Hacking Disc still spinning when off

Dodi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have preloader 0.29 and the disc still spins when I turn the Wii off.
I thought it was meant to be fixed in this version?
Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks
smile.gif

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is still power to the USB even when the Wii is in Standby (amber) or even Off completely (Red). I believe this is an issue with how the Wii was made... not the software.

mabru2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My USB is off in red light off. Just disable Wiiconnect 24/7 and you wii will power off your drive. You will loose access to some channels but i dnt use them anyways. weather/news

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to bump this because this is indeed annoying. I like to have the functional News and Weather channel and I like to receive messages.

I don't see how this is an issue with the Wii hardware, prior to doing softmodding I never had a disc spin after being put into standby.

Why does it occur? The "Stop Disc" option in preloader doesn't change a thing, be it on or off.

And I'm running on .29 preloader.

The changelog said it fixed this but it didn't....

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
MrBubbles said:
I have to bump this because this is indeed annoying. I like to have the functional News and Weather channel and I like to receive messages.

I don't see how this is an issue with the Wii hardware, prior to doing softmodding I never had a disc spin after being put into standby.

Why does it occur? The "Stop Disc" option in preloader doesn't change a thing, be it on or off.

And I'm running on .29 preloader.

The changelog said it fixed this but it didn't....

Try the setting to ignore standby settings, that should make your wii turn off when you press the power button.

Shadow-Zero

Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Netherlands
I also noticed my disc keeps spinning in standby mode nowadays. I don't use my Wii much, so not sure when this started. But as I read here it's probably got to do with PreLoader?
I changed the setting of "ignore standby mode" and now it goes straight to power off. Guess that works for me, but since I have a chip, I might as well remove PreLoader some day again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ssssey ioBtneicnA@