Homebrew [DISCUSSION] New Super Ultimate Injector (NSUI)

Vulpes-Vulpeos

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Thank you for creating thread, hope @Asdolo will take part in it.
At the moment I have a small list of games that have problems when using VC injection method.

NES:
- Afterburner - grey screen.
- Battletoads & Battletoads and Double Dragon - freeze after developers logos.
- Castlevania III - graphical glitches that make game unplayable.
- Elite - graphical glitches that make game unplayable.
- Crisis force - grey screen.
- Final Fantasy VII - grey screen.
- Micro machines - grey screen.

GBA:
- DrillDozer - injector thinks that there is no save cheap (it writes "nothing" in memory chip type field). The game can`t save properly.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Graphical glitches and most crashes come down to limitations of Nintendo's emulator. Only save support possibly comes into the injector's wheelhouse, although you might have to patch the rom too.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download Beta 27
Be sure to read the OP disclaimer below first.

NSUI-Beta.png

Before you ask, this is not the official release thread of New Super Ultimate Injector. This is just a temporary discussion thread involving the current betas of the program. If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to comment here. Issues with your NSUI beta? Go ahead, ask here and note the version of your beta. Once NSUI is officially released, this thread can be locked and/or moved.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own NSUI. @Asdolo is the original author of the program. I am not attempting advertisement, piracy, plagiarism or copyright infringement.
something very very minor nothing to worry about but even if you dont change the language and say just select the current one again it will make you restart again just something small

Wacko22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the moment I have a small list of games that have problems when using VC injection method.

NES:
- Afterburner - grey screen.
- Battletoads & Battletoads and Double Dragon - freeze after developers logos.
- Castlevania III - graphical glitches that make game unplayable.
- Elite - graphical glitches that make game unplayable.
- Crisis force - grey screen.
- Final Fantasy VII - grey screen.
- Micro machines - grey screen.

GBA:
- DrillDozer - injector thinks that there is no save cheap (it writes "nothing" in memory chip type field). The game can`t save properly.

Can you provide MD5s of the NES ROMs you used? Or maybe their regions? PAL ROMs aren't really supported in NES VC, so I would recommend switching to VirtuaNES or RetroArch (not QuickNES) for those. Unlicensed games can also have odd compatibility because of the different mappers used.

Also, which NES VC injection method was used?:

NES Virtual Console
NES Virtual Console (download play enabled)
NES Virtual Console (Alt)

Last edited by Wacko22,
Reactions: Asdolo

RandomMan25XX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
based on my experience using NSUI, if it doesn't in the stock vc then just use bubble2k16's emulators in the tool for the injections, usee Verdana for the text as it's the closest you'll get to the official, and GBA VC is NOT emulation it's hardware virtualization

Vulpes-Vulpeos

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Can you provide MD5s of the NES ROMs you used? Or maybe their regions? PAL ROMs aren't really supported in NES VC, so I would recommend switching to VirtuaNES or RetroArch (not QuickNES) for those. Unlicensed games can also have odd compatibility because of the different mappers used.

Also, which NES VC injection method was used?

I use USA (U region) roms and "NES Virtual Console method" for single player games and "NES Virtual Console (download play enabled)" for multiplayer games.

Battletoads - I have tried all 3 injection methods and all regions. Same goes for Castlevania III.

128 bit MD5 hash (calculated in OSX terminal):
battletoads (E) [!].nes = 8b9e2b0389b745e4e59a7170198b4056
battletoads (U) [!].nes = bbafead19c25b38a5a129bb8c51aaf8d
Battletoads (U) [Patch1.0 Ti (23.08.2015)] (BugFix).nes) = ad7541b54bc9c8aa1c32aa9ea5be9a30
Battletoads & Double Dragon (E) [!].nes = 60b886ed1a481c1985ba10b0a80299df
Battletoads & Double Dragon (U) [!].nes = 35933222cf8658f7c6679fc7de630aaa

Castlevania III - Dracula's Curse (E) [!].nes = 7b0e4b7b99d50ec459059ef617b1f848
Castlevania III - Dracula's Curse (U) [!].nes = d16a502d0125f23cc3d980ddc6b6f2e8
Castlevania III - Dracula's Curse (USA).nes = d16a502d0125f23cc3d980ddc6b6f2e8 (from emuparadise,same as rom above)
Castlevania III - Dracula's Curse (U) [Hack1.0 Dragonsbrethren (20.11.2005)].nes = 217019e266f04540b75726f3f1bb9338

Crisis Force (J) [T+Eng1.0 Stardust (24.12.2008)].nes = 4c8415dd3bb071883753a7ed41ae4436

I understand that there can be problems with unlicensed games and in general it is better to use emulators, but I am making a small collection of injections with icons looking like simplified cartridges, so list in my previous post is based on a small amount of "wasted" icons :)
[NES VC] injects preview.jpg

Reactions: Asdolo and Wacko22

E-Block

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a few different values that are used:

Ghosting:

0xC0:
Fire Emblem and the Sacred Stones, F-Zero: Maximum Velocity, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
0x90: Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Metroid Fusion, Wario Land 4, WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$
0x80: Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island

Those are the values directly in the code.bin. Lower values = more ghosting, which NSUI flips. So to convert a GBA VC ghosting value to NSUI's number, convert the value to decimal and subtract it from 255.

Well, in theory, but currently in NSUI everything is shifted, for example if you use the max 254 it sets 0x00 instead of 0x01. So right now you would instead subtract from 254.

So, to set the above ghosting values in current NSUI, the decimal values you would use are: 62, 110, 126 (respectively)
If this behavior is fixed, then the values will be: 63, 111, 127

Dark Filter:

"Strong dark filter":
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
"Soft dark filter": Fire Emblem and the Sacred Stones, F-Zero: Maximum Velocity, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Metroid Fusion, The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
"Middle dark filter" (not currently in NSUI): Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Wario Land 4, WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$
Thank you very much! I've found that Minish Cap's settings looked the best for the pokemon games.

pilladoll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico

GBA:

Same problem with GBA Boktai 2: Solar boy Django. NSUI beta 27 says that there's not save type (it puts "nothing") but beta 22 puts EEPROM 64k

RandomMan25XX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same problem with GBA Boktai 2: Solar boy Django. NSUI beta 27 says that there's not save type (it puts "nothing") but beta 22 puts EEPROM 64k
I would imagine that asdolo is fixing (or has fixed) that issue along with a number of others, if asdolo allows me to test beta 28 I will test the issue you're having along with a number of others I've personally encountered

Last edited by RandomMan25XX,
Reactions: pilladoll

Hopalongtom

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to use this to get Mario Advance 4 plus its patched e-reader levels working? My last attempts in each save format have just had the game claiming it needs to format its own save, and never getting past that screen!

Reactions: CatmanFan

JacKob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Colombia
Is it possible to use this to get Mario Advance 4 plus its patched e-reader levels working? My last attempts in each save format have just had the game claiming it needs to format its own save, and never getting past that screen!

It does, actually.
I've tried it before, works like a charm.

RandomMan25XX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
injecting it with NSUI works like a treat, even though I did kinda have it working with the original gba injector

suwei8889

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hello everyone! I have two 3ds so I like play Download Play nes games with my family. It's a great tool. Nes games made by Beta 27 is better than Beta 26, some image problems be solved in Beta 27. But I find a new problem in Beat 27. When I quit Download Play nes games to home page in my guest 3DS, an error always happen and it auto reboot. My host 3ds is OK. It didn’t happen in any games made by Beta 26. Could you fix it? Thanks!
webwxgetmsgimg.jpg

I have switched my host 3ds and guest 3ds. I'm sure that it's only about which 3DS is host/guest. When a guest 3ds exit, it will reboot.
ezgif.com-rotate.gif

Last edited by suwei8889,

suwei8889

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Who do you know the PPUlineCycle mean? I dump a nes VC game. And I find it in config.ini which Beta27 don't have.
"PPUlineCycle=400 Default=341"
What use do this vaule have?
无标题.png

Last edited by suwei8889,

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else having trouble generating a CIA with the error “RESULT_ERROR_DURING_PROCESS”
while making a retroarch mGBA forwarder? I was attempting to do that just now with Warioware Twisted, to see if the forwarder would support tilt controls like the standalone mGBA emulator does, but I can never get the cia to export. Thanks.

Reactions: StopLight

Treychik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Trying to inject sega genesis games...emulates fine, but when I try to access retroarch menu - there is some gibberish on the top screen instead of 'save state' load state, etc...i can still save and load, but it's just really uncomfortable to use (sometimes I use save instead of load :( )..am I doing something wrong?

Bing1093

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a fantastic program! The only small issue I have is some of my GBC games have distorted sound (the pikachu voice clips in Pokémon yellow, and other “realistic” sound effects in some games)

Any idea if it’s fixable?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y