Disc still spinning when off

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Dodi, Apr 11, 2009.

Apr 11, 2009

Disc still spinning when off by Dodi at 1:51 AM (1,343 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Dodi
    OP

Member Dodi GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I have preloader 0.29 and the disc still spins when I turn the Wii off.
    I thought it was meant to be fixed in this version?
    Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks [​IMG]

2. twig123

Member twig123 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    There is still power to the USB even when the Wii is in Standby (amber) or even Off completely (Red). I believe this is an issue with how the Wii was made... not the software.

3. mabru2001

Newcomer mabru2001 Newbie

United States
    My USB is off in red light off. Just disable Wiiconnect 24/7 and you wii will power off your drive. You will loose access to some channels but i dnt use them anyways. weather/news

4. MrBubbles

Member MrBubbles GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have to bump this because this is indeed annoying. I like to have the functional News and Weather channel and I like to receive messages.

I don't see how this is an issue with the Wii hardware, prior to doing softmodding I never had a disc spin after being put into standby.

Why does it occur? The "Stop Disc" option in preloader doesn't change a thing, be it on or off.

And I'm running on .29 preloader.

The changelog said it fixed this but it didn't....

5. nl255

Member nl255 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Try the setting to ignore standby settings, that should make your wii turn off when you press the power button.

6. Shadow-Zero

Member Shadow-Zero GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I also noticed my disc keeps spinning in standby mode nowadays. I don't use my Wii much, so not sure when this started. But as I read here it's probably got to do with PreLoader?
    I changed the setting of "ignore standby mode" and now it goes straight to power off. Guess that works for me, but since I have a chip, I might as well remove PreLoader some day again.

7. djda

Member djda GBAtemp Regular

Barbados
    No need to worry theres a great program that i found its a wii power off channel so that you can keep wii connect 24 on and still you will be able to have the option to simply turn off the wii at your leisure here is the link
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zsmtzogoymm