DIS - DSIHax Injection Service

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Blackfall, Feb 6, 2018.

1. zoogie

zoogie playing around in the dsiware

Nov 30, 2014
    Micronesia, Federated States of
    Apologize for the double post, but hopefully we should have an update today or tomorrow that will will add some features. So be on the lookout for that. :)

2. Blackfall
    OP

Blackfall Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2017
    Germany
    Some updates for this service have been made:

- I've updated this service today with the latest version of TADpole which will give more detailed error informations in the console output if something has failed.
    - I've added support for other EU and USA games which are using the 4swords hax (The games can be found here: EU-games USA-games). Thanks @zoogie for this.
    - Beside of this I've added a functionality to send a anonymous msed_data file to zoogie for each injection done with this service. This file has no personal or console unique information and is only used to improve his seedminer even more. (without seedminer this service wouldn't exist so I think its fair to help him with this).
    - I've increased the execution time for uploading the parameter files. If someone still gets timeout errors while uploading please tell me.
    - Last but not least I have improved the security at the service.

As always if you have any problems or something isn't working as expected please write it here.

Last edited by Blackfall, Mar 4, 2018
    proflayton123, zoogie and Marenthyu like this.
  3. Blackfall
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2017
    Germany
    I did some updates for the service again:
    - I've added support for more DSIware games from EUR and USA (Compatible List for USA and EUR) - thanks @zoogie for his great work
    - Added more information at the service for failed builds so people can try to fix their movable.sed error on their own - again thanks @zoogie for the writing up
    - Added a new optional build parameter for email to get in touch with them if their build failed and we figure out what the problem is

As always if you find any bugs or having problems please write it here.

4. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Nov 26, 2014
    Greece
    Κάπου
    not sure if this is an issue with the new zips, but i've had 3 people say that they got green screens after using the DIS and launching their DSiWare games. i've had to redirect them to <insert other tool here> which worked out fine for them

Last edited by MrJason005, Mar 25, 2018
  5. zoogie

Nov 30, 2014
    With these people that are having issues, could you find out what games and regions (game region) they are?

btw - a green screen will occur when the user didn't put boot.nds on the sd root -- a typical noob error.'
    The payload is different from 80KB sudoku.

Last edited by zoogie, Mar 26, 2018
  6. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Nov 26, 2014
    Greece
    Κάπου
    Why doesn't the terminal log print out the ctr-dsiwaretool output?
    And how can you run .sh scripts (UNIX scripts), yet also be able to run ctr-dsiwaretool (a Windows application) as well?

7. zoogie

Nov 30, 2014
    It does, it's just out of order for some reason.

For windows, I assume he used Wine? Dunno.

8. RD_Elite

RD_Elite Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2018
    United States
    I may sound like a noob here (because I am) but what do you do once you have your dsihax.bin file, and will home brew be installed once complete?

9. Blackfall
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2017
    Germany
    I've compiled ctr-dsiwaretool for linux so I can use it without wine or other tools. The output is mixed up and idk how I can fix this^^

@RD_Elite: When you've used my service for injecting your dsigame you can follow the guide at 3ds.hacks.guide for installing cfw on your 3ds. This will include homebrew,too

Last edited by Blackfall, Apr 1, 2018
    zoogie likes this.
  10. Souseiki

Souseiki Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    So I just spent like 12 hours redumping and brute-forcing, only to find out it was a bad DSiware dump. I kept getting "this is likely an incorrect movable.sed" might want to add that a bad DSiware dump can cause that same error.

11. Blackfall
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2017
    Germany
    The output comes from tadpole directly. For the tool the movable.sed is not matching the id0 of your game. Most of the time the movable.sed was from a wrong id0 but ofc this could have happened from a wrong id0 from the game aswell. The solutions at the job itself are already mention to use a other id0 dsiware dump but I haven't added this here in thread yet, sorry.

Solutions (try one at a time)
    1. Upload the dsiware.bin from another id0 folder in "Nintendo DSiWare".
    2. Open up the movable.sed in a hex editor and change the XX number +1 and -1 in each direction and try again for each one.
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 XX 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    (address 0x110 in movable.sed)

Souseiki likes this.
  12. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Nov 26, 2014
    Greece
    Κάπου
    why tell users to manually bruteforce their movable.sed?

13. Blackfall
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2017
    Germany
    My service isn't bruteforcing their movable_part1.sed and idk if such a service exists now. If you mean the hex modify this is just a step so people don't need to bruteforce a other id0 movable_part1.sed which is a lot faster if they already have movable.sed

14. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Nov 26, 2014
    Greece
    Κάπου
    how does telling users to start going +1 -1 +2 -2 on the least significant byte help them avoid a normal bruteforce?

15. Blackfall
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2017
    Germany
    It only avoid them to bruteforce the movable.sed again if they already had done it once but using the wrong id0 of their device (multiple id0s). With editing this hex with +/- 1 it mostly will match the right id0 since it's only incremented by 1(or x depending on how many id0 they have)

16. Souseiki

Souseiki Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2018
    United States

Thanks for clarifying that. I misunderstood that since I only have one ID0 folder. Didn't think I needed to redump the DSiware itself.

17. zoogie

Nov 30, 2014
    fwiw - this was implemented on the latest tadpole commit and should make its way into the DIS service any day now.
    Should be a nice workaround for a lot of decryption errors.

It was probably a mistake to ask users to do it manually :P

Blackfall likes this.
  18. FoureyeSamurai

FoureyeSamurai Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2018
    United States
    I just added my moveable.sed and bin file to the site, it's failed multiple times. I'm not sure where the error is happening. I did this about a month or two ago for another one and it worked fine. I'm using a new 3DS XL.

19. zoogie

Nov 30, 2014
    Are you the recent build failures? Can you confirm?
    #3695 -> #3698

The error output is telling us you're uploading something that isn't a movable.sed.

20. FoureyeSamurai

FoureyeSamurai Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2018
    United States
    That would be me. I'm not sure what could be causing that. I'm running seedminer from homebrew, and it kicks out that file into the seed starter. The only change is me renaming it from moveable_1 to moveable. Any ideas what could be causing this?