Hacking Disc light flashes twice before health screen

scottieb99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok we recently got another wii that's on 4.2u. I have softmodded it with all the usual, bootmii is boot2 and priiloader. The sd card I used to mod it was a 4 gig sandisk. I decided to use it in my other wii and use the old 2 gig pny from the other one in the 4.2. I formatted it with the sd formatter and put all the stuff on it. When I start the wii, it stays black and then after maybe 8-10 secs the drive light flashes twice very quickly, then sometimes the health screen will come up or I have to hold the power button to turn it off. If I hold reset at boot, it will do the same thing but after the flashing, priiloader will always come up. If I remove the 2 gig card, boot is fine. And the same card works fine in our other wii. I have tried reformatting it and not putting anything on it but still dame result. Did using a Sdhc card to do my softmodding somehow screw something up? If any additional info is needed, I will be happy to provide. Thanks!

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
The double flash is supposed to happen when

- there isn't an SD card inserted or
- SD card is incompatible or
- Bootmii files aren't on the SD card.

Check that you have all the necessary files on the card, and in my personal experience, SDHC compat for bootmii isn't that great (or I'm buying the wrong cards lol (no-brands))

scottieb99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Det1re said:
The SD is incompatible with BootMii/boot2.

PNY is a cheap brand anyways. Yeah the other wii could only have bootmii as an ios so that explains y it works in it. I guess there's no workaround except uninstalling bootmii as boot 2 and that's not an option. A new sd card is what it's looking like. What brand is recommended for best compatibility?

scottieb99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OSW said:
The double flash is supposed to happen when

- there isn't an SD card inserted or
- SD card is incompatible or
- Bootmii files aren't on the SD card.

Check that you have all the necessary files on the card, and in my personal experience, SDHC compat for bootmii isn't that great (or I'm buying the wrong cards lol (no-brands))

The card in question is just a 2 gig sd card. I did remove the bootmii files so it wouldn't go to bootmii at each boot. Is.there a way to bypass bootmii without removing the files?

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
scottieb99 said:
The card in question is just a 2 gig sd card. I did remove the bootmii files so it wouldn't go to bootmii at each boot. Is.there a way to bypass bootmii without removing the files?
Use the .ini to set BootMii to autoboot the System Menu directly (0 seconds delay).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.