Homebrew Disabling 3DS LED Lights with Homebrew?

cainan__c

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Quoted from:https://gbatemp.net/threads/twloader-ctr-mode-nds-app.448375/
Q: Won't the LED feature cause an MCU brick?
A: Don't worry. @MarcusD said that you can only MCU brick on firmwares 8.1 or below.
It's confirmed there aren't any bricks above 8.1.
so no bricks on 9.0 and above

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Last edited by cainan__c,

Deleted member 433093

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is a homebrew application called RGB LED Bricker which flashes the LED in a rainbow-like colour and apparently it does brick some systems. Or is what I heard a lie?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a homebrew application called RGB LED Bricker which flashes the LED in a rainbow-like colour and apparently it does brick some systems. Or is what I heard a lie?
That's a joke app that's isn't a real MCU bricker.
Don't worry if you didn't know any better. Fear and ignorance of the unknown can fool anyone!

Reactions: Sono

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

That must be a joke or a bad coincidence. Besides, it's called "MCU Bricker" and is made by me, and is a joke program.

Edit: ninja'd

Oh, just to add to the thread, I took it down a long time ago, but I'll reupload it.

Attachments

• LED_dim.zip
    192.8 KB · Views: 297
Reactions: TurdPooCharger

FireyShrimp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That must be a joke or a bad coincidence. Besides, it's called "MCU Bricker" and is made by me, and is a joke program.

Edit: ninja'd

Oh, just to add to the thread, I took it down a long time ago, but I'll reupload it.
Well, your joke program might've somehow, through some arcane providence, actually bricked my homebrew (or at least my install of rehid) :P Not sure why it happened, but as soon as I launched it, my button swaps stopped working, and when I tried to redownload rehid, it crashed, and wouldn't stop crashing on startup. Are 'control settings' and 'LED schemes' stored in the same place? That might have something to do with it

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Well, your joke program might've somehow, through some arcane providence, actually bricked my homebrew (or at least my install of rehid) :P Not sure why it happened, but as soon as I launched it, my button swaps stopped working, and when I tried to redownload rehid, it crashed, and wouldn't stop crashing on startup. Are 'control settings' and 'LED schemes' stored in the same place? That might have something to do with it

It can not be the cause of it. LED data doesn't influence anything other than the LED animation task on the MCU, and it's not possible to read back LED status, and pretty sure LED looping doesn't fire an interrupt, so it can not be the cause.

I guess you tried turning your 3DS off and back on?

FireyShrimp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I
It can not be the cause of it. LED data doesn't influence anything other than the LED animation task on the MCU, and it's not possible to read back LED status, and pretty sure LED looping doesn't fire an interrupt, so it can not be the cause.

I guess you tried turning your 3DS off and back on?
Yeah, totally different thing apparently--I THINK what happened, now that I've got some help from the forum, is that I accidentally updated to a lesser version of luma with Universal Updater while also grabbing a bunch of homebrew apps, and I only noticed the lack of button swaps AFTER I used MCU bricker, when they actually weren't working at all within the HOME Menu the second I updated everything. Sorry for the baseless accusation there (though I had earnestly thought it was the problem), I just needed to hit the 5 message limit to upload my troubleshooting post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o