Disc light flashes twice before health screen

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by scottieb99, Mar 26, 2010.

1. scottieb99
    OP

Member scottieb99 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ok we recently got another wii that's on 4.2u. I have softmodded it with all the usual, bootmii is boot2 and priiloader. The sd card I used to mod it was a 4 gig sandisk. I decided to use it in my other wii and use the old 2 gig pny from the other one in the 4.2. I formatted it with the sd formatter and put all the stuff on it. When I start the wii, it stays black and then after maybe 8-10 secs the drive light flashes twice very quickly, then sometimes the health screen will come up or I have to hold the power button to turn it off. If I hold reset at boot, it will do the same thing but after the flashing, priiloader will always come up. If I remove the 2 gig card, boot is fine. And the same card works fine in our other wii. I have tried reformatting it and not putting anything on it but still dame result. Did using a Sdhc card to do my softmodding somehow screw something up? If any additional info is needed, I will be happy to provide. Thanks!

2. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    The SD is incompatible with BootMii/boot2.

3. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    The double flash is supposed to happen when

- there isn't an SD card inserted or
    - SD card is incompatible or
    - Bootmii files aren't on the SD card.

Check that you have all the necessary files on the card, and in my personal experience, SDHC compat for bootmii isn't that great (or I'm buying the wrong cards lol (no-brands))

4. scottieb99
    OP

United States
    PNY is a cheap brand anyways. Yeah the other wii could only have bootmii as an ios so that explains y it works in it. I guess there's no workaround except uninstalling bootmii as boot 2 and that's not an option. A new sd card is what it's looking like. What brand is recommended for best compatibility?

5. scottieb99
    OP

United States
    The card in question is just a 2 gig sd card. I did remove the bootmii files so it wouldn't go to bootmii at each boot. Is.there a way to bypass bootmii without removing the files?

6. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    Use the .ini to set BootMii to autoboot the System Menu directly (0 seconds delay).

7. Gnac

Newcomer Gnac Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Take the SD card out

8. longtom1

Member longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Antarctica
    re-name the bootmii folder to bootmii~ or bootmii1 and bootmii will ignore it