Hacking DIOS MIOS - The USB GC loader for Wii

6jonathan1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disscuss about DIOS MIOS here and don't start flaming or I'm closing it.
angry.gif

and BTW,would some one make a video tutorial for installing SNEEK?

hetfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I myself now how uneek works, but i missed the release of dios-mios.

So my only question is, why is the project killed? not working or other reason?

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
hetfield said:
I myself now how uneek works, but i missed the release of dios-mios.

So my only question is, why is the project killed? not working or other reason?
The project has been completely abandoned

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the source is still available, so someone else who's interested could pick it up to continue it. Just a suggestion.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
MushGuy said:
Well, the source is still available, so someone else who's interested could pick it up to continue it. Just a suggestion.
To run into the exact same problems Crediar did for the exact same reason that its imposible. When will people get this, lol

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donkey Plonk said:
MushGuy said:
To run into the exact same problems Crediar did for the exact same reason that its imposible. When will people get this, lol
You obviously didn't see the videos.

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GC USB loading just isn't going to work in this manner. I think it'd be more plausible to have a port of dolphin designed to accommodated the idea of loading GC games off of USB.

Category

Trainee Romhacker
Trophies
Website
masseffectzero.blogspot.co.uk
XP
Country
nano351 said:
GC USB loading just isn't going to work in this manner. I think it'd be more plausible to have a port of dolphin designed to accommodated the idea of loading GC games off of USB.

Dolphin will NEVER run on a Wii. At least never in a playable state.

Why don't all these people that want to load GC ISO's just get themselves SD Geckos?

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
MushGuy said:
Donkey Plonk said:
MushGuy said:
You obviously didn't see the videos.
No I did, the vids of crediar making it work for all of 3 or 4 games, all had issues and the reason he could perfect it no further and gave up is because he got to the point where it becomes impossible as it simply is.

As mentioned, the best way is sd gecko or ide-exi with the new swiss gc iso loader, designed for GC, works with wii, will load from sd card or ide hard drive

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Category said:
nano351 said:

Why don't all these people that want to load GC ISO's just get themselves SD Geckos?
why would dolphin never work on the wii? The wii has all the hardware to natively run GC games...

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
nano351 said:
Category said:
nano351 said:

why would dolphin never work on the wii? The wii has all the hardware to natively run GC games...
The specs you need to run the Dolphin emulator with an efficient and stable framerate is much higher than that of the Wii. The Wii can run GameCube games natively, but that doesn't mean it can run the Dolphin emulator with any use. The Wii works totally different from a PC, so the coding would need to be revised to even get the emulator ported in the first place.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Category said:
nano351 said:

If you ask me, it would be really nice if there were a way to connect an USB hard drive to the memory card port. I was thinking USB Gecko, but it connects to the PC instead.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
MushGuy said:
Category said:
nano351 said:

If you ask me, it would be really nice if there were a way to connect an USB hard drive to the memory card port. I was thinking USB Gecko, but it connects to the PC instead.
Thats what has been brought out. Swiss is designed to run either an sd gecko or an ide hard drive via the memory card port using a device known as an ide-exi.
Look up the thread on Swiss

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
PLEASE STOP.
ALL JUST STOP.

Goddamnit, again the neverending discussion about gamecube USB loading on the Wii.
IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET THIS WORKING ON A WII, WITHOUT A HARDMOD.
(WODE, Sundriver, or even a SD gecko, or IDE-EXI)

Also, DIOS-MIOS is just a POC. Compatibility is VERY limited, and will always stay limited. Saving etc. will not work good. And every game will need a different way of patching to keep compatibility on a good level.

(Sorry for this rant, but I'm just tired of this discussion in every gamecube related thread.)

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Darkmystery said:
PLEASE STOP.
ALL JUST STOP.

Goddamnit, again the neverending discussion about gamecube USB loading on the Wii.
IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET THIS WORKING ON A WII, WITHOUT A HARDMOD.
(WODE, Sundriver, or even a SD gecko, or IDE-EXI)

Also, DIOS-MIOS is just a POC. Compatibility is VERY limited, and will always stay limited. Saving etc. will not work good. And every game will need a different way of patching to keep compatibility on a good level.

(Sorry for this rant, but I'm just tired of this discussion in every gamecube related thread.)
Unfortunately people will just NEVER accept this mate. LOL
Too many uneducated noobs assume their light bulb moment hasn't already been tried without realising, the people that come up with these hacks and the people who have explained in the past in great detail the memory issues to name but one of the major issues of getting this to work. These people are already the programming elite, and then some people come along and say, "now I know nothing about this sort of thing, but to me this makes logical sense that it should be possible". I love it when people say I know nothing about this and then go on to make their own assumption based on absoloutly no fact.

Might as well be saying when will ps3 usb loading be on the wii.
ITS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro