Tiramisu, haxchi & disc2app

whorewolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I had haxchi (not cold boot) installed on a wiiu and disc2app worked fine I then got a spare wiiu for a cheap price incase I accidently bricked my other one & installed tiramasu & now disc2app doesn’t work for backing up my game discs? Is there a way around this or can I also install haxchi on top of tiramasu in order to make disc2app work correctly as I’ve briefly read it’s because of the elf file why it won’t work on tiramasu! This seems ridiculous as I thought it was meant to be a forward step but otherwise is there another app for dumping wiiu disks in an easy format to then upload them to my external hdd via wup installer gx2? Thank you
Post automatically merged:

Hi I had haxchi (not cold boot) installed on a wiiu and disc2app worked fine I then got a spare wiiu for a cheap price incase I accidently bricked my other one & installed tiramasu & now disc2app doesn’t work for backing up my game discs? Is there a way around this or can I also install haxchi on top of tiramasu in order to make disc2app work correctly as I’ve briefly read it’s because of the elf file why it won’t work on tiramasu! This seems ridiculous as I thought it was meant to be a forward step but otherwise is there another app for dumping wiiu disks in an easy format to then upload them to my external hdd via wup installer gx2? Thank you
That would be dumping them to sd Card sorry

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why not just use Nusspli to directly download to the console? Or use WiiUDownloader to download whatever to your pc, then transfer them to the SD and use Nusspli or its lite version to install them?

whorewolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why not just use Nusspli to directly download to the console? Or use WiiUDownloader to download whatever to your pc, then transfer them to the SD and use Nusspli or its lite version to install them?
Thanks for the reply, I’ve not heard of Nusspli or wiiudownloader before (can you tell me more about these please) hence I thought the only way to get backups was to use disc2app?. I was considering usb helper to download the games & transfer them over via wupinstaller but I’ve literally just bought a pc laptop to use some programs specifically for the wiiu (teconmoons WiiVC injector & usb helper mainly) as I can’t access these on my Mac.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply, I’ve not heard of Nusspli or wiiudownloader before (can you tell me more about these please) hence I thought the only way to get backups was to use disc2app?. I was considering usb helper to download the games & transfer them over via wupinstaller but I’ve literally just bought a pc laptop to use some programs specifically for the wiiu (teconmoons WiiVC injector & usb helper mainly) as I can’t access these on my Mac.
I think there's a virtual box for Mac, so you could've installed a windows 10 disk image. There's also probably something like wine and Linux, which let's you use windows apps on the mac.

Reactions: Blythe93

whorewolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think there's a virtual box for Mac, so you could've installed a windows 10 disk image. There's also probably something like wine and Linux, which let's you use windows apps on the mac.
I tried wine a few years back & it wouldn’t work & I did have a virtual machine on the Mac a few years back that I managed to download & make work TMoons injector but I accidentally deleted the virtual machine so I recently re-downloaded it & it wouldn’t let me attach any usb sticks to it & I tried deleting & reinstalling it countless times so hence it had my head stomping as I couldn’t fathom out what was wrong so I give up on the virtual machine & got the pc instead lol

I tried wine a few years back & it wouldn’t work & I did have a virtual machine on the Mac a few years back that I managed to download & make work TMoons injector but I accidentally deleted the virtual machine so I recently re-downloaded it & it wouldn’t let me attach any usb sticks to it & I tried deleting & reinstalling it countless times so hence it had my head stomping as I couldn’t fathom out what was wrong so I give up on the virtual machine & got the pc instead lol
Just looking now & I notice there is a Mac download for wiiudownloader so il check that out & gonna check out Nusspli also but I’ve never heard about these programs, is Nuspli a wiiu HB app or computer programs? As obviously I see now that wiiudownloader is a computer program not a wiiu HB app

Last edited by whorewolf,
Reactions: godreborn

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Just looking now & I notice there is a Mac download for wiiudownloader so il check that out & gonna check out Nusspli also but I’ve never heard about these programs, is Nuspli a wiiu HB app or computer programs? As obviously I see now that wiiudownloader is a computer program not a wiiu HB app
Nusspli is a WiiU app.

whorewolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nusspli is a WiiU app.
Thanks, just looking at the downloads for it now, I don’t know wether to download it as an app or as a channel tbh but what is the diffirence between the debug & normal download zip files?

Thanks, just looking at the downloads for it now, I don’t know wether to download it as an app or as a channel tbh but what is the diffirence between the debug & normal download zip files?
Sorry it was a few years ago when I sift modded my original wiiu so I’m not aware of all these latest apps & programs since tiramisu came out hence I only know teconmoons WiiVC injector & a little bit of usb helper but I’m gathering from what I’ve read NUSspli or wiiudownloader are better & maybe easier to use & more up to date is that correct?

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Normal is for all the users except devs basically so grab that one. I'd just grab the HBL version when running Tiramisu and run Nusspli from Homebrew Launcher.

whorewolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Sorry it was a few years ago when I sift modded my original wiiu so I’m not aware of all these latest apps & programs since tiramisu came out hence I only know teconmoons WiiVC injector & a little bit of usb helper but I’m gathering from what I’ve read NUSspli or wiiudownloader are better & maybe easier to use & more up to date is that correct?
I also followed the most recent 2023 wiiuhacksguide to install tiramisu & it was there that it told me to install wup installer gx2 & disc2app which is obviously wrong information if disc2app doesn’t work with tiramisu

Normal is for all the users except devs basically so grab that one. I'd just grab the HBL version when running Tiramisu and run Nusspli from Homebrew Launcher.
Ok thanks for the advice, il download the normal hbl version now 😀

Reactions: lwiz

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I also followed the most recent 2023 wiiuhacksguide to install tiramisu & it was there that it told me to install wup installer gx2 & disc2app which is obviously wrong information if disc2app doesn’t work with tiramisu
Nusspli can only install games available for download though - so if you need games not available from Nintendo's servers (i.e. only disc release) you might be able to run disc2app bypassing Tiramisu on startup (press R while starting the console) running the web exploit and then HBL. Haven't tested myself if this can be done, just a quick idea I'd try.

whorewolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nusspli can only install games available for download though - so if you need games not available from Nintendo's servers (i.e. only disc release) you might be able to run disc2app bypassing Tiramisu on startup (press R while starting the console) running the web exploit and then HBL. Haven't tested myself if this can be done, just a quick idea I'd try.
Ok thanks il give it a shot later on 😀

Ok thanks for the advice, il download the normal hbl version now 😀
Sorry my mistake it wasn’t wiiuhacksguide I followed as looking at that now it was the 2023 Wiiu hacking guide on cheapergamer.co.uk which is actually pretty good minus the incorrect info regarding disc2app so hence il follow wiiuhacksguide for everything else I need to do from now on also l

Last edited by whorewolf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end