Homebrew [Discontinued] TWLoader - CTR-mode NDS app

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

Are they still working on game compatibility?
I hate the white screen crash. :cry:

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
5.1.0 and 5.2.0 on Luma 8.0 Crash every time straight after the DSi Health and Safety screen (stack dump). Clean installs (deleted and removed existing TWLoader and NAND side with FBI and deleted the original files from sd card before copying the new files over and installing all 3 cia's). Tried running with wifi on and off and exactly the same result. Ive tried this on 3 consoles (my O3DS, my daughters O3DS, and my 2DS) with exactly the same crash at exactly the same point. The most up to date version I can run is 5.0.1. I'd like to see actual proof that anyone has the newest rev running without mods unbeknownst to anyone else. If I move back to 5.0.1 guess what; everything works again. Can somebody upload a video of it running with the version number shown in settings?
o3ds or n3ds? Update doesn't work and some other bugs but it works for me.

D

Deleted User

Update from the TWLoader.7z file.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not as of right now.
I miss wild world. lol
I have money for it, but I have no way to get to the store to buy it. haha

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get a white screen when twloader tries to load pokemon mistery dungeon explorers of the sky but is marked has compatible on the list. Any idea?
Make sure your SD card is using 32kb cluster size.
Hey @Robz8 any way to remove the blank slots? TWLoader is functional again on 5.2.0 R4i-SDHC RTS
Why? The blank slots are part of the original DSi Menu from the DSi.
Ohhh, so it's a TWLoader fonctionnality... Well, i guess you will need to not use the debug mode until it's fixed, sorry.
Debug still works fine for me.
While I didn't get to check the INI issue - I did experience the 1st one (SD Card being read instead of Flash) - I didn't see anything mentioned in the latest 5.2 change log about it, and haven't tried the new update yet (lack of time), but would that have possibly been addressed with it? Or should I hold off a bit more
I'm not getting the INI issue myself.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update from the TWLoader.7z file.

That worked, but I noticed some issues with the Wood theme:

there's an extra line (looks like a pixel thick) at the top of the display on both the top and bottom screens. Also pokemon white isn't pulling the box art, and there's a glitch when hovering over the game, the section where you can press Y to add a game is showing a black box. I'll upload an image in a minute.

Last edited by Nomelas,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That worked, but I noticed some issues with the Wood theme:

there's an extra line (looks like a pixel thick) at the top of the display on both the top and bottom screens. Also pokemon white isn't pulling the box art, and there's a glitch when hovering over the game, the section where you can press Y to add a game is showing a black box. I'll upload an image in a minute.
The extra line has been known for a while.

artlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not getting the INI issue myself.

I was checking on the SD being shown instead of Flashcard issue, not the INI one (unless those are supposed to be the same thing? But I read them as two separate ones - if they are the same thing I appologize)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To anyone still getting the crashing issue on v5.2.0, create a file called "log" at "sd:/_nds/twloader/".
Then start TWLoader, and a file called "log.ini" will be created. When you get the crash again, post your "log.ini" file.

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The extra line has been known for a while.

Actually, the bug appears to be on the second screen when you have more than 20 games listed. (pokemon white boxart still isn't getting pulled though)

Attachments

• bot_0000.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 220
  • bot_0001.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 222
  • top_0000.bmp
    281.3 KB · Views: 223
  • top_0001.bmp
    281.3 KB · Views: 234

Natural

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an original 3DS with boot9strap and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky goes to a black screen whenever I try to launch the game.

Attachments

• log.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 100

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Tux2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so I've got a new game to add to the compatibility list! It's "Nintendogs - Dalmation & Friends" It runs, however it occasionally has slow downs and hiccups (more so with more dogs or text displaying on the screen). I am running TWLoader v0.4.1 Ver. 5.2.1 on a New 3DS running B9S 1.2 and luma 7.1. The rom was dumped from an original cart by me. I tried it in the 67 mhz speed as well as the 133 mhz speed and it did the same thing.

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
Would there be any way to add Gameboy emulation support in TWLoader like in SRLoader? That would be amazing. Especially with cover support. Then possibly add support for other emulators like SNES, Master System, Game Gear etc

anime_junkie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
N3DS, latest luma etc, and I'm getting a white screen whenever I try to add roms with both my R4i gold RTS and my old Acekard 2(i). White screen persists over different SD cards, while setting the option for reset slot-1 both on and off, and basically whatever I try to do. I heard support for the RTS was shaky, so after it didn't work I tried my old acekard, but that was giving me the exact same problems. I've got all the broken TWL cia stuff installed, DSiWare works, etc. I'm just permanently stuck on the white screen whenever I try to add roms.

xScrypt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
N3DS, latest luma etc, and I'm getting a white screen whenever I try to add roms with both my R4i gold RTS and my old Acekard 2(i). White screen persists over different SD cards, while setting the option for reset slot-1 both on and off, and basically whatever I try to do. I heard support for the RTS was shaky, so after it didn't work I tried my old acekard, but that was giving me the exact same problems. I've got all the broken TWL cia stuff installed, DSiWare works, etc. I'm just permanently stuck on the white screen whenever I try to add roms.

Im facing the same issue :S Same config and same flashcard (Ak2i). I've also tried with differents SDcards and it always feezes at "add game" menu :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Was a dark time