jakeopolis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,

I'm having a problem with Dios Mios in USB Loader GX. I've got everything set up correctly (I think) and usually, DM does not successfully load my GameCube games. About 1 time out of 20, it will work perfectly. When it doesn't work, I get one of the following problems:
-- Indefinite black screen after DM splash
-- DM splash, then "Do you want to play in progressive mode?" query. I respond, get a Nintendo splash, and then black screen. Interestingly, when this happens, I get no sound effects when responding to progressive mode prompt.
-- DM splash, progressive mode prompt with sound effects, game loads correctly, but upon loading my saved game, black screen crash.

Note that this happens will all GC games I've tried, and I've tried different hard drives.

USB Loader GX Rev1233
IOS249 rev 21010
DM v.2.11+
d2x v10beta53-alt base56

Thanks!!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
black screen after the slapsh screen is often a video mode issue.
Are you set to Video mode : Auto?

It's possible that video modes are buggy in USBLoaderGX as I changed them many time and couldn't test them properly with all loaders/games/regions.
Could you try the same setup (same video mode, etc.) but using another loader? (DMLoader or wiiflow for example), or using an old version of USBGX (10-15 revision back)?

jakeopolis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Cyan,

Thanks for your fast reply. I've tried a few different video modes, now set on Disc Default which seems to work more often than the others. I've also tried changing the Wii video output to 480p and 480i and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I'll try with another loader and let you know what happens.

jakeopolis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
black screen after the slapsh screen is often a video mode issue.
Are you set to Video mode : Auto?

It's possible that video modes are buggy in USBLoaderGX as I changed them many time and couldn't test them properly with all loaders/games/regions.
Could you try the same setup (same video mode, etc.) but using another loader? (DMLoader or wiiflow for example), or using an old version of USBGX (10-15 revision back)?

I tried Wiiflow and I'm getting the exact same behaviour. Any ideas? Is there any kind of logging function in DM that could report what kind of error it's encountering?

Thanks for your help!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think you need a USBGecko for logging feature.

Try DML + SD card to see if the issue is your game, your loader, your setup, etc.
if it works on SD with DML2.11, your USB is probably the cause. try another HDD.

You can also play games using nintendont, but it's always good to have more possibilities.
You can try DM and DML too.

jakeopolis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think you need a USBGecko for logging feature.

Try DML + SD card to see if the issue is your game, your loader, your setup, etc.
if it works on SD with DML2.11, your USB is probably the cause. try another HDD.

You can also play games using nintendont, but it's always good to have more possibilities.
You can try DM and DML too.

Well, it looks like you caught the cause. Tried DML + SD and it works perfectly every time. Strange because my USB drive is setup properly and works some of the time, and other drives I've tried don't work at all (I don't even get the DM splash).

For now I'm happy to play off the SD card... just happy it works!

Thanks a lot for your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night