want to write stuff for some firmware you cant even test on. I also see now that you were challenging yourself to get the sound library to run and that it is a very good reason to not use someone elses stuff.

You did an amazing job on Loadiine GX2 ! I spent hours trying to understand your code and eventually i managed to make a working code (just to display an image on TV screen :P). Now i'm looking into your code again because deallocating all my shaders pointers causes problems when i want to set a new shader. I'll try your solution to deallocate asynchronously (using mutex and a new thread).
Just know that your work is a huge help for other developpers ;)

That is amazing. I would really love to see another application using GX2 as the engine and its great that you already have an image and know how to work with the shaders. If you need any help on how to use some GX2 functions or with some shader code or even just want to get the shader code I used, contact me here or on IRC and I can provide you that information. Its all not a secrect and there is nothing copyright about it either. I wrote most of it myself or used some open sources GLSL examples, e.g. FXAA example, and therefore can share all of it.

Last edited by dimok,

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok it seems there was a missunderstanding. I jumped to conclusions too quick and missinterpreted your post. I am sorry for that, it is my mistake. And you are right, posts, emails, etc. can be really missleading and the only proper way to talk to a person is a direct conversation. Of course I understand that you cant run your things on HBL and as I said to you before I fully understand that you dont want to write stuff for some firmware you cant even test on. I also see now that you were challenging yourself to get the sound library to run and that it is a very good reason to not use someone elses stuff.

That is amazing. I would really love to see another application using GX2 as the engine and its great that you already have an image and know how to work with the shaders. If you need any help on how to use some GX2 functions or with some shader code or even just want to get the shader code I used, contact me here or on IRC and I can provide you that information. Its all not a secrect and there is nothing copyright about it either. I wrote most of it myself or used some open sources GLSL examples, e.g. FXAA example, and therefore can share all of it.
In the future, I will make my apps compatible to be loaded by your app, I would be stupid not to, as it is really a great interface for people to use. Right now, I am still exploring this system, and the only way to fully get everything from it, is to see what I can and can't do.

I was curious about the GX2 library, am I correct that it is similar to OpenGL? I haven't explored GX2 yet, although it could really improve the graphics of anything I make, although I haven't made anything crazy enough to need a full fledged 3D graphics library. Plus most of the testing applications I am using for my research purposes do not need great graphics, only the ability to find what I need.

Reactions: vgmoose

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,
Nintendo has decided that they decide what people do on their own devices. They've decided this so much to the point that the Wii U's operating system self-updates. As the users, we have the power to take back control. Yes this is a righteous cause, and no we should no condemn people for wanting freedom. (perhaps we can condemn the actually whiny ones though).
THAT is something I don't understand.
In Canada, there's a new law that has been implemented in the very late Harper's era. It says that now, companies are not allowed to install stuff on consumers computers without their agreement. It also states that just clicking "i agree with the term of use" is not enough to allow them to install everything the company want on consumer's computer, even if it is stated in the term of uses. The consumer must clearly understand that they are about to install stuff, and they are allowed to refuse them.
So here's my question, why Nintendo can escape from the law?
First, i don't remember having agreed for auto-update.
secondly, now that the law has been adopted, I should be able to refuse the update, right?
It's not like if I agreed to anything when I bought my console, right?
And even if I did, it must be clearly stated, like with an icon or something, that I'm about to update, and there MUST have an option to refuse the update.

Of course, I don't mind if Nintendo block me from e-shop or such service if I don't fully update my console, after all, it is what support means. it's the same with everything, if you have a bug with an electronic product, and you don't have the last version, then it's not the company's problem, you HAVE to fully update your product to have support. But with this law in Canada, you should have the choice to weither update your product or not, right?

Explain me please, is Nintendo wii u now illegal in canada?

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the future, I will make my apps compatible to be loaded by your app, I would be stupid not to, as it is really a great interface for people to use. Right now, I am still exploring this system, and the only way to fully get everything from it, is to see what I can and can't do.

I was curious about the GX2 library, am I correct that it is similar to OpenGL? I haven't explored GX2 yet, although it could really improve the graphics of anything I make, although I haven't made anything crazy enough to need a full fledged 3D graphics library. Plus most of the testing applications I am using for my research purposes do not need great graphics, only the ability to find what I need.

Yes you are right. It is very similar to OpenGL4. Though you will probably run into problems at some point trying to use it inside the browser exploit environment as you were having with the sound library.

Anyway lets not make any more off topic posts here and if you have more questions I would be happy to answer them in a pm or on IRC.

Reactions: brienj

eliboa

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you man, I will not hesitate to ask for your help ;) As for another app using GX2, I'm far from knowing how to work with the shaders :D I was working on a project (not to be released, just to learn and for fun) and was curious about how you handled gx2 dyn lib. As I knew nothing about C++, I spent some time trying to understand your code and make an homemade C code to display a simple pic. Actually I used some parts of your code without really unsterstanding them (shaders programs in particular). I really need to document myself but there are so much concepts to digest... Now I'm a little bit stuck with these memory issues when I set shaders in a loop but as I told you, your code is inspiring me again :D. I can see now how much can be achieved with GX2 lib and how much time you must have spent on your project!

Reactions: vgmoose and brienj

Whatnoww

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In Canada, there's a new law that has been implemented in the very late Harper's era. It says that now, companies are not allowed to install stuff on consumers computers without their agreement. It also states that just clicking "i agree with the term of use" is not enough to allow them to install everything the company want on consumer's computer, even if it is stated in the term of uses. The consumer must clearly understand that they are about to install stuff, and they are allowed to refuse them.
secondly, now that the law has been adopted, I should be able to refuse the update, right?
And even if I did, it must be clearly stated, like with an icon or something, that I'm about to update, and there MUST have an option to refuse the update.

Of course, I don't mind if Nintendo block me from e-shop or such service if I don't fully update my console, after all, it is what support means. it's the same with everything, if you have a bug with an electronic product, and you don't have the last version, then it's not the company's problem, you HAVE to fully update your product to have support. But with this law in Canada, you should have the choice to weither update your product or not, right?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this fully explained in the terms of agreement in the console itself?

Regardless, if it where like the Wii, where you could refuse the updates, it would be a lot nicer for us. Since we can't do that on the Wii U, I guess it is kind off illegal in Canada?

Canada likes to make these laws, and then promptly ignore them, or simply not enforce them unless somebody makes a claim.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If I understand Nintendo's stance on the issue correctly, they are allowed to do it because the system is not a "computer", but a proprietary hardware device that is used ONLY to run licensed software from Nintendo. Even apps like Youtube and the like are licensed programs released by Nintendo. As such they are allowed to push and install automatic updates to the device to assist with "maintaining stability"

Last edited by Aroth,
D

Deleted User

I don't think a new update is the reason why kexploit is private, it's more they know Nintendo can easily patch this vulnerability, so they prefer it not goes public because it could alert Nintendo thus release a patch. Right now homebrew on Wii U is a privilegy for a few.
Damn golly gee, what a swell reason! Nintendo can just patch the exploit so lets just never release it!

Enaske

Trophies
XP
Country
So we count on Mario etc. what is now happen to Hykem? Is he really got "swated"? Or was it just fake, to get himself out of the Scene?

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So we count on Mario etc. what is now happen to Hykem? Is he really got "swated"? Or was it just fake, to get himself out of the Scene?
If there's anyone that can easily get out of the scene, it's hykem, it takes only few clics to change account :D.
The guy did a crazy amount of work reversing IOSU in wiiubrew, anyone who's motivated can pickup, he even explained ways to find vulnerabilities.

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I don't disagree with this argument, I just hate it. Why would it appear to have a good use if it's not even released? Devs aren't just sitting around daydreaming about what could be rather than what they can make.
You're kidding, aren't you? There's ddd, Homebrew Launcher, even those dinky games like C@VE and LOADS of userland things, and you still think that "Why does the exploit look so juicy to others?".

Let me tell you why, it's because, not just as developers, but as modders and experimenters, we want to go a lot further. We know the exploit can do many amazing things and unlock many occult features, and we even know that it can allow RAM editing and file replacement (in consequence of this, model, texture and audio replacement). Do you still think its appearance is not worth anything?

Continuing to intentionally keep a kernel exploit a secret is preventing these developers from creating new innovative homebrew.
I would love to continue bringing innovation to the homebrew scene, but am finding it very hard to find the inspiration when any homebrew I write is essentially a glorified web app.
Exactly this. The devs have clearly forgotten this, since we still have to make this simple, wimpy userland homebrew that is fun at a glance, but you grow tired of it after a while.

The reason people want to mod, and I've been saying this for a long time, is because they are bored of the original game. This is exactly why Mario Kart Wii has so many Custom Tracks. Can't you see? Anybody can make them, share them, and thanks to Wiimmfi, play them online.

Back when Incendia Castle was shown for Wii, everyone was amazed. Everyone was talking about how they'd love to have CTGP, and when it got out, everyone was playing it and saying how amazing it was.

Now, this magical excitement is at its minimum because of dev secrecy going on. It's absolute baloney not only for me, but for people who want to mod, too. Absolutely agree with that argument.

Last edited by lonemoonHD,

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I WANT THAT LAW IN THE US

Enaske

Trophies
XP
Country
If there's anyone that can easily get out of the scene, it's hykem, it takes only few clics to change account :D.
The guy did a crazy amount of work reversing IOSU in wiiubrew, anyone who's motivated can pickup, he even explained ways to find vulnerabilities.

So what happen to him? is he really gone?

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So what happen to him? is he really gone?
the only person we know who has direct contact with him is crediar, and he said they took all his stuff :), he's probably busy sorting more important things in his life than coming to this forum.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...