Disc-less support for PS3?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by ChaosBoi, Feb 13, 2011.

Feb 13, 2011

Disc-less support for PS3? by ChaosBoi at 6:17 AM (1,340 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. ChaosBoi
    OP

Member ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

United States
    I remember reading up on something called Rogero Open Manager some time ago, which says it has Disc-less support. Does this mean you can load some backups without disc? The author wasn't clear on this in his changelog and I didn't find answers about it anywhere, so I was just wondering if anyone knows or gotten some games to work without a disc in the drive.

2. yeop

Member yeop GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    Actual loaders let you load games without a BD inserted. However not all the games can be loaded without BD.

I don´t know what´s exactly new on roguero manager but I´m using multiMAN and I can play games without BD

3. ChaosBoi
    OP

United States
    I see. I didn't know multiman had disc-less since I didn't see it in their changelog the last time I checked. Anyway, thanks for the quick reply.

4. DarkShadow96

Member DarkShadow96 LA96£

Canada
    Gaia Manager version 2.07 has the same feature too. Can play games without a disc in the drive.

5. ChaosBoi
    OP

United States
    In your guy's opinion, which is the better loader?

6. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    I never try Rogero's manager.
    I like Gaia Manager, but recent version aren't compatible with 3.41 ofw, so I'm stuck with 1.04.1. I'm still using this one.
    MultiMan is very good too and has a lot of updates regularly. It's compatible with all firmware from 3.4x to 3.55 ofw and cfw.

What I don't like in these manager is the option's manager. There are toooooo many options which are triggered with controller buttons and combination of buttons.
    There are so much combinations that they are not printed on screen because there's no place to put it, you just have to remember them all.
    I don't know why they still haven't created an option's screen or popup like Wii's backup managers. (global options for the loader, and options per games on different pages to tick checkboxes one by one with explicit names).

I'm yet to try the eboot conversion to create a psn eboot of a retail game to don't even need a manager anymore.