Homebrew Disc2app Problem; Gamepad Won't Connect After Disc Dump and Console Won't Display on TV

LethalPenguin26

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've spent a couple hours reading through threads on this site but couldn't see another post dealing with this issue. If you know of a solution, please point me in the right direction.

This is from a new install of CBHC. I'm moderately familiar with home-brew (did a bit on my PSP and original Wii back in the day) and I had everything working according to the Wii U Hacks Guide. I was able to get a nand backup and the home-brew channel installed and operating just fine. I purchased used a legitimate copy of Brain Age from the eShop to get it up and running. I then installed Disc2app, and I wanted to dump a physical disc to the nand before I formatted a hard drive, just to make sure it worked. Again, I used the guide in the sidebar on the Wii U Hacks Guide for dumping Wii U discs.

Per the instructions, I put my SD card back into my computer and got the disc2app files loaded on. Put the SD card back into my WiiU and launched disc2app. I inserted the Windwaker HD disc and it dumped the files and launched the WiiU menu. I launched WUP installer and selected the WUP-P-BCZE file for installation on the nand (since the file was less than 2gb and this was just a test). It seemed to be going smoothly, and I last saw the installation progress at 75%. I checked on it a couple minutes later, and both the TV and the gamepad were off. So something happened between step 12 & 13 in the guide linked above.

Now whenever I power on the console, either from the gamepad or the power button on the console, nothing displays on the TV (it's not a black screen - there is no recognized input). The disc tray makes a couple of noises but nothing beyond that. Also, the gamepad is saying that it cannot connect to the console, but that seems strange because when I power the gamepad on, the console turns on (just without display). I have to hold down the power button on the console for 4+ seconds to turn it off. I have tried holding the Home / ABXY / LRZRLR buttons while powering on, trying with the SD card in and out, and removed the AC for a few minutes without any luck. The SD card still works in my computer and the Windwaker files are there in the install folder. Not sure what might have happened or if I did something wrong. Any suggestions?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried disconnecting the power cord and plugging it back in and then turning it on? Don't know if that will help, but if you can get it back up and running, I would suggest installing games to your USB hard drive first, ensure they install and work properly and then move them to the NAND via the system settings, if you want them there.

LethalPenguin26

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I've disconnected power for a few minutes, as well as overnight. I still get the same result when I reconnect and power the console on.

I eventually hope to get the games installed on a USB hard drive in the long run, but this was just a test to make sure I knew how to operate the app. Only problem is I can't tell if this is a brick or if there's a simple solution here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1