Homebrew [DISCUSSION] New Super Ultimate Injector (NSUI)

Foppor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been having a strange issue where anytime I try to convert a PS1 project into a cia it gives me the "RESULT_ERROR_DURING_PROCESS" error, but I'm not having this issue when converting games from other consoles.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciate because it's admittedly making me want to pull my hair out. lol
Apologies if this has already been asked in the past, btw.

breadone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Is there any way to change more of the mgba settings? i'm trying to change the filter mode, but i cant seem to find any config file in nsui or retroarch folders or option within the injected game itself

basurismo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hellow everyone I have a question. How can I to do this forwarders?
nsui3ds6.png

I mean to change the position of the image of the console and the image of the game title. And how do I put the banners of the title of the game in full color.

legofordman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so how would I put an Atari 7800 game onto my 3ds?
Post automatically merged:

Glad to hear that! Of course you can, they are meant to be shared and it would be an honor :D

I will make other for the remaining systems then, FDS, PCE and Atari 2600 and 7800, I will pm you them once they're ready :)
Could you or someone explain to me how to inject Atari 7800 games to my 3ds?

Last edited by legofordman,

Helzenberg

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Good afternoon guys, I'm trying to use the program but AVAST keeps saying that the program is infected with trojan. Is this a false positive?

Trojan.jpg

Golder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, whenever I try to Download images from the database for the icon or banner, I get an error saying something along the lines of "Could not create a secure SSL/TLS channel" (it was in Spanish for some reason, so I had to paraphrase it a bit-).

I've seen other people complaining about this same error, but no one seems to have an solution to it...

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

HairDyeGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hello to all people of the forum. I have a question regarding the program. When I try to put a full color banner using a 256X64 full color image on the 3DS console the banner appears GRAY. What is the problem? How should I configure the program so that this does not happen?View attachment 305240View attachment 305241View attachment 305242View attachment 305243
I have the same issue.
I tried making banners many times, but it always comes out grey which frankly makes it look very bad and cheap.
I admit I didn't try it with ver.28 but I didn't see any note about this bug in the read me file.
Did anyone manage to solve this?

Also, from what I understood snes9x has released newer versions than the one in NSUI, do you think it would be wiser to switch to the emulator? (Installing a game as a regular title feels much easier of comfortable but I don't know if newer versions have better QoL and stability than the NSUI)

Closter14

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Try to download "mshtml.dll" and copy in the "C:\windows\System32" folder

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Looking in the files i found the problem for the missing foot in the GBA banner, the 3D model of the banner have missing the footer, the texture are there but not the 3d model of the footer.

I corrected it by editing the 3D model, and i added color to the footer and tried banner with logo.
View attachment 237544 View attachment 237545
Dude i know you aren't active since more than a year, but i have to ask anyway how you did this. I don't know anything about programs but still tried by reading on internet. I was able to decompile the .exe with JetBrains dotPeek (dont know if that's the way) but couldn't find the 3d model resource, neither less know how to put a new one in the program.

At this point this isn't about fixing the issue with the foot banner anymore, im just too interested in to knowing how this work and how you did it hahhahaha.

If any other person know please feel free to explain :D.

Awesome job with the NSUI by the way!

EDIT: For everyone who want a way to fix the foot banner problem, check the solution in Ragolay's post, is a nice an easy way to fix the problem, but as i said, at this point I'm more interested in the process of extract the 3D model and fix it or just be able of change it, for learning purposes.

Go and check this post

--------------------------

Hey, whenever I try to Download images from the database for the icon or banner, I get an error saying something along the lines of "Could not create a secure SSL/TLS channel" (it was in Spanish for some reason, so I had to paraphrase it a bit-).

I've seen other people complaining about this same error, but no one seems to have an solution to it...
Being this my first post, i also want to help a litle.
So for this problem, you need the TLS Patch.

I can't post links because I'm new, but search in google "github TLS Patcher", it should be the first page to appear, then go down in the Download and Installation point, there is the link for download the file.

Last edited by Closter14,

GONumero01

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Does anyone know how to add a custom "start" sound to a GB, GBC or GBA file during the NSUI conversion? I mean the little jingle you hear when you hover the icon on your 3DS.

I remember using NSUI a couple of years ago and making a lot of CIA with custom 2-3 seconds jingles (I still have them, so I didn't make them up, I swear!) but I can no longer find the option to add/change the intro sound now.

I'm using NSUI beta28 right now if it can help.

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Download "3dstool", open up a fresh Command Prompt window and enter the following:
Code:
3dstool -x -t banner -f <banner filename> --banner-dir <output dir>
In the output directory, you'll find a file with the (.bcwav) extension, that's the banner audio.

Reactions: godreborn

GONumero01

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Download "3dstool", open up a fresh Command Prompt window and enter the following:
Code:
3dstool -x -t banner -f <banner filename> --banner-dir <output dir>
In the output directory, you'll find a file with the (.bcwav) extension, that's the banner audio.
That's the program I used last time, I recognize the name now!! Thank you very much :D

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does 3dstool make a cia? because there's bannertool, which creates a bnr from a wave and png, then makerom will create the cia from the bnr and the icon (smdh), which can also be a png).

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
does 3dstool make a cia? because there's bannertool, which creates a bnr from a wave and png, then makerom will create the cia from the bnr and the icon (smdh), which can also be a png).
Yes, but for me it was kinda finicky. It'd be more easier to do it using "makerom" and an RSF script.

Reactions: godreborn

GONumero01

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah on second thought I'm having some problems extracting the audio with 3dstool :wacko:, I thought it would be easier...the suggested syntax doesn't seem to do anything either on cia or gba files, and I don't really understand where to put the actual file or what to do after extracting it.

Could someone write some kind of step by step explanation of the whole process? I truly remember it being a fairly straightforward thing a couple of years ago (something like: "click here to change the intro sound, remember to keep it under 2-3 seconds!"), so I'm surprised by the lack of informations about it on the whole internet.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think there's a template for thr rsf on github. I have no idea how to make one from scratch.
CIA files don't need to be compiled with an RSF file, you only use it if you're more advanced.

Nomu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah on second thought I'm having some problems extracting the audio with 3dstool :wacko:, I thought it would be easier...the suggested syntax doesn't seem to do anything either on cia or gba files, and I don't really understand where to put the actual file or what to do after extracting it.

Could someone write some kind of step by step explanation of the whole process? I truly remember it being a fairly straightforward thing a couple of years ago (something like: "click here to change the intro sound, remember to keep it under 2-3 seconds!"), so I'm surprised by the lack of informations about it on the whole internet.

I'm using NSUI beta 28 which has the option to customise the banner sound, I saw you said you also are using the same version. See the screenshot below, I've noticed in beta 27 this option is removed. Have you checked the version you are using? Silly question I know but this isn't my area of expertise.

1671030581901.png

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you can convert png and a wav formats for the banner using bannertool, but this is probably without the need for that. not sure which format it asks for, but I at least know that wav is compatible.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :D:)